fbpx

Do you collect anything besides Windstones?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Do you collect anything besides Windstones?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    lamortefille
    Participant

Too funny….the lamp caught my eye even before the shells! I enjoy those “ugly” old lamps, too. I just have one…a big monster with a carnival glass base. I had to buy a shade for it and found an old fashioned type with fringes. lol

The shells and crystal balls, etc. are beautiful, too! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Adaneth
      Participant

As requested, my itty bitty sphere collection. (With an oddball crystal jewel for good measure!) ๐Ÿ™‚

larger version here

Wouldn’t mind getting some in malachite, lapis, fluorite, silver sheen obsidian…if I win the lotto someday! ๐Ÿ˜†

lamortefille
        Participant

Neat stuff, Adaneth! ๐Ÿ˜€ I don’t have a malachite sphere, but if you would like a few tumbled pieces of malachite (no charge), just drop me a PM. I have about 35 of them, from a project that never saw the light of day. lol

Anonymous

Adaneth and WC and someone else posted marbles, I think! LOVE them all! Here are some of my crystal balls/marbles – anything glass and shiney right Iamortafille?! lol

above my computer desk:

in the dining room and I should be embarassed to post this picture because of all the dust, but my dining room is really a workroom and neglected:

in the family room -hard to see the crystal balls really:

Adaneth
            Participant

Very nice! ๐Ÿ™‚ I like that blue marble with the orange flowers and that pale sphere on the tall stand. Beautiful stands for those marbles too–are they pewter?

I do already have tumbled malachite, lamortefille, but it was kind of you to offer! ๐Ÿ™‚

Wow! I love everyone’s pretties! I don’t know where I began my liking of all things sphere, but I am glad I brought it up! Great pics everyone! ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous

WindstoneCollector wrote:

Wow! I love everyone’s pretties! I don’t know where I began my liking of all things sphere, but I am glad I brought it up! Great pics everyone! ๐Ÿ˜€

Haha, liking all things sphere – probably because there is NO BEGINNING OR ENDING – much like your Windstone collecting habits ::runs n hides::: LOL

Anonymous

Adaneth wrote:

Very nice! ๐Ÿ™‚ I like that blue marble with the orange flowers and that pale sphere on the tall stand. Beautiful stands for those marbles too–are they pewter?

Hi Adaneth! That blue marble is really neat it has glittery glass swirls inside, with little flowers and hummingbirds, it amazes me those glass artists can do things like that; can’t remember who made it :/ The pale sphere on the tall stand in the dining room is a calcite sphere, I like those they tend to have some rainbows inside like quartz crystals. I have one real quartz crystal, and one amethyst crystal, beautiful and probably my favs over just the various glass or ‘crystal glass’. But the marbles are AS kewl and sometimes better than the natural crystals, because the possibilities are ENDLESS. Oh yeah, the pewter stands are made by my first love: Fellowship Foundry, they have pewter stands engraved like celtic knotwork with dragons, small and large and they have a large claw holder, a small gargoyle stand and hmm, a small dragon stand I think.

OH LORDY we are having a FIERCE lightening storm.

GOODBYE ๐Ÿ™‚

Poems wrote:

WindstoneCollector wrote:

Haha, liking all things sphere – probably because there is NO BEGINNING OR ENDING – much like your Windstone collecting habits ::runs n hides::: LOL
                  **Chases you around with a wet noodle giggling the whole time** XD XD

Actually, no…I have far more Windstones, and am more apt to buy them than spheres. I don’t have marbles though. ๐Ÿ˜• I just go on binges and add to my collections when there aren’t Wndstones around I want, or can afford. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

machineguts
                  Participant

Geocoins! Not only are they super addicting, there are so many awesome designs to choose from! ๐Ÿ˜€

wow…. those are NEAT, mg! the one with the tree really caught my eye..

umm…what are geocoins? ๐Ÿ˜ณ

daydreamer wrote:

wow…. those are NEAT, mg! the one with the tree really caught my eye..

umm…what are geocoins? ๐Ÿ˜ณ
                    Don’t feel bad…I was wondering the same thing. ๐Ÿ˜‰

machineguts
                    Participant

Oops! I forgot to explain what they are hehe! ๐Ÿ˜ณ You hide them in geocaching containers. Typically they come with a tracking number, which you can enter & track at geocaching.com. So when you find one in a cache and enter its number you can see all of the places the coin has been! Many of them have traveled all over the world. Though all of the coins in my collection are unactivated and have never been hidden in caches.

To go geocaching, you use a GPS and search for caches with its coordinates that have been logged at geocaching.com. From the site:

Geocaching is a high-tech treasure hunting game played throughout the world by adventure seekers equipped with GPS devices. The basic idea is to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, outdoors and then share your experiences online. Geocaching is enjoyed by people from all age groups, with a strong sense of community and support for the environment.

A word of warning, geocaching is addicting. ๐Ÿ˜€

Cool! It sounds like fun, but I’d probably have a hard time giving up any really cool ones I found. ๐Ÿ˜ณ I get that from my Gramma…She had over 1,000 sets of salt and pepper shakers…SETS! Not to mention the cases and cases of unused Avon perfume and cologne bottles of all shapes and sizes. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Adaneth
                      Participant

Funny you should show those coins off now, because I was just reading a news article on my bus ride this morning about a suspicious bottle being investigated by a bomb squad, hazmat team, and almost a dozen fire trucks in Anaheim California…and it was a geocaching item someone had put there! ๐Ÿ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.