fbpx

HOLIDAY ORNAMENT SWAP 2011- SHIP BY DECEMBER 8TH!!

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps HOLIDAY ORNAMENT SWAP 2011- SHIP BY DECEMBER 8TH!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Misty
    Participant

Shipped mine today…but it won’t go in the mail until tomorrow! That should be close enough to the 8th lol. I hope the mystery person likes their ornament >.<

Kiya
      Participant

Mine is done and boxed up – planning to mail it out tomorrow. I’m not sure how I feel about it. It’s not bad, but I’m not _nearly_ as talented as the folks who did them last year. I ordered the materials online and they weren’t quite what I thought/hoped, but I made do since we didn’t have a ton of time left.

I hope my swapee isn’t disappointed!

scenceable
        Participant

Mine is going out tomorrow. I’m nervous, I hope my partner likes it. I kind of wish I had done something crazier, but just didn’t have time! I can’t wait to see photos of these when they start coming in!

Elena
          Participant

Mines packed and ready to go! I’ll take it to the post office after class tomorrow.
            I hope my swappee likes it! ๐Ÿ˜€

Skeeterdeee
            Participant

Today’s the big day!!

Kiya
              Participant

Oh dang it – I forgot mine at home! *cries*

If I send it faster, can I be forgiven? ๐Ÿ™‚

Skeeterdeee
                Participant

Oh dang it – I forgot mine at home! *cries*

If I send it faster, can I be forgiven? ๐Ÿ™‚

You don’t need to send it faster, you’re already forgiven!

Megan
                  Participant

Ive bitten off more then I could chew! I started two projects that are to be Christmas gifts. One is a hand sown full length cape and the other is a 1:12 scale portrait model of my friends horse. I’ve taken up sculpting and really enjoy it but the first sculpture I ever made still isn’t done and now I’ve started a portrait model! Yeah, stupid, I know! I love the idea of the ornament swap so I figured it wouldn’t be that big a deal to to since it was small.
                    Wrong again! I should also mention that I’m a perfectionist when it comes to my own art work so half my problem is that I will get something 3/4 done, decide it’s not right and start over!
                    I’ve spent the last three weeks on this ornament but this last week I spent ALL my time on! Yesterday was the first night I slept in 8 days! I litterally worked around the clock stopping only for bathroom breaks and feeding my family.
                    I sat down yesterday “to take a break” and the next thing I remember is my daughter waking me because my phone rang. It was 8 AM!!! Needless to say, mine didnt make it to the PO today and I feel awful about it but the good news is that I did get a lot done today and it will be completely done and in the mail by saterday!
                    I too am hoping my recipient likes it. Its not what I had visioned it would be but I think it’ll still be nice. Im sure I’ll adore what ever comes for me! I love tree ornaments so any new ornament will be cherished, especially one made with me in mind! Thank you to who ever put there time and energy into making me something for the holidays!!! I can’t wait to see what everyone has gotten!!! Are we allowed to say who made our ornament when we post the pictures?

siberakh1
                    Participant

I’m in MA at the moment and my ornament is in NY. Mine will be going out on Monday morning!

Skeeterdeee
                      Participant

Are we allowed to say who made our ornament when we post the pictures?

Absolutely! And I totally understand, I made an ornament and was very dissatisfied with it so I started a more difficult pattern. Instead of scrapping the first ornament, I thought I would add it to the package and let the recipient scrap it if she doesn’t like it either (or re-gift it to a co-worker or something, LOL). Instead of throwing it to the bottom of my craft drawer, maybe she will like it?

I’m kinda worried, there are still a couple people I haven’t heard from…..

etruscan
                        Participant

Are we allowed to say who made our ornament when we post the pictures?

Absolutely! And I totally understand, I made an ornament and was very dissatisfied with it so I started a more difficult pattern. Instead of scrapping the first ornament, I thought I would add it to the package and let the recipient scrap it if she doesn’t like it either (or re-gift it to a co-worker or something, LOL). Instead of throwing it to the bottom of my craft drawer, maybe she will like it?

Glad to know I’m not the only one who changed designs at the last minute! Didn’t get it in the mail today – hoping for tomorrow …

scenceable
                          Participant

Maybe message them? People may have just forgotten to pop in, especially if lots of Christmas parcels had to be sent out. I know I’ve been to the post office like 4 times this week! ๐Ÿ™‚

Mine has been shipped, the postal guy said it’d for sure be there before Christmas. Woohoo!

I want to see lots of pictures! ๐Ÿ˜€

Riversgrace
                            Participant

The ones I made are in the mail, due to be delivered on the 12th…I hope my person likes them!!!!

wolflodge100
                              Participant

I ran into a small glitch but mine will go out on monday!

Kiya
                                Participant

I mailed my Saturday to the other side of the US and they are arriving today! *boggle*

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 93 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.