fbpx

I was so excited about my

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone I was so excited about my

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

My collection seems puny compared to some of the numbers I’ve seen thrown out.

I don’t remember exactly what I spent on some of my pieces so I just looked at issue prices and added that up. It came to $414. I know I spent more than that (probably closer to $500+) since I had to get my black unicorn family (minus the mother) off eBay after they were retired. I tried to pay close to original price, but some pieces got closer to almost twice the price.

I look on eBay right now and see all the retired pieces out and it makes me sick because when I was hunting for them they were scarce and always seemed to show up when we were short on cash.

Maria
      Participant

ryliecat wrote:

ive started a cheaper hobby too since we cant swing the hundreds for all the windstones ( hubby says he will catch me up and get me current when we get some money). have you guys seen the todd mcfarlane dragons? they are smaller but o-so-detailed. here click the link and check them out; http://www.spawn.com/toys/series.aspx?series=333

Those are nice dragons, Rylie. What’s the price range?

Participant

skigod377 wrote:

SilverArrow wrote:

I still need the mother griffin, 2 chicks, and a birmese flapcat to finish my collection. So I estimate it will be about $5000 when I am done, with about 34-35 pieces.

Pft. You’re gonna be “Done” collecting? πŸ˜† Admitting your addiction is the first step to a cure…though we dont know what the cure is.

I laughed out loud when I read this. You are so right, but my credit cards cannot take such a beating for long. So I designated what pieces I “need” and then will stop for a year (or ten) to pay off some debt. That way I won’t feel like “poor me”… when I see a piece I didn’t get because I “couldn’t afford it.” Will I be done being a collector? Probably not. But this way I will need to sell something before I get anything new, and it will keep me in check. I think….. πŸ˜€

As one of my economic profs said in college – “Resources are limited, but human wants are not.”

I have a little over 40 Windstones and I think I’ve spent a total of about $5000 so far. The orange tabby and gray tabby flapcats were the most expensive — a little over $500 for each of those.

I think I’ll be spending a lot more soon with all of the new stuff coming out… 😯

Patricia
          Participant

I think I would have a panic attack if I ever added up what I have spent on windstones… 😯

So I refuse to do it. I’d reather just enjoy them and keep collecting then realise how much I’ve spent. I’m actually thinking of doing another photo session and showing them all off. I’ve only done my white family so far. πŸ˜€

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Maria
            Participant

Yes please, Keplilly!

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

ryliecat wrote:

ive started a cheaper hobby too since we cant swing the hundreds for all the windstones ( hubby says he will catch me up and get me current when we get some money). have you guys seen the todd mcfarlane dragons? they are smaller but o-so-detailed. here click the link and check them out; http://www.spawn.com/toys/series.aspx?series=333

Those are nice dragons, Rylie. What’s the price range?

I have all the sets of them so far. I am only missing a few I didn’t like too much from the first series. They each went for about 12 or 15 bucks each in stores, but you can find them on ebay cheaper then that. Each series came with one “special large dragon” in a collectors box and they were usually about 30 bucks each. I’ve heard that McFarland himself wasn’t a very nice person from friends who went to cons, but I LOVE his figures. So far I have the dragon sets, All the Alien & Predator stuff, the twisted fairytales, and the Wizard of Oz set. I used to have a ton more, but I sold them at a yard sale a few years back. Most were from back when I was a little goth chick, hanging out at the mall =) I had to grow up just a tiny bit and make more room for Windstones! LOL! Although I wish I still had my Tortured Souls set back. That set was twisted, the Matrix set was pretty cool too.

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

wolflodge100
                Participant

I have almost all of them too. I am missing the first boxed set and one from series 3 I didn’t like

Lokie
                  Participant

drag0nfeathers wrote:

I have all the sets of them so far. I am only missing a few I didn’t like too much from the first series. They each went for about 12 or 15 bucks each in stores, but you can find them on ebay cheaper then that. Each series came with one “special large dragon” in a collectors box and they were usually about 30 bucks each. I’ve heard that McFarland himself wasn’t a very nice person from friends who went to cons, but I LOVE his figures. So far I have the dragon sets, All the Alien & Predator stuff, the twisted fairytales, and the Wizard of Oz set. I used to have a ton more, but I sold them at a yard sale a few years back. Most were from back when I was a little goth chick, hanging out at the mall =) I had to grow up just a tiny bit and make more room for Windstones! LOL! Although I wish I still had my Tortured Souls set back. That set was twisted, the Matrix set was pretty cool too.

I think my favorite piece in my entire collection of figures and statues has to be McFarland’s Mandarin Spawn from series 14 (don’t tell my Windstones). The original, small red version. When my little sister was learning how to knit, she even knitted him a cape to keep him warm (which he is proudly displayed it).

Unfortunately, the McFarland dragons aren’t to my liking.

ladybrooklyn
                    Participant

CherylKaufman wrote:

Ooooooh- that would SUCK about the horse!!! At least I got to smile and coo at mine for a day :/ I still need to send her off to be repaired- it’s going to cost $100 but I just don’t have the ambition to.

Yes… it did suck about Nevada… but she’s all better now. πŸ˜€

I was only tempted to kill the boy for 24hrs… then I got over it… πŸ˜†

Good thing though… at least now he’s afraid to touch them! HA HA !!!

Who are you having fix her? how bad is it?

I might be able to… depending on who painted it and how bad it is…

Do you have pics of the damage?

DantheDragon
                      Participant

*wanders around her apartment adding*

Thankfully I think I’m still under the $2300 range. After Christmas, that could change though *cackles* 😈

Maria
                        Participant

I was wandering around the Spawn site and I saw McFarlane had done pretty neat military series. A lot of detail. I like those better than his dragons.

Goodness! I thought I spent a lot on Windstones! Nothing compared to a couple of you….my grand total is just under $5,000. Some I have sold, but I always buy more in their place. Now that I think about it, I should seriously consider the extra insurance clause just for my Windstones! 😯 Does anyone else have insurance for their Windstone collection? I know we discussed it on another thread and I have USAA, so maybe it’s something to look into.

nina789
                          Participant

lol.. well I hope I get a casting call for Deal or no deal (they are coming to canada for only 5 shows and I have a 1 in 100,000 shot. But I told my BF that if I can get on or him that if I get over 200,000 then I get to spend 10 G’s of that on windstones. the BF get’s to spend 10 G’s on computer stuff.. lol.. I am keeping my fingers crossed.. hehehehe then u can watch out ebay…

Maria
                            Participant

Good luck to you, Nina.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.