fbpx

HOLIDAY ORNAMENT SWAP 2011- SHIP BY DECEMBER 8TH!!

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps HOLIDAY ORNAMENT SWAP 2011- SHIP BY DECEMBER 8TH!!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    siberakh1
    Participant

Awww, no worries fairyhearted. I’m sure your swapee will be very understanding of the lateness and will appreciate what they receive just the same. *HUGS to you and your family*

Mine is out late as well, and my swapee should get their package either Saturday or Monday I think. I wasn’t happy with what I originally had and redid when I got back from MA (they feel more appropriate and I learned how to do them while on my training trip one evening, but didn’t have the materials!), plus I’ve just been busy and family has just kept piling more to do on (the brother just sits like a bump on a log *sigh*).

I received my lovely ornament from foxfeather yesterday! It’s inspired by the season and the winter solstice. Snow and little stars inside, with holly for good fortune and bells to ward off misfortune. There were some other candy cane ornaments added and some very yummy chocolate I’ve never tried before (Moritz Icy Squares – very creamy and tasty)! Thank you so much! :bigsmile:

My mom opted for a silver tree this year (yes, think 50s with the color wheel), but since I now work from home, I have a wee little tree on the corner of my desk and I’m putting all the small ornaments I have that are handmade from school or from forum members that I have there. πŸ™‚

I’ll update with a picture by Saturday. πŸ™‚

Megan
      Participant

***WARNING*** very picture heavy!!!!

I posted a few days ago that I recieved my package from scenceable!
        I didn’t open it until now because I felt badly that my partner has not recieved my ornament. I explained this to scenceable but she was literally stalking the forum and was bursting at the seams to see what my reaction to her gift was! I finally opened it this morning! I took a 1 min video too but I don’t think I can upload it here. I did put it on my FB page πŸ™‚
        Well, like I said, the wrapping alone was amazing!!!!!! The 3 smaller gifts were things in Canada unavailable in the states. 2 candy’s and Canadian tea!!! So far, I’ve only eaten one. It was called “aeros” by nestle.
        It was like an airatted choclate bar. Tasted like a crunch bar but with out the crunch. It was yummy! The other is chocolate sprees. I love sprees so I’ll let you know how the chocolate ones are. Thank you scenceable for the wonderful goodies!!!

The beautiful wrapping by scenceable!!!

She wrote in a side note that she did NOT have time to do an actual sculpture but she hopes I enjoy what she came up with anyway.
        I found this note inside the big present which was to be opened last!

can you tell I’m excited?

I cannot express how amazing my ornament from her is!!! I posted lots of pics though in hopes to capture how awesome it is!!! If you don’t already know, I have a horse and she knows this. He is a Friesian. The love of my life!!!

OK, on to the ornament!!!!!!!!

please excuse the mess…Thomas the train took over my floor!!

last one…this is what it looks like when hung. Again, excuse tje mess…my dining room table is a mess right now with all my sculpting supplies!

Thank you scenceable!!!! He is just beautiful! I never imaged getting anything this amazing for an ornament swap. I figured it would be totally awesome but this is above and beyond!!!!! Really….thank you thank you!!! He’s just amazing. I love him sooo much! I also love that I can keep him out all year too. He’s not just a tree ornament!!!
        The pics don’t do this guy any justice!!! He’s just amazing in person! Thank you again!! Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

Elena
        Participant

Awww, no worries fairyhearted. I’m sure your swapee will be very understanding of the lateness and will appreciate what they receive just the same. *HUGS to you and your family*

Mine is out late as well, and my swapee should get their package either Saturday or Monday I think. I wasn’t happy with what I originally had and redid when I got back from MA (they feel more appropriate and I learned how to do them while on my training trip one evening, but didn’t have the materials!), plus I’ve just been busy and family has just kept piling more to do on (the brother just sits like a bump on a log *sigh*).

I received my lovely ornament from foxfeather yesterday! It’s inspired by the season and the winter solstice. Snow and little stars inside, with holly for good fortune and bells to ward off misfortune. There were some other candy cane ornaments added and some very yummy chocolate I’ve never tried before (Moritz Icy Squares – very creamy and tasty)! Thank you so much! :bigsmile:

My mom opted for a silver tree this year (yes, think 50s with the color wheel), but since I now work from home, I have a wee little tree on the corner of my desk and I’m putting all the small ornaments I have that are handmade from school or from forum members that I have there. πŸ™‚

I’ll update with a picture by Saturday. πŸ™‚

Yay!!! :bigsmile:
          I’m glad you like it! :bigsmile:

Kiya
          Participant

I haven’t gotten mine yet. πŸ™‚ I’m sure excited for it to come though!

Also, I’m sorry I didn’t realize most people were sending gifts as well as the ornament. I’ll do better next year!!

Misty
            Participant

Also, I’m sorry I didn’t realize most people were sending gifts as well as the ornament. I’ll do better next year!!

