fbpx

Kaytanas PYO's – New Dragon! Finished! Pg 7

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Kaytanas PYO's – New Dragon! Finished! Pg 7

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 199 total)
  • Author
    Amstaff
    Participant

A lil quick photo of my most recently finished piece πŸ™‚

This one was painted for a friend, modeled after the cutest dog name Tsune! (Seemed very fitting to put on a Kitsune) I’m so happy with how she turned out! πŸ™‚

I will get better photos tomorrow, before I ship this lil one to her new home! But I wanted to share tonight! hehe

Oh wow! He is so adorable and real looking ! Love him πŸ™‚

Falcolf
      Participant

Extreme cutenes!! πŸ˜€

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

KaytanaPhoenix
        Participant

I have my interwebs back (It’s been down since Thurs) so I can properly respond now! πŸ™‚

Thank you everyone for the kind of words on “Tsune” πŸ™‚ She was a LOT of fun to paint and I am so happy her new owner loves her! <3 My model certainly is an adorable baby! πŸ™‚ I can't wait to paint another Kitsune! The sculpt is just so fun to paint! – I also did get some other photos, though I need to go find the memory card they're on XD "cleaned" the house the other day, not entirely sure where I put some things lol!

KaytanaPhoenix
          Participant

My current WIP (one of them, anyway, lol!)
            I decided to try my hand at a Grulla pinto mare… a lil more than base coats right now (though you can’t at all see the little bit of shading on the grey I’ve done..) I’m excited to see how she turns out when she’s all done πŸ™‚

She will be looking for a new home when she’s finished up

KaytanaPhoenix
            Participant

My latest finished piece πŸ™‚

This Winged Wolf was based off Sunrise (Sunset?) colors! and photos will never do this one full justice! πŸ™‚

She is painted in metallic purples, pinks and a touch of peachy orange.. though her darkest shade of purple will sometimes show a more blue tint than purple, depending on lighting/angle…
              The paints were mixed with Pearl Ex, the purple has an especially high dose so she has a certain sparkle that my camera tried to pick up in the direct sunlight photos, it’s *almost* like having Windstones magic paint mixed into the color… (I don’t know if I could duplicate the mix of the purples if I wanted to! lol)
              Nearly her whole body is dry brushed (black base) with the darkest purple.. with highlights here and there in brighter shades… and the wings just glow of an early morning Sunrise casting pinks and purples onto the clouds! All that remained black is her black mask, and a lil bit of her wings, her wings where it remained black got a coat of a hematite black, to represent what would be left of a night sky πŸ™‚

She is finished in a satin clear coat, which as my boyfriend put it “Makes her shine!” It really brings out the richness of the colors on her πŸ™‚
              Currently the blue eyes are just set in, I really like them myself, but I figure when she finds a buyer, I’ll give them the option of blue or if they would like to try something else πŸ™‚ I like that they stand out, without taking attention away from the rest of her

Prezaurian
              Participant

Gorgeous wolf! I really like the colors you chose. They’re really beautifully arranged and applied (great use of dry brushing!). VERY nice job! πŸ˜€ I can definitely see the purple glimmering in the first photo!

MandBsMom
                Participant

I love that dry brushing! Looks awesome!

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Hannah
                  Participant

Oooh wow she’s beautiful Kay! I am a sucker for sunset/sunrise schemes and this is definitely doing it for me! XD I know what pearlex looks like when it’s mixed into paints and it really makes the paint look dynamic and beautiful! So even if your camera didn’t pick it up completely, I can totally imagine it and it’s gorgeous! πŸ™‚ Beautiful job!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                    Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Adaneth
                    Participant

Fantastic work on that wolf! Wow! πŸ˜€

KaytanaPhoenix
                      Participant

Thanks guys! πŸ™‚ Man I really do wish I could just pass this wolf around for everyone to see XD lol! The photos just don’t grab the vibrancy at all, lol.. She was a lot of fun to paint (not that I ever really dislike painting anything, lol) and I had a blast working with these colors! I may work with this color scheme again soon πŸ™‚ I have a bit of that dark purple left.. I’m just trying to pick a choose wisely, as once that purple is gone, it is gone! haha…

I do have a classified ad up for her right now, if anyone is interested πŸ™‚ I didn’t plan on having a wolf up for sale among the wolfy madness, but I giggled when it all worked out for it, lol! So here is a fantasy wolf for those who hoped for fantasy GB’s? ;p hehe!

Kim
                        Blocked

Very nice! That’s a cool way you did the wings like a sunrise!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

KaytanaPhoenix
                          Participant

Very nice! That’s a cool way you did the wings like a sunrise!

Thank you! πŸ™‚

KaytanaPhoenix
                            Participant

So, I have decided I’d really like to paint something green! .. well, mostly green anyway, lol (This was a passing thought the other day that was just solidified by watching a friend paint an awesome griffin today with some green!, lol) – But I don’t know what to paint?! lol.. So I ask everyone out here what the higher interest is for? as the finished piece will likely be for sale.. Shall it be a Long Haired Flap Cat? Kitsune? or KittyGriff?

Ela_Hara
                              Participant

A KittyGriff might be neat in greens. πŸ™‚
                                He can be a ‘Field’ KittyGriff that hides in grasses….

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

KaytanaPhoenix
                                Participant

I got to paint something green! lol ;p

I started this lil guy a bit before St Patricks day… alas, my plan to get him done by then obviously did not work out so well… I only recently was able to finish him, as I’ve had a rough couple months and wasn’t much in the mood to paint… Was really nice to get this lil guy back out and finish him up. πŸ™‚ My goodness, I know I said it before, and I know I’ll say it again, but this lil sculpt is so much fun to paint! If you have been thinking of getting one, I highly recommend it! I can’t get enough of them πŸ™‚

His photo’s don’t do him entire justice (Haven’t seen a true sunny day in a while now, as Seattle’s weather seemed to have taken a vacation to Colorado, lol! So I haven’t had the best lighting to photograph him in)
                                  His green’s are just gorgeous, rich in color and just what I was hoping for! (The only true black on him is his nose and the detail on his mouth. The lil dark muzzle stripes, back of ears, legs and whatnot are a really dark green, even in person almost looks black unless you get him in bright daylight) and his creamy colors accent on him so well! I originally planned on more gold on him, but couldn’t bring myself to try it after getting him to this point, I fell far too in love with how he came together, and found the gold paw pads were the perfect accent πŸ™‚

This lil guy will be up for sale, but I won’t lie… if no one buys him, I won’t at all be butt hurt if he stays here πŸ˜‰ hehe.

Also, I need to come up with a name for him.. something handsome!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 199 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.