New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 653 total)
  • Author
    StormDancer
    Participant

I think perhaps “Explore” would be better named “Forums” as  the items under it seem to be more forum oriented and that would allow new users of the site to easily see that there is an active Fourm here as well.

Looking for:
      "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Jennifer
      Keymaster

I actually prefer the new layout with the Explore drop down! It’s easier to navigate. If people are getting confused though, perhaps a “community” drop down with the forum, classifieds, pyo galleries would work, and drop the other stuff under “explore” (Reptangle™, FAQ, About, the blog? etc).

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Susie
        Keymaster

Clay:  could that “Explore” tab say “Explore our Community”  or something like that so that people will be more tempted to see what else there is?

Clay
          Keymaster

John and I discussed what that “explore” tab should be called. We didn’t think “explore” was ideal, but weren’t able to think of the perfect term. So we are open to suggestions. I think “explore our community” is too long, though. It could simply say “community.” That’s not perfect, but I don’t think there is a perfect solution. That tab is essentially everything other than shopping, so it’s tricky.

Ela_Hara
            Participant

How about just saying “OUR COMMUNITY” – would that be too long? It also seems a simple way to indicate belonging and the fact that fans and forum stuff is part of that tab.
              Also – what was the reasoning for breaking out ‘Dragons’ from the rest of ‘All Products’? You might want to have that extra tab be more of only as a ‘Contact Us’ or ‘About Us’ tab, which would be the location where you would put the Windstone contact and miscellaneous information, such as dealers and FAQs for new clients to access.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

etruscan
              Participant

I see “Reptangle” under the “Community” tab (thanks for changing that description) but Melody’s Blog seems to have disappeared.  Was this intentional?

Clay
                Keymaster

Well John’s thought was to eliminate it since Melody rarely posts there, and does more posting on facebook. But I see that she did post something a couple weeks ago. I’ll add it to the menu for now.

etruscan
                  Participant

Thanks.  Two points:

1 – Past Blog posts are useful for tracing the development of projects and photos of Work in Progress.  I check there fairly frequently when someone asks a question about Windstone that I am trying to answer.  Sometimes old posts are just fun to read, also.

2 – Melody has posted class photos of almost all the Grab Bags on her Blog.  I noticed that the Blog was missing when I checked to see if the tanuki class photo had been posted there as well as in a Forum thread.  It would be unfortunate to lose this history.

We have already lost more Windstone history than I like.  Specifically, two ? Forum iterations ago, Melody had an old Gallery that included photos of very early Windstone-related work.  As far as I can tell, this no longer exists.  Eliminating the Blog would remove another source of past information.  You may think that nobody consults these references, but some of us do.

etruscan
                    Participant

P.S.  A third point – not all the Forum users are on Facebook or want to have a Facebook account.  For these people information posted on Facebook effectively doesn’t exist, though I try to repost thing here when I see them.

GardenNinja
                      Participant

THIS^^^^. I don’t need all my info sold to shady companies.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

StormDancer
                        Participant

This is exactly why I have flat out refused to use facebook ever since it started.

etruscan, a huge THANK YOU for taking the time to post the Windstone facebook information here where people who dont or wont use facebook can see it.

Looking for:

StormDancer
                          Participant

Is it just me or are others not able to see the newly released items in any format except alphabetical order?  As I recall I used to be able to sort those into newly released so I could see the newest items first.

Looking for:

Clay
                            Keymaster

We can keep the blog. It’s not a problem.

StormDancer
                              Participant

Thank you for keeping the blog.

Looking for:

fatalbeauty
                                Participant

trying to post with a different browser(IE) to see if it works since I haven’t been able to post with Firefox in the past few days….

edit: IE works but no Firefox…..

4 things I'm looking for:
                                  1. Mother Meerkat
                                  2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                                  3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                                  4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 653 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.