fbpx

Do you collect anything besides Windstones?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Do you collect anything besides Windstones?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

WindstoneCollector, well I sure wish I had known this before shipping off crystals to you LOL I LOVE SHELLS – it must be something about living in the middle of the country that makes us want to bring the oceans home. I go to Florida often, and my yard is filling up with seashells. I was amazed during a visit somewhere in Alabama to find they used crushed shells in the driveways, it was BEAUTIFUL! I once found lots of sand dollars on the gulf side, and well need I say we endured the stench bringing them home πŸ™ You display your sand/shell collection in a great way – I also bring home sand usually in water bottles I find on the beach but I like how you keep yours MUCH better!! You have a wonderful collection! πŸ™‚

Ok, I collect Balls. I love crystal balls of all sorts, but my favorite are the smelt balls. Here are a couple on that are on their way from China.

And the 2 I already have, also from China.

Also, I have a thing for shells…

My newest starfish aren’t in the pics though, or my Mushroom coral.
      I have alot more balls, but I am in the midst of rearranging everything to get them out of the Windstone room. LOL Once I get them all moved, I will photo them again. πŸ˜€ (And add pics of the starfish)

Jasmine
      Participant

Very cool!!

lamortefille
        Participant

Lovely stuff, ladies!

Poems, your vases caught my eye right away! I collect vintage carnival, slag, amberina, opalescent, Blenko desert green, Fenton mulberry and any modern stuff that catches my eye. I haven’t added many pieces recently. I’m out of room. πŸ™

Since clumsiness is my fatal flaw, I collect scars. Does that count? πŸ˜‰

No, seriously… my husband and I collect swords and daggers of all kinds. I will get some pictures a bit later today, but we have a TON so it might take awhile.

bayoudragon
          Participant

hmmm…. swords and clumsiness doesn’t sound good together. LOL πŸ˜†

You’re right. It’s not… LOL. I have scars to prove it.

keschete
            Participant

Dust! Very good answer there! I think we all have some of that!
              Anne McCaffery books, I have all of her books, but many 1st ed hard backs and a few signed… πŸ˜†
              I love Melody’s dragons because they look like Anne describes her dragons.
              I also like watches! SOme of those are my husband’s…

Ok, so I wanted to share a collection that was easy to photo. Here are my balls (Go ahead…Make jokes. LOL) I have 3 more on the way. The 2nd red one got here already, and I am still waiting on the Blue one. *snickers herself* I also have a yellow smelt ball, and a half blackish-purple and white smelt one on the way besides the blue one, but I have about a month and a half to wait for both of those. πŸ™„ I can’t say much, I chose the sea shipping from China for them. But…The reason for that is that they charge us say $23 in shipping when it might really cost them $2.30 in actual American monies. (I figured it out when I searched the currency exchange rate. It kinda sucks, but the balls are usually worth the total cost as far as I am concerned. πŸ˜‰ )
              No, I do not practice Wicca, although the thought has crossed my mind more than once I must say. 😳

Without flash.

With flash.

The ball in the back with the big bubble in the center is really cool! I got it off ebay from a super sweet seller for around $35, and it is about 5.5 inches in diameter. Whatever it stands in front of, is magically shown in the center, and if you look down through it, you can put an image under it and it shows up in the middle. I am really glad I got it. πŸ˜€
              (If you can’t tell, I also have a thing for marble and other stone balls. LOL)

Adaneth
              Participant

Those are really neat! πŸ™‚ I’ve tried to squelch my ball-collecting urge, so I only have 5 mostly small ones, and 1 egg.

That tall fancy stand in the back is really gorgeous, and I like how you’ve got one on a pillow, too!

Adaneth wrote:

Those are really neat! πŸ™‚ I’ve tried to squelch my ball-collecting urge, so I only have 5 mostly small ones, and 1 egg.

