fbpx

Young Unicorn Show Off Thread May 2016

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags Young Unicorn Show Off Thread May 2016

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 373 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

I got screenshots from the livestream and made a college of them in the paint app by re-sizing them to all around the same size and putting them in a grid. There are still a lot that haven’t shown up so maybe other international ones are still waiting on theirs or hopefully others will post theirs too.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Scathach
      Participant

This is Euphoria.

A huge, giant thank you to my friend who helped me get her.

This uni is the complete opposite of anything I would have imagined for myself. Seriously, an orange-eyed, scaled and feathered rainbow zebra wearing purple bubbles!

But, OMG! She’s awesome !!!! πŸ™‚

Very well-named. I laughed the second I opened the box. πŸ˜€

photo 2F1F3602-1FFC-460E-B602-6EE5E39470B5.jpg

photo 29249651-7CAB-4B13-979C-E30028483FF1.jpg

Pictures are a little blurry, I’ll try for better later.

Life is beautiful.

Ferlin1984
        Participant

So that’s where that one is πŸ™‚ . Congrats! When I saw it on the livestream I showed my daughter and we both love her.

Mary
          Participant

Euphoria is beautiful, Scathach! Congrats

Christine
            Participant

Where are folks getting these screenshot grids? The blog photo doesn’t have this pebbly beauty in it so I am curious what others might be missing.

I could be wrong but I think they’re getting them from those youtube livestreams.

Btw, what sort of light setup do you use for your photos? They look so good!

Ah thank you! I’m saving up to get a proper softbox. That gray backdrop is just an old skirt, lol! I shoot in late afternoon, indirect light on my patio. My apartment building faces south and is U-shaped. So during that time of day, the opposite side of the building acts as an enormous reflector/diffuser and throws a nice additional light source on the pieces I photograph. I can get the colors pretty accurate that way, in their full depth. It’s not perfect as is; the light levels usually get increased in Photoshop.

I used to love shooting my pieces in front of the planter in the courtyard; it gets the same afternoon lighting. It’s been too dry and drab to get nice pictures this season though. And they replaced the pretty, dark wood frame with ugly cement caps. πŸ˜›

Kathleen
              Participant

Euphoria is gorgeous!

Scathach
                Participant

Thanks, everyone!

Euphoria is definitely staying put. πŸ™‚

Life is beautiful.

Ann
                  Participant

Euphoria is wonderful! She makes me smile, fun to look at. what a good thing in a Windstone. Love her name too, so apt.

Zelda
                    Participant

Euphoria is gorgeous, congrats on such a pretty critter! Thanks for posting pictures for us all to drool over πŸ˜€

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Christine
                      Participant

Euphoria is wonderful! She makes me smile, fun to look at. what a good thing in a Windstone. Love her name too, so apt.

Amen to that! What a perfect name. She’s so beautiful! Congrats on your Uni Scathatch. πŸ˜€

Kim
                        Blocked

That is a pretty rainbow one! Where are all the collectors that like the natural and safari styles? It seems everyone wants the fantasy ones and those of us that got the natural/safari ones can’t find any trades.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Ann
                          Participant

Agree Kim. Seems everyone wanted fantasy Unis this time and most of the more natural or safari ones are up for trade.

Scathach
                            Participant

Amen to that! What a perfect name. She’s so beautiful! Congrats on your Uni Scathatch. πŸ˜€

Thanks, again!

I’ve often “ooh’d” and “ahhh’d” when I opened a grab bag, but this is the first time that I laughed! I a good way, too. πŸ™‚

Life is beautiful.

Lupuslunae
                              Participant

That is a pretty rainbow one! Where are all the collectors that like the natural and safari styles? It seems everyone wants the fantasy ones and those of us that got the natural/safari ones can’t find any trades.

Yup. Total pain when you hate a type and the batches are mixed. I vote for segregating the safaris in their own batches. That went down with the safari GBB before. A fantasy that’s not my style can grow on me, a safari though, blargh. And for this batch, everyone seems to be in agreement with “blaarrrgghh!” and tough luck to the 20+ natural/safari types in the herd.

Dragoneer_88
                                Participant

Yup. Total pain when you hate a type and the batches are mixed. I vote for segregating the safaris in their own batches. That went down with the safari GBB before. A fantasy that’s not my style can grow on me, a safari though, blargh. And for this batch, everyone seems to be in agreement with “blaarrrgghh!” and tough luck to the 20+ natural/safari types in the herd.

Agreed, not that I’m complaining or being ungrateful! They’re ALL beautiful unis, but it’s just no fun being stuck with a natural when you collect fantasy, especially for something this pricey $$$. I got stuck with a natural safari too and apparently NOBODY wants to trade a natural for a fantasy, which is the only coloration I collect (although there are a very few exceptions to my own rule, but not in this case.) I was lucky enough to find someone to trade my natural safari uni for several other non-uni pieces at least and a big thanks goes out to the forum member who traded with me. πŸ˜‰

Maybe it’s our own fault because we saw all of the unis in the live stream and it didn’t occure to any of us to request the natural safaris be put into its own seperate grab bag batch.

Btw, I can’t edit my ads. The edit button is gone! Has anyone else noticed this issue?

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 373 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.