fbpx

GB Cougar

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody GB Cougar

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 173 total)
  • Author
    Landipan
    Participant

What I would absolutely love to see is a Paint-Your-Own cougar! I am an artist, now that I have retired from “real” work, and I have LOTS of ideas for some big cats. :glasses:

Of course, I’d like to see Paint-Your-Own Poads as well, and some of the smooth cats. I simply cannot afford most of the pieces I’d like, since retirement meant a 50% cut in income. ๐Ÿ™

I also do not like the grab-bag idea ’cause, one, they cost more (I really don’t get the reason for that) and two, I want to pick one out on my own, thank you very much! :~

The reason GBs cost more is because, for the most part anyway, you are getting a OOAK for far cheaper than any eBay OOAK.

*Formerly meowmix101
      Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Aggie83
      Participant

What I would absolutely love to see is a Paint-Your-Own cougar! I am an artist, now that I have retired from “real” work, and I have LOTS of ideas for some big cats. :glasses:

Of course, I’d like to see Paint-Your-Own Poads as well, and some of the smooth cats. I simply cannot afford most of the pieces I’d like, since retirement meant a 50% cut in income. ๐Ÿ™

I also do not like the grab-bag idea ’cause, one, they cost more (I really don’t get the reason for that) and two, I want to pick one out on my own, thank you very much! :~

If you are talking about a PYO of the current cougar sculpt, Windstone does not do that. PYO’s are never production pieces. If you mean a different cougar sculpt, put in a squeak to Melody. There is a dedicated thread to that and Melody is wonderfully receptive to the suggestions of collectors.
        As to the grab bags, as MeowMix pointed out, they are virtually all little OOAK’s that require Melody to give each one their own special attention. It is her right as an artist to determine what the time and effort she has spent on them requires her to price them at and obviously, there are enough people who appreciate those aspects of the grab bags – as well as the “surprise” factor – to consider them well worth the price.

rock-reader
        Participant

And let’s not forget that production pieces, while not OOAK, are reasonably priced and beautiful! Most of my collection is second hand production pieces and I love them dearly. I spend hours just looking at them ๐Ÿ™‚

Aggie83
          Participant

Ummmmmm, is it obnoxiously early to be asking for a potential time frame for the grab bag cougars? (and another sneak peek would never be turned down ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

Melody
            Keymaster

They cost more than production pieces because I sign and hand paint them individually. They usually take close to the same amount of work as the ebay pieces (not always) but they are cheaper.
              For awhile I was painting a batch of individually painted pieces and having them offered in the “special items” category in our shop. These were painted like a grab bag batch, but you could see them first.
              The grab bag editions are just a different way to do things. It’s fun if you like to interact with other forum members, and enjoy swapping gb pieces around.

Melody
              Keymaster

Ummmmmm, is it obnoxiously early to be asking for a potential time frame for the grab bag cougars? (and another sneak peek would never be turned down ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

I am painting gb cougars slowly because I am trying hard to finish the pyo oriental dragon.I carve on that until my fingers hurt, then I switch to cougars. Unless it is too phlicking hot out there in the paint area.

Melody
                Keymaster

If you are talking about a PYO of the current cougar sculpt, Windstone does not do that. PYO’s are never production pieces. If you mean a different cougar sculpt, put in a squeak to Melody. There is a dedicated thread to that and Melody is wonderfully receptive to the suggestions of collectors.
                  As to the grab bags, as MeowMix pointed out, they are virtually all little OOAK’s that require Melody to give each one their own special attention. It is her right as an artist to determine what the time and effort she has spent on them requires her to price them at and obviously, there are enough people who appreciate those aspects of the grab bags – as well as the “surprise” factor – to consider them well worth the price.

Smooth pyos are a great idea! All those dang scales and feathers… yeech…takes forever!
                  Of course there are tons of smooth paint-your-own figurines out there in the world already, in ceramic shops, and hordes of plastic models.
                  The details are one thing that makes ours special.

Danzig Moon (Karen)
                  Participant

Melody will these be getting separated into different groups like the last GB’s?? :~

*** Always looking for Brindles..*** AWD Pieces **** Lavender Coiled Mother with Globe**** if you have one you would like to sell or trade please contact me ?

Kim
                    Blocked

I am excited for the cougars but happy to hear they will take a little while because I need to get more money in at the end of this month before I can buy anything else. So I hope they come out after Sept. 1 so we can all let our monies recover a bit from the tanukis. I also would love to see paint your own poads or paint your own pegasus!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Ela_Hara
                      Participant

I am painting gb cougars slowly because I am trying hard to finish the pyo oriental dragon.I carve on that until my fingers hurt, then I switch to cougars. Unless it is too phlicking hot out there in the paint area.

I wouldn’t mind a little time for cash build up either, and YES! The PYO oriential! It’s great that you’re able to work him into your busy GB schedule, even if it’s a bit at a time. I’m sure all those scales are tedious! ๐Ÿ˜€

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Kelsey
                        Participant

PYO Oriental Dragon!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Landipan
                          Participant

Does anyone have a pic of the PYO Dragon, I know it’s around here somewhere but don’t know where to look lol.

*Formerly meowmix101
                            Not currently open for PYO commissions.

etruscan
                            Participant

There’s an old WIP photo of the PYO Oriental on Melody’s Blog:

Fro the whole post and comments: http://windstoneeditions.com/blog/oriental-dragon-pyo

Just the photo:

Melody
                              Keymaster

Melody will these be getting separated into different groups like the last GB’s?? :~

I am not planning on it, but I never know what is going to happen.

Danzig Moon (Karen)
                                Participant

I am not planning on it, but I never know what is going to happen.

AWESOME!! Thank you!! :bigsmile:

*** Always looking for Brindles..*** AWD Pieces **** Lavender Coiled Mother with Globe**** if you have one you would like to sell or trade please contact me ?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 173 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.