fbpx

I was so excited about my

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone I was so excited about my

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • Author

Riser coming in that I rushed in to grab her and show my DH, who commente on how nice she looked. I set the sitting one next to her and he asked what I paid for the new one. I said about 200, gee he says your gonna end up spending 10,000 on these things 😯 . And you know what it didnt even faize me πŸ˜‰ , I looked t him and said maybe. Then he shut up, LOL. πŸ˜€

Which brings up a question, have any of you ever thought about how much you have spent on them so far?

Skigod377
    Participant

WWWaaaaayyyyy too much. I spent $1000 just on two flap cats, and another grand on the black gold OW. Thats only 3 pieces and Im already up to $2000. I think I may actually add it all up this weekend.. anyone else game??

Bob

I just tried to add up what I remember paying originally for my Windstone dragons and remember now I only collect dragons except for one little peacock mouse wizard and it is roughly $10,000 *gasps and grabs for oxygen*

Anonymous

Hobbies and collectables always cost dearly.. it’s just money, as long as you aren’t starving or freezing, it’s all good right?

*looks over at the server pile*

.. it’s .. just .. money.. πŸ˜• not quite enough blinking lights yet. Must buy more.

Skigod377
          Participant

Snapdragon wrote:

Hobbies and collectables always cost dearly.. it’s just money, as long as you aren’t starving or freezing, it’s all good right?

*looks over at the server pile*

.. it’s .. just .. money.. πŸ˜• not quite enough blinking lights yet. Must buy more.

You poor soul. You should give up computers and collect Windstones. At least they wont be obsolete in 2 years πŸ˜› Well, actually, your pretty smart, hu? So you can just update your stuff, right?

Anonymous

Well.. you still have to upgrade but there’s usually something the old hardware can still be used for.

I want to collect Windstones, but the server budget doesn’t allow for it.

Skigod377
              Participant

I love your signature~

LOL I was just going to say what ski said, that is so funny.

ladybrooklyn
                Participant

Well… if I ever stopped and CALCULATED what I’ve actually spent on my model horse collection… I’d probably have a heart attack. I mean I’m getting into the “artist resin” models that are upwards of $200 for a BLANK body…

Then… if I calculated how much it’s vaguely worth… I ‘d have a coronary… cause painting those bodies up… ups their worth…

My friend and I were driving to a show last year… and she had to slam on the brakes. My arms went back to our tubs of horses to hold them back. As we continued we laughed, and she said “Imagine… just how much money is crammed into my back seat?” It was just a fraction of her and my collection… and it was easily $2500…. of course that was horses, tack (Custom made TINY saddles and such) etc… but still.

I haven’t invested that much in windstones as of now… but I could see it and my model horses easily competing… πŸ˜†

It’s all for the joy of adding a new face to the collection! πŸ˜€

Same here, I have a lot of expensive resins by Keeling but I must say, I am leaving the hobby. It is exhausting to spend so much on something that breaks so easily.

I got a Wadi’ah model from keeling, sent her to be prepped, sent her to Australia to be painted (spending $547 altogether) and she lasted less than 24 hours before falling off my (stationary) mantle and breaking into 7 pieces. I lost interest after that since she was my first to send to be painted and I went through SO MUCH EFFORT just to cry the day after receiving her for damage I can’t fix and will cost an arm and leg TO fix. Now I just want out of the hobby altogether.

Maria
                  Participant

So far I think I’ve spent – only – about $700 on Windstones, including PYOs and shipping. $700! Somebody pinch me. I know it’s not much compared to the rest of you, but a lot of this was in the last two months and I’m so hoping for that emerald Riser…, which’ll make about $1000…
                    Now I’m curious to see what the rest of you invested!

Not even going to go there…if I do I’ll either 1) have a heart attack or 2)come to my senses and stopped buying them and I really, really want the griffin family.

Maria
                    Participant

Come to your senses? Come on, not even I’m that far gone, and I’ve spent thousands less than you. I think Windstones addict for life.

ladybrooklyn
                      Participant

CherylKaufman wrote:

Same here, I have a lot of expensive resins by Keeling but I must say, I am leaving the hobby. It is exhausting to spend so much on something that breaks so easily.

I got a Wadi’ah model from keeling, sent her to be prepped, sent her to Australia to be painted (spending $547 altogether) and she lasted less than 24 hours before falling off my (stationary) mantle and breaking into 7 pieces. I lost interest after that since she was my first to send to be painted and I went through SO MUCH EFFORT just to cry the day after receiving her for damage I can’t fix and will cost an arm and leg TO fix. Now I just want out of the hobby altogether.

Wow… now that’s why I don’t go with Keeling’s stuff… nice… but I don’t like her stylized arabs anyway…

But I have a story for you… I have a Sarah Rose Nevada… ADORABLE little thing… and I had her painted by Deb Loveless…

Here’s my little dear…

http://www.firehorsestudio.com/dunnevada.html

It took Deb the better part of a year to get her back to me… when she finally arrived… I was in love.

The boyfriend walked in… “What did you get in the mail today?”

I was so excited I held her up for him to see… he held out his hands…

… and she JUMPED through our fingers to the floor.

I had her FIVE minutes and she fell breaking her ears and one of her legs… not that bad considering my tile floor… but still.

Honestly… most of my resins are broken… or I bought them that way. πŸ˜€ I kinda like that… saves me money… and I get better at repairing…

But I know how it can feel… It’s heart breaking when you hold a old favorite… or a new face… in pieces. πŸ™

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.