Forum/Website troubles

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Forum/Website troubles

Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Jasmine
    Participant

Yup, all good. 🙂

Anonymous

I am looking into how we can improve/stabilize the problems that occurred with the store this week. This will most likely mean the store will be “closed” for certain periods of time. These times will be coordinated with Susie and will be posted in the store forum when they occur. You may see the very odd SQL error appear from time to time this week as I make tweaks. The odd error should be ignored, however, if you are able to duplicate an error several times over time, please post it here.

Tweaks require a restart of the database server so there are periods of 5-6 seconds where it “goes away” so if you do receive an error, simply lift your hands from the keyboard, inhale, exhale, and then refresh. Resist the urge to treat the F5 key like your ex-husband’s face.

:nea:

Anonymous

Windstone now lives on a brand new server. Literally… brand new. It was the first site on it. So there are bound to be problems and things that I have to tweak.

So, post here if you spot any problems. Please avoid extra conversation and “ME TOO ME TOO”, just one report for each problem and leave it at that. It’s hard to wade through long conversations looking for just the issues.

Anonymous

If you’re using FIrefox and some of the icons are disappearing, do a full refresh by hitting CTRL-SHIFT-R

Just F5 won’t cut it.

kitsunelady
            Participant

O Snap, I tried Ctrl+Shift+R, but still cannot see most avatars (including my own)? Using Firefox 3.0.14.

LadyFirebird
              Participant

What I’m finding that once I post something–avatars disappear–all but yours. But if I get out of the thread and go back in–the avatars are there. Not sure what I have–how can you find out?

Anonymous

Avatars should be OK now, you might have to do the hard refresh to see them.

darjeb
                  Participant

Anybody else getting this message if you try to access the store?

There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website’s address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
                    We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
                    Click here to close this webpage.
                    Continue to this website (not recommended).
                    More information

If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting.
                    When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the ‘www’ to the address, https://www.example.com.
                    If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private information into the website.

For more information, see “Certificate Errors” in Internet Explorer Help.

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

darjeb wrote:

Anybody else getting this message if you try to access the store?

[b]There is a problem with this website’s security certificate, etc.

Yes, I am getting it too. I sent an e-mail to Susie about it.

Anonymous

Thanks Pegasi, but sometimes you can put things eight feet high and flashing and they would go unnoticed. Anyways, I got what I needed from John and it’s all good now.

Anonymous

This thread has been replaced by this one

Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.