HOLIDAY ORNAMENT SWAP 2011- SHIP BY DECEMBER 8TH!!

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps HOLIDAY ORNAMENT SWAP 2011- SHIP BY DECEMBER 8TH!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Skeeterdeee
    Participant

I completely forgot to get this started this year!

For those who weren’t around last year we had a little handmade ornament swap for the holidays. Everyone one who signed up recieved the name of another participant and made a special holiday ornament for them. The idea is to use whatever art and craft supplies you have on hand and make an ornament and recieve an ornament that someone else made especially for you! Last year we had an amazing variety of different mediums used: embellished applique ornaments, hand painted balls, beaded glass ornaments, hand crafted dragons, just to name a few! To see some of the photos from last year go to this thread:
      http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/holiday-ornament-swap-please-mail-december-8th-0?page=1

**I’ll keep the sign-ups open until Nov. 19th. Sunday November 20th I’ll shuffle names and send you your recipients name and likes. We only have about THREE WEEKS to get our ornaments completed and they should be put in the mail DECEMBER 8TH so that they can arrive in time for the holidays.**

To sign up PM me your:
      NAME:
      ADDRESS:
      WHAT HOLIDAY YOU CELEBRATE:
      A FEW WORDS TO DESCRIBE WHAT YOU LIKE TO INSPIRE YOUR CRAFTER(do you decorate in a certain color? Do you have a favorite animal/mythical creature that you like to put on a tree? ETC.ETC.ETC.)
      ARE YOU INTERESTED IN SHIPPING INTERNATIONALLY OR DOMESTICALLY? (Last year we had about an even number of participants from both the US and Canada. If you’re not able to ship internationally this year, just let me know and I’ll pick someone who is domestic to you).

Okay everyone, let’s have some fun!

Laurie
      Participant

Hmm, if size isn’t a problem and I can find one thing I need (it’s natural) I’ll join. let me look. πŸ˜‰

scenceable
        Participant

This looks like tons of fun! I missed the deadlines on a few other holiday swaps I usually enter so I’m super happy I could join this one πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum
          Participant

count me in!

tdm

Misty
            Participant

Ornaments you say? πŸ‘Ώ

Riversgrace
              Participant

I’m in, I can’t wait! πŸ™‚

siberakh1
                Participant

I’m in! *wiggles in anticipation*

Elena
                  Participant

:O It’s that time of year already?
                    I’m in! This was so much fun last year! :bigsmile:

Megan
                    Participant

This is a great idea! Count me in please! I love the opportunity to be creative! Can’t wait to get started πŸ˜€

fairyhearted
                      Participant

Pmed you. I’m very artsy so I’d love the opportunity to be creative and crafty. πŸ™‚

Skeeterdeee
                        Participant

We’ve got 10 participants so far!
                          If you signed up and didn’t get a PM back from me within a couple hours, PM me again to make sure I got it.
                          I’m excited to see what everyone comes up with this year!

etruscan
                          Participant

Just sent a PM to you. Glad I remembered in time!

Skeeterdeee
                            Participant

LAST CALL!! Tomorrow I shuffle the names!! We would love to have ya!!

Skeeterdeee
                              Participant

PMS have been sent!! LET ME KNOW if you didn’t receive a PM from me with your recipient’s info!!

scenceable
                                Participant

Okay, I have a few questions. This kind of applies to the general gift swap too. This is my first time doing a swap on this forum, prior to that it was only on the my little pony arena so I’m not sure exactly how they work.

1- Are we expected to wrap the presents? ALSO after we wrap them, are we supposed to (or can we) take a teaser photo before we ship and post them here?

2- For the ornament swap in particular, can we/ are we expected to send “extras”, such as candy, a card, or a few little stocking stuffers?

I think that’s it, thanks, I went shopping today and got started on my ornament, so much fun! πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 93 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.