Do you collect anything besides Windstones?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Do you collect anything besides Windstones?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    lamortefille
    Participant

If so, tell us about your other collections…

lamortefille
      Participant

I kinda focus on the Windstones, because I don’t have the money to put to more then one collection.. 😳

But I do collect blades and daggers. And at one time I collected rocks, but I lost them. And I had rocks from everywhere too. Stuff from the mountains (shh don’t tell anyone, lol), stuff from Germany… haha. And I lost all of them πŸ™„ They’re probably at my home in Valleyview actually.

Blades and daggers? Well, I have a nice fascination with sharp shiny objects. I think my favorite one is one that my fiancee got me for Christmas one year – it’s kinda oriental in design, obviously completely ornamental. Has two daggers on the ends with dragons on the end. And I lost my camera cord so I can’t take a picture of it, lol.

bayoudragon
        Participant

I love decorative knives, too… but I’m such a klutz, I would hurt myself. No sharp pointy things for me! πŸ˜†

Besides Windstones… I also collect gemstones and crystals. It started with the pretty polished ones, and now I’m getting into clusters and specimens. my poor bank account I also have rocks from the mountain tops, but it’s not my fault!! My mom gave them to me. I have one from Pike’s Peak and one from the Great Continental Divide.

My rock collection also includes fossils. I have an ammonite, trilobites, a belemnite, orthoceras, shark’s tooth, and a piece of dino bone (with marrow).

And no fossil collection is complete without coprolites (yes, dino doo doo)! Makes a great paperweight. 😈

Maria
          Participant

Got any pictures of your rock collection, bayou?

bayoudragon
            Participant

I have a few, but I don’t have an image hosting site… 😳

Pegasi1978
              Participant

bayoudragon wrote:

I have a few, but I don’t have an image hosting site… 😳

There are lots of good free ones out there.

Find Image Host lists 116 free image hosting site options.

bayoudragon
                Participant

OK, let’s see if I can get this to work…

a whole mess of polished and rough stones

fossils (the red flash on the ammonite doesn’t show up well)

labradorite pieces

iridescent pyrite sun… This baby is stunning in the sunlight. I wouldn’t even a trade it for a specially painted SK! πŸ˜›

quartz with phantoms, enhydro quartz, and black kyanite fan

I also have aura crystal points, an amethyst encrusted stalactite cross-section, and a quartz cluster with tantric twins that rate high on my favorites of shinies! πŸ˜€

lamortefille
                  Participant

Lots of pretties, bodine! I love the pyrite sun, too.

Maria
                    Participant

Oh wow! Thank you for sharing the pics, bayou – great collection! I love the pyrite and the fossils.

bayoudragon
                      Participant

Dragon,

You need to get a new camera… I’m dying to see a pic of that blade! πŸ™‚

bayoudragon wrote:

Dragon,

You need to get a new camera… I’m dying to see a pic of that blade! πŸ™‚

It’s not that I need a new camera, it’s that I need to find the cord that connects it to the computer. I can’t use the card, because my computer isn’t compatible with the Olympus xD cards, and I’m too cheap to buy an adapter. I did look on my computer for pics though and nuttin. πŸ˜• Soon, I promise. That cord has got to be somewhere….

My other passions, although I have not done as much with them lately, are sports cards (I am just a wee bit obsessed with Joe Montana! πŸ˜‰ ), and Broadway shows, with the memorabialia thereof. I have not been to NYC ever, but we do get “Best of Broadway” shows here every season, I loved “The Lion King” (It’s coming back this Fall), and “Phantom of the Opera” and “Les Miserables”. squeek* squeek*

I collect too many things… Figures about manga, movies, Disney, comics, dolls, Mc Farlane Dragons and Gloomy Bears.

darjeb
                        Participant

Along with all my Windstones I collect Procelain Cabbage Patch Dolls that were made in 1984 – 1986. Thanks to eBay I now have all of them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 78 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.