GB Cougar

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody GB Cougar

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 173 total)
  • Author
    Bullsquid
    Participant

im really worried about the price. i feel like the pebbels keep getting bigger and so does the cost lol.

It wouldn’t surprise me if these end being priced in the neighbouhood of $250-300, given that the fancy tanukis are a smaller sculpt and cost $200. I wonder how many people’s finances will have recovered enough after the tanukis to get a GB cougar.

Then again, the last batch of GB young unicorns cost $360, and those still sold out no problem (albeit with some grumbling). No doubt about it, the larger the sculpt and more complex paint job, the further out of reach these get for some collectors, but not for the ones with deep pockets.

Aggie83
      Participant

@ Bullsquid – agreed. I just can’t get over the face of this one. Absolutely stunning.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

chibishiro12
        Participant

im really worried about the price. i feel like the pebbels keep getting bigger and so does the cost lol.

It wouldn’t surprise me if these end being priced in the neighbouhood of $250-300, given that the fancy tanukis are a smaller sculpt and cost $200. I wonder how many people’s finances will have recovered enough after the tanukis to get a GB cougar.

I hope not, my finances sure won’t have recovered. 😛
          But Melody said that these won’t have fancy hand painted designs on the back like the tanukis so maybe they won’t go quite that high.

Looking for-
          red fire young dragon
          old animal line frog, wolf, barn owl, tortoise, tiger cub

Melody
          Keymaster

I really hope there are plenty of dark chocolate cougars in the grab bag batch with subtle stripes/spots, or that are half and half like these two Ebay cougars. I think they’re absolute gorgeous.

Burned hot pocket cougars?

Kim
            Blocked

I hope the cougars aren’t over $200 or I won’t be getting one. I thought the tanukis wouldn’t be over $150 considering I thought they would be priced along the same lines as the grab bag kirins, wolves, baby unicorns and young poads which were all in the $100-$150 range. Some of the cougars on ebay sold for around $250 so I think the grab bag ones should be priced less, $200 at the most, especially if they have simpler patterns than the fancy tanukis. If they are done with stencils instead of by hand then they shouldn’t be as hard to paint or take as long.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Landipan
              Participant

I think that I’ll be skipping this Cougar GB, even if they are gorgeous, I’d rather wait for the sitting Foxes or natural Tanukis to come out. $200 or over(Which I strongly suspect these beauties to be priced around.) is too much for me at this time.

*Formerly meowmix101
                Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Angelika_Zen
                Participant

I hope the cougars aren’t over $200 or I won’t be getting one. I thought the tanukis wouldn’t be over $150 considering I thought they would be priced along the same lines as the grab bag kirins, wolves, baby unicorns and young poads which were all in the $100-$150 range. Some of the cougars on ebay sold for around $250 so I think the grab bag ones should be priced less, $200 at the most, especially if they have simpler patterns than the fancy tanukis. If they are done with stencils instead of by hand then they shouldn’t be as hard to paint or take as long.

We can certainly dream, can’t we! I think, given the size of the cougars (larger than the Tanuki) and the fact that the fancy Tanukis were $200 (stencil or no stencil), I think it’s safe to say the cougars will exceed the $200 mark… Patterns and designs have become more intricate, and take more time = more money.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

MandBsMom
                  Participant

I think they will be $200+ also. The regular run ones are $125. Even the black Cougars. So it would stand to reason that they will easily be over the $200 mark.

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Scathach
                    Participant

To clarify
                      what is going to be in the grab bag cougar batch:

These won’t have decorations hand painted on them.

I am not going to exactly duplicate any of the ones that have sold on ebay, so that they stay special. There will be leopards of various types in this grab bag batch, but their complicated little spots will be put on with a stencil, not hand airbrushed. Only the ebay leopards were hand airbrushed.

There will be other airbrushed cat markings, like ocelot, tiger, clouded leopard, serval and bengal cats etc. since their spots/stripes are larger and easier to do!

This batch will probably be a mix of natural, safari and supernatural.

Natural is real-ish animal markings.
                      Safari is blended real animal markings
                      Supernatural is natural patterns with fantasy colors.

I made up these categories.

LOL! I love this. ^^^^ Thanks, Melody!

PS – where do “Candycorns” fit?

Life is beautiful.

Ann
                      Participant

I agree with you Bullsquid. I think the gb Cougars will be $250-300, probably around $275. The GBs are pricier now than in the beginning, which is fair. Plus I think the cougar is a really popular sculpt.

Scathach
                        Participant

We can certainly dream, can’t we! I think, given the size of the cougars (larger than the Tanuki) and the fact that the fancy Tanukis were $200 (stencil or no stencil), I think it’s safe to say the cougars will exceed the $200 mark… Patterns and designs have become more intricate, and take more time = more money.

You’re right, Angelika Zen. The Cougars are bigger than Tanukis in the first place. More detail on a bigger sculpt = more time and paint = more expensive. That’s the same in anything in life.

Also, I think the average price of eBay Cougars was around $500. From what I remember, only one GB test paint was 255 and one red leopard was 260.

We all know that Windstone determines the price before the items go onto the store and its based on the time and materials. I’m sure the price will be fair when the Cougars come out.

Life is beautiful.

Bullsquid
                          Participant

I really hope there are plenty of dark chocolate cougars in the grab bag batch with subtle stripes/spots, or that are half and half like these two Ebay cougars. I think they’re absolute gorgeous.

Burned hot pocket cougars?

Ha! Yes, I love the burned hot pocket cougars lol. 😀 Particularly that half-burned tiger cougar; if it wasn’t for the flower garland, I would have been all over that one.

rachelled
                            Participant

You’re right, Angelika Zen. The Cougars are bigger than Tanukis in the first place. More detail on a bigger sculpt = more time and paint = more expensive. That’s the same in anything in life.

Also, I think the average price of eBay Cougars was around $500. From what I remember, only one GB test paint was 255 and one red leopard was 260.

We all know that Windstone determines the price before the items go onto the store and its based on the time and materials. I’m sure the price will be fair when the Cougars come out.

I think it also depends on how compilcated they are… there was a pretty big price gap in the Tanukis, and I think Melody did say the cougars won’t be quite so fancy/detailed as the eBay ones??

Mercury Star
                              Participant

I would love to get one, regardless of the price. I usually have enough money for the grab bags, I set “fun” money aside for them. And if I miss out because they are sold out by the time I get home from work, than that is more for the next time I spend money on Windstones. Though I really hope I don’t miss out on the cougars!

Though I am sort of in a similar boat as phoenixxfoxx, for there is sometime in September that I am going to be in California (for my grandma’s 80th birthday), and access to a usable computer or internet is going to be a royal pain to find!

Sherry
                                Participant

What I would absolutely love to see is a Paint-Your-Own cougar! I am an artist, now that I have retired from “real” work, and I have LOTS of ideas for some big cats. :glasses:

Of course, I’d like to see Paint-Your-Own Poads as well, and some of the smooth cats. I simply cannot afford most of the pieces I’d like, since retirement meant a 50% cut in income. 🙁

I also do not like the grab-bag idea ’cause, one, they cost more (I really don’t get the reason for that) and two, I want to pick one out on my own, thank you very much! :~

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 173 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.