fbpx

9/25 Grab Bag Unicorn COLT Picture Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags 9/25 Grab Bag Unicorn COLT Picture Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 237 total)
  • Author
    KaytanaPhoenix
    Participant

KaytanaPhoenix, your little colt looks more like a Przewalski’s horse to me, but they look close to Fjords too! Very cute fella.

I thought that too, but he doesn’t have the white around the eyes that Mel put on all the Przewalski’s… he’s probably just a generic “dun” colored horse, since Fjords don’t seem to have the dorsal stripe.. but the way his mane is, reminds me a ton of Fjords ๐Ÿ™‚ This is actually the exact color tones I was really hoping for from the Buckskin Peg’s when they all released, but I can see why Mel would make them a lil darker than the Prz’s

Matryoshka
      Participant

So many nice ones! that’s a beautiful Fjord like one, Kaytana.

Hoping mine might come today- I’m so curious what colour it will be.

Mercury Star
        Participant

KaytanaPhoenix, your little colt looks more like a Przewalski’s horse to me, but they look close to Fjords too! Very cute fella.

I thought that too, but he doesn’t have the white around the eyes that Mel put on all the Przewalski’s… he’s probably just a generic “dun” colored horse, since Fjords don’t seem to have the dorsal stripe.. but the way his mane is, reminds me a ton of Fjords ๐Ÿ™‚ This is actually the exact color tones I was really hoping for from the Buckskin Peg’s when they all released, but I can see why Mel would make them a lil darker than the Prz’s

Your little guy is absolutely lovely! And most Norwegian Fjords do have dorsal stripes, some just have more noticeable ones than others. A lot of it depends on the shade of dun, and the particular horse.

Anyway, on to the picture I took of my colt. As usual, I am sorry about the terrible photo. Since he is pretty uniform in coloration all around, I am just posting the one.

Matryoshka
          Participant

Nice colour!

KaytanaPhoenix
            Participant

Your little guy is absolutely lovely! And most Norwegian Fjords do have dorsal stripes, some just have more noticeable ones than others. A lot of it depends on the shade of dun, and the particular horse.

Anyway, on to the picture I took of my colt. As usual, I am sorry about the terrible photo. Since he is pretty uniform in coloration all around, I am just posting the one.

Ahaha! I wasn’t wrong in thinking Fjords had the stripe.. I just didn’t see it in photos when I was looking up a photo to use on here, so I was figuring I just didn’t remember correctly.. Good to know though ๐Ÿ™‚ Now he certainly is a lil Fjord in my mind ๐Ÿ™‚

I love that rich color of yours! ๐Ÿ™‚

scenceable
              Participant

przewalkski’s horse and fjords are both dun in colouring, they’re just different breeds. “Dun” is a gene that can mix and cross other colours, so you get red dun, bay dun, etc that have slightly different colouring (silver and slate grulla are also “dun”). Przewalkski’s also usually have a pangare dilute gene which causes the white fade on their belly, but they’re still technically dun.

Buckskin is a creme dilute on a bay horse… the same dilute on a chestnut horse makes palomino. Buckskins can have a dorsal stripe too but it’s usually lighter. They tend to lack the leg stripes and eye and ear markings, and the bicoloured hair.

I think? haha someone correct me if I’m wrong ๐Ÿ˜›

Danzig Moon (Karen)
                Participant

Buckskin’s, like the Bay’s they are diluted from, do have the black on their leg’s. Not stripe’s just black stocking’s. ๐Ÿ™‚

*** Always looking for Brindles..*** AWD Pieces **** Lavender Coiled Mother with Globe**** if you have one you would like to sell or trade please contact me ?

Bodine
                  Participant

Here’s the new baby I traded for:

I haven’t decided on a name for him, the one I originally thought up doesn’t seem to fit. Now I’m thinking something like Trailblazer lol!

Oh Siri,you’re breaking my heart! I traded my little one for one almost exactly like that one and I wanted yours so bad to match my baby. ๐Ÿ™ oh well,wasn’t meant to have it I guess.You got a pretty baby as a trade and I did too but wah…. ๐Ÿ™‚ Whomever got it,please keep me in mind if I have something you want to trade.Thanks. ๐Ÿ˜‰ My little one,in the middle,needs a big sister.So does my Cuddlefish.
                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
                    (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                    Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Sirithiliel
                    Participant

That cuttlefish is darling!

Bodine
                      Participant

That cuttlefish is darling!

Thanks dear.Yes she is and I would LOVE to have a set of these.I was attracted to the black surrounding the blues eyes too. 8)

Chloe
                        Participant

Makes grabby hands at cuttlefish……wants…. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Bodine
                          Participant

Makes grabby hands at cuttlefish……wants…. ๐Ÿ˜‰

๐Ÿ™‚ Sorry,no can do. :love: her :love:

Erika
                            Participant

I’m hoping for a dark faced dun one, or a minimally marked paint like the one in the top right of the store photo (<3) A flaxen or liver chestnut would be nice too. ๐Ÿ™‚

Kim
                              Blocked

Did you get yours in Matryoshka?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Matryoshka
                                Participant

Not yet unfortunately ๐Ÿ™ Fingers crossed it should arrive tomorrow- can’t wait!

EDIT: Nope, not today either ๐Ÿ™ long delay for some reason, it has got to be tomorrow or i’ll go crazy with anticipation!

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 237 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.