fbpx

Kaytanas PYO's – New Dragon! Finished! Pg 7

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Kaytanas PYO's – New Dragon! Finished! Pg 7

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 199 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

I haven’t seen Maleficent but that is a cool dragon!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Hannah
      Participant

Nice job Kay! Subtle and detailed all at the same time, beautiful!
        You reminded me that I never posted pictures of the Maleficent dragon that I painted for Buzz for Christmas XD I started slacking on my PYO thread.. I’ll have to track those pics down later (it’s a small dragon, not a Keeper)!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
        Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

KaytanaPhoenix
        Participant

*kicks the double post*

KaytanaPhoenix
          Participant

*giggle* Thank You Steph! πŸ™‚ I wish you could see her in person, the photos – per usual with Windstones – doesn’t really capture her!

Adaneth, Thank you! I’m so happy I went with those eyes for her.. she almost got metallic periwinkle as that is what I had on hand.. I just kept telling myself it didn’t seem right for Maleficent to have purple eyes, lol! Had to do some work to get these to fit though, they’re deeper than the usual glass eyes. – Worth it though!

Fatal and Kim, Thank you! πŸ™‚

Hannah, of course you would have a Maleficent dragon too ;p lol! I seriously originally planned on painting her on a small dragon at first, but after a couple months thinking about it – and having a Keeper I could paint and not a SM dragon to paint on hand, lol. I decided she needed to be a Keeper! I’m glad I made that decision for several reasons now, haha.. I’d love to see yours! πŸ™‚ I always love seeing your work!

Featherwurm
            Participant

Excellent idea! I love the green touch in the nostrils, just perfect!

Lokie
              Participant

I’ve seen the Disney animated movie Sleeping Beauty many, many times as a kid, yet I’m embarressed to say that I had to google the dragon to make the comparison. Memory fail! Anyways, really nice interpretation of the dragon. The eyes are a nice touch =)

KaytanaPhoenix
                Participant

I’ve seen the Disney animated movie Sleeping Beauty many, many times as a kid, yet I’m embarressed to say that I had to google the dragon to make the comparison. Memory fail! Anyways, really nice interpretation of the dragon. The eyes are a nice touch =)

hehe, even after I had watched the movie (when it sparked the idea) I had to do a search to make sure I got some of the details right! So don’t feel too bad πŸ˜‰ hehe

Falcolf
                  Participant

She’s gorgeous, I love the purple on her wings and the way that it combines with the black. Really awesome work! πŸ˜€

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Amstaff
                    Participant

Spent a large portion of my day working on my Hellfire again πŸ™‚ I was *stuck* with him for a long time, but today he has come together quite nicely!
                      I’m hoping to have him finished tomorrow! What do you guys think of the metallic black on the scales on his neck?? I love them and hate them all at the same time, lol! I have another idea that I could do with them if people think they should be changed? It’s an easy fix too!

When he is all done he will be going up for offers πŸ™‚ I just have to relocate his red gems, lol! I managed to misplace all but one color of gems.. I have an idea where they could be, but I’m at the wrong house to go looking for them, at the worst I’ll order more, lol!

Oh—My—– GAWD !! This PYO dragon is absolutely stunning ! Im a gamer, and used to be a WoW addict, and now play Diablo III when I have the time….. and this dragon just reminds me of the stuff I love so much about gaming! Im getting ready to try PYO Windstone soon, and this piece is such an inspiration ! I can only hope someday I can create something so gorgeous, and that my imagination can be as inventive as yours !

Lauren
                      Participant

I don’t know why I hadn’t checked out the full range of your PYO stuff until now, but I have to say, everything on this thread is absolutely stunning and inspirational. Thank you for sharing!

KaytanaPhoenix
                        Participant

Thank you everyone for the kind words πŸ™‚ I really appreciate it! <3

Amstaff, Hellfire remains to be my pride and joy and I am looking forward to painting one for myself soon! (and a matching Malthael some day) I am glad someone recognizes him! πŸ™‚ I have a friend who is going to be painting more pieces that relate to WoW a bit too, I'm really looking forward to seeing hers! πŸ™‚

Here is a quick photo of my recent pride and joy! He just started his trip to his new home, I can't wait for his new owner to see him! <3

This is Desert Sunset!

I’ll soon get the whole set of photos resized and uploaded (and to someplace that doesn’t kill quality, lol) I’m feeling slightly lazy right now ;p but I wanted to show him off too! lol..

Stormbreeze
                          Participant

Desert Sunset is magnificent, such detail πŸ™‚ Good call on the contrasting blue eyes, also.

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Prezaurian
                            Participant

Amstaff, Hellfire remains to be my pride and joy and I am looking forward to painting one for myself soon! (and a matching Malthael some day) I am glad someone recognizes him! πŸ™‚ I have a friend who is going to be painting more pieces that relate to WoW a bit too, I'm really looking forward to seeing hers! πŸ™‚

Here is a quick photo of my recent pride and joy! He just started his trip to his new home, I can't wait for his new owner to see him! <3

This is Desert Sunset!

I’ll soon get the whole set of photos resized and uploaded (and to someplace that doesn’t kill quality, lol) I’m feeling slightly lazy right now ;p but I wanted to show him off too! lol..

Oh my gosh, I LOVE the wings! Gorgeous swirl patterns (they look like the shapes you see solar flares take coming off the sun)! -squees- Plus, orange and blue is my absolute favorite set of complementary colors!

dragonmedley
                              Participant

You made swirls on the wings! I luf swirls!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Amstaff
                                Participant

This is Desert Sunset!

Desert Sunset is also stunning ! And I would be curious to see your friends pieces if they are also WoW based! Im hoping to be able to do some gaming based pieces as well … someday, if I get good enough πŸ˜›

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 199 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.