Ditto! On all points >.<

Leigha
              Participant

Ditto! On all points >.<

But you did send a gift with yours! Yummy chocolate and an awesome smelly pomegranate potpourri pack.

Which reminds me, that chocolate you sent was gooooooood, where do I buy it?

Misty
                Participant

I would have sent more though… >.<
                  Got the candies at costco, belgian chocolates yum! My mom swiped most of them or you would have gotten more than a handful (they are her all time favorite).

Skeeterdeee
                  Participant

Ditto! On all points >.<

(mine weren’t even wrapped or put in a nice giftbox :()
                    I have heard from both of your senders, so don’t worry I know they’ll be there. πŸ™‚ I think the deadline was kind of tough this year for a lot of us. I know I struggled with it and my package was several days late going out.

When does everyone think we should start next year? Do you think that the last week of October is too early for sign-ups? That would give us the whole month of November to work on our projects. What are your suggestions on the time frame?

Kiya
                    Participant

From my perspective – starting earlier wouldn’t help. I’d just keep thinking “oh, I have LOADS of time” and putting it off… and be in the same boat as this year!

I forgot some of the ornaments are coming from Canada and might be slower. Heh.

I keep running to my mailbox every day… πŸ˜€

scenceable
                      Participant

I was kind of upset/ sad to read some of the comments here, honestly I really didn’t want to make anyone feel bad by sending extra gifts! I realize it wasn’t a requirement at all, however I had been doing shopping for several other swaps and was putting together packages all last week and had extra things to send along too. I like wrapping things and again was doing that for other packages so did with this too. I asked beforehand whether we should wrap or send extras and the answer I got suggested to me that while it wasn’t required or expected we could if we want. The ornaments posted so far have all been gorgeous and it sounds like all the recipients have liked what they received and that’s what counts! I included a few extras to be just that- “extras”!

Megan, I know we were talking on facebook earlier but again, so happy you like him and thank you for posting all the photos, they’re so cute! I can’t help notice in one of the photos I can see a horse bum, is that the portrait model you’re working on?

I’m going back home on sunday but will come back to my apartment next week to check the mail and do a few other things. Hopefully I will have my ornament then and will post photos! πŸ˜€ Customs is probably super slow right now with all the christmas mail. πŸ˜›

Can’t wait to see what everyone else gets! :3

Misty
                        Participant

Don’t be sad scence! I like the idea, this is first ornament swap I have done so I just wasn’t sure what would be ok to throw in lol. And that little horse ornament was WOWsers btw.

I dont mind waiting. Circumstances can often bite us in the rear after all. I won’t worry until my birthday rolls around in January πŸ˜‰

Megan
                          Participant

Megan, I know we were talking on facebook earlier but again, so happy you like him and thank you for posting all the photos, they’re so cute! I can’t help notice in one of the photos I can see a horse bum, is that the portrait model you’re working on?

I’m going back home on sunday but will come back to my apartment next week to check the mail and do a few other things. Hopefully I will have my ornament then and will post photos! πŸ˜€ Customs is probably super slow right now with all the christmas mail. πŸ˜›

Can’t wait to see what everyone else gets! :3

Ditto for seeing more ornaments! I too think that the ones posted have been wonderful!!! I’d love to see the husky ornaments too! Please post pics !!!

Scenceable…yes, yes…totally adore him! I’ve named him too! Since he was just going by Spanish walk, and he is my second amazing sculpture from you, I thought “Dos” was fitting….Spanish for 2…hehe πŸ™‚
                            Oh, yes, you are correct!!! The horsey butt in one of the pics is the portrait sculpt…or it is supposed to be!
                            Not real thrilled with him so far. The horse I’m sculpting from is an older guy who is overweight and has a dropped belly so sculpting him is difficult. Can’t tell if my sculpt is on track or is way too lumpy! Oh well, back to work…sigh…

Elena
                            Participant

The ornaments that have been posted so far are fantastic!

I’m very much looking forward to mine and hopefully check the mailbox every morning even though I *know* that if it’s coming from the States it will be mid weekish at the earliest before it gets here :p

For those who didn’t do extra goodies or fancy wrappings, don’t fret about it! I know for me the fact that I’m getting a handmade ornament and the thought and effort that goes into them is the big prize :bigsmile:

For next year maybe drawing the names the first week of November? That gives us a few weeks to get our stuff done in the ‘down time’ between Halloween and Christmas craziness πŸ™‚

Elena
                              Participant

Double Post :Sp

wolflodge100
                                Participant

I got mine fron Leigha today! A clear ball with siver wire and beads wrapped around inside and the old style christmas light bulbs that screw in also wrapped in silver wire. The perfect size for my little tree! Thank you so much. If you have pics, please feel free to post them for me. She also sent some hot cocoa mix and chocolate espresso beans!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 93 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.