That tall fancy stand in the back is really gorgeous, and I like how you’ve got one on a pillow, too!
                I paid $5 for that tall stand at Hobby Lobby!!! I love it! It’s supposed to go outside I think with a gazing ball on it. LOL!
                Sea shells and balls are my most prominent non-Windstone, non-movie/book collections. I do have some really neat antiques around here, and in storage.
                The biggest balls I have are 5.5 to 6 inches…There is one on ebay that is 29lbs that I LOVE, but it’s $250. I can’t justify that amount for anything other than Windstones that isn’t an antique… 😳
                I also noticed recently that Smelt quartz comes in a few different colors, and those are one of my favorites to collect in the spheres and balls. I knew they came in the cherry, but not yellow, blue, green, black, purple, and brown…The smallest one, that appears to have fire in it is a smelt ball, and the only one I have seen like it! Though, it must be an art practiced only in China, as I have yet to find a seller from the US who sells them. πŸ˜• But, I have found a couple really nice sellers from over there, that I would gladly keep buying from! πŸ˜€

I’d love to see a pic of your spheres and egg!

Adaneth
                Participant

What a deal! πŸ˜€

I tend to be leery of buying from China, but they do have some gorgeous Fluorite spheres. My problem, (one of them 😈 ) is that the sphere I REALLY want is a gorgeous big malachite one like this, but cost over $400. Like you, I have an issue spending that sort of money on something that isn’t a Windstone! 😳

I’m going to have to check out this Smelt quartz someday…though it might be bad for my pocketbook! πŸ˜†

I’ll try to get up a photo of my humble group sometime soon. Right now my pc is in the middle of a 3d render that might take 4-5 days (2.5 so far) so I don’t want to give it an excuse to crash by messing with any other image software at the same time! πŸ˜†

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

I love how you have the shells displayed in jars with sand in them, WindstoneCollector. Very nice!

Adaneth wrote:

What a deal! πŸ˜€

I tend to be leery of buying from China, but they do have some gorgeous Fluorite spheres. My problem, (one of them 😈 ) is that the sphere I REALLY want is a gorgeous big malachite one like this, but cost over $400. Like you, I have an issue spending that sort of money on something that isn’t a Windstone! 😳

I’m going to have to check out this Smelt quartz someday…though it might be bad for my pocketbook! πŸ˜†

I’ll try to get up a photo of my humble group sometime soon. Right now my pc is in the middle of a 3d render that might take 4-5 days (2.5 so far) so I don’t want to give it an excuse to crash by messing with any other image software at the same time! πŸ˜†
                    Thanks! πŸ˜€ (And I don’t blame you for not wanting to crash that program messing with another imaging program!)
                    I think it’s the 6 week wait that scares many off, and I haven’t gone over $70 on any of the balls so far. Plus most of them are really nice people, who will work with you over it. The ones I deal with will even refund your ebay until you ball arrives if you gripe enough, and then ask you to resend the payment when the ball arrives. But, I have yet to be disappointed by them. πŸ™‚

pegasi1978 wrote:

I love how you have the shells displayed in jars with sand in them, WindstoneCollector. Very nice!

Thank You! I love shells…OH! Hey…I could turn on the hall light and snap a shot of my starfish net… 😈
                    Each time someone sends me shells, or I get them myself at any given beach, I put them into the jars and mark them with a date and what beach they are from. I got the idea when I saw the huge gallon salsa jars at the last place I worked. It got all the sandbags and shells organized for sure! I wish I knew someone who lives next door to a glass beach, I’d love to get some sea glass and sand from one of them! I don’t even know where to look to start with. πŸ˜•

Here is my “Star net”…The largest star in there is 13 inches from tip to tip for a size reference. There is also an Abalone, a Mushroom coral (I LOVE THESE!!!), a small tube sponge, an Alabaster Murex shell, spider conch, and a large sand dollar in the net.
                    Net= $5 at Hobby Lobby…I had a larger green net, but have since misplaced it somewhere. πŸ™„

And this one shows one of my swag lamps…Another collection I have picked up is old lamps…The uglier the better. Once bought one that the antique shop owner told me adamantly, and I think sorta jokingly, but not, “You know all sales are final, and you can’t bring that ugly F’ing lamp back here right?” I think he was 150 years old, and he was speaking through a haze of smoke that hung around him like dirt around Pig Pen. πŸ˜† I looked him dead in the eye, and said, “Sir if there were a pair, I’d buy them both and you’d never see them again!” He laughed, then said there was another downstairs…But after we searched around, his wife told him she had sold it a week prior. I was sad, but I got one of them! :yes:

However the swag lamp in these pics, is not that lamp. This one another antique shop owner had laying dusty and miserable in the corner of a shed…He had a $25 dollar sign on it. I got it for $10, because he said it didn’t work. I came home, plugged it in, and it worked just fine! Even the bulb was good! πŸ˜›

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 78 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.