fbpx

Kaytanas PYO's – New Dragon! Finished! Pg 7

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Kaytanas PYO's – New Dragon! Finished! Pg 7

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 199 total)
  • Author
    Riversgrace
    Participant

You did an amazing job!!!!! I LOVE palominos!!!!

Thank you so much everyone! πŸ™‚

His tribal was quite a pain to do.. that wing texture is not designed to easily create the effect of smooth lines XD lol. but I’m happy with how it turned out, and will enjoy painting tribal designs on other sculpts! πŸ™‚

and Hannah, a special Thank you, to you! I really appreciate all your help you’ve given me to help me get over my lil road bumps! <3

Yes–trying to do lines/designs *across* wing feathers is a PITA too. Found that out while working on the wolf.

You did a great job with it though!

KaytanaPhoenix
      Participant

I was really hoping this guy would have been done by now ;p but alas time has worked against me! hehe, but I’m happy with how he is coming together… plenty to do still, but you can get an idea of him here πŸ™‚

Eyes and Gem just set in place… that is not a flat backed gem, that is the pointy back like Windstone uses, my dad has the bits to drill for gems πŸ™‚

This guy is in celebration of Diablo 3 releasing! πŸ™‚ His name is Hellfire, my Diablo Dragon, soulstone included! lol

When he is done he will be for sale.

KaytanaPhoenix
        Participant

His tribal was quite a pain to do.. that wing texture is not designed to easily create the effect of smooth lines XD lol. but I’m happy with how it turned out, and will enjoy painting tribal designs on other sculpts! πŸ™‚

and Hannah, a special Thank you, to you! I really appreciate all your help you’ve given me to help me get over my lil road bumps! <3

Yes–trying to do lines/designs *across* wing feathers is a PITA too. Found that out while working on the wolf.

Haha, yeah! I get to learn that one too I think πŸ˜‰ have my own PYO wolf I wanna do XD

SilverDragon
          Participant

I like how you did his horns. Very neat!

Author of β€œMoonlight Walkers” book and artist for the Trail of Painted Ponies Co.
            Follow for updates: twitter.com/cmooreauthor

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

WOW! He’s looking awesome so far, I love that detailing in the crevaces of the wing and the horn style! Very unique!

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

KaytanaPhoenix
              Participant

Thank you! πŸ™‚

Those wings are trying to kill me, I swear XD lol!
                You can’t at all tell here, but in the parts that’re still black in the crevices of the wings is a flat black with a very metallic black on the raised parts of the scales.. it looks quite nice in person πŸ™‚

I’m still not done detailing that horn either, haha! and his claws are going to have the same effect… ‘n I’m more or less making up my mind how to do the rest of him as I go, hehe…

I’m in love with the fiery crevices on the wings. That looks amazing (and like a heck of a lot of time was put into them!) And the horn details are coming out great too. I love the overall look, he’s a neat one.

Going to do a glossy finish on him or keep him more towards the matte look?

dragonmedley
                Participant

VΓ©ry vΓ©ry cool! Loving the lava effect on the wings.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

dragonmedley
                  Participant

Haha, yeah! I get to learn that one too I think πŸ˜‰ have my own PYO wolf I wanna do XD

For the record, the only PYO on which lines are NOT a pain is the unicorn. I’m having a blast on the phoenix’s feet right now… scaly + neat lines = ultimate frustration.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Jinya
                    Participant

Super cute pink nose on the Palamino! The dragon is looking awesome too! I know those wings are a pain, but man do they look good! The effect really makes me think of hellfire rising.. well.. not that I think about that sort of thing.. often…

I was really hoping this guy would have been done by now ;p but alas time has worked against me! hehe, but I’m happy with how he is coming together… plenty to do still, but you can get an idea of him here πŸ™‚

Eyes and Gem just set in place… that is not a flat backed gem, that is the pointy back like Windstone uses, my dad has the bits to drill for gems πŸ™‚

This guy is in celebration of Diablo 3 releasing! πŸ™‚ His name is Hellfire, my Diablo Dragon, soulstone included! lol

When he is done he will be for sale.

All I can say is……….Sorry got nothing to say…….Mouth to busy hanging open drooling….can’t speak! πŸ™‚ STUNNING, WONDERFUL, CREATIVE, TALENTED

LOVE THIS COMPLETELY!!!!!

Amanda
                      Participant

Good Lord! Those wings and horns are just freaking stunning!!

KaytanaPhoenix
                        Participant

Thank you so much everyone! Makes me feel awesome to get so many good comments about him πŸ™‚ Good motivation for to me keep working hard on him!!
                          For any who are interested, I believe I will be taking offers on him when he is done πŸ™‚ he’s got a long way to go to be done though, he’s still relatively simple for where I want to take the design… I’m also contemplating doing a Small Dragon Diablo Dragon after this guy, I will see how Hellfire does when all is said and done before I start in on that though, lol.

Jolie: The wings didn’t take as long as one might think, really… either that or I’m just really used to taking time on fine details in paintings (This guy is sort of showing off the details I’m used to putting into paintings, which is a lot of fun to do on a 3D object!) I did though go through and paint between crevices… I’m sure some would think I’d paint the fiery and then fill in the black but I had the black done before I realized I wanted to try to “lava” steady hand and patience, much like Palominos wings πŸ˜‰

DragonMedley: Thank You! I realize all textures are going to make for an interesting time with lines! But if it were easy, it wouldn’t be so unique πŸ™‚ So I don’t mind so much! lol

Jinya: Thank You! I wanted to cuddle Paly when I got his nose all done, lol! Especially with those blue eyes, I will be getting his brown eyes into him very soon and taking him out for a photoshoot before he ships off to his new home! He is very pretty with his brown eyes! – So naming my Diablo Dragon “Hellfire” is fitting then? XD

Branzy: Thank you so much! *blush* I’m glad you love him so much πŸ™‚

Eleu: Thank you! πŸ™‚ I’m excited to see how he looks when his claws are all done too, some scales may get this effect as well

Hannah
                          Participant

WAAHHH *grabby hands* GIMMEEHHHHHH

I just went on a Diablo binge. T_T Need.. sleep..

Dude, those horns are freaking AMAZING and that wing detailing is fantastic!! I am so excited to see this guy done, you are doing such a ridiculously good job!!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                            Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 199 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.