fbpx

Work Advice – What To Do When Your New Coworker Is AWFUL

Home Forums Miscellany Community Work Advice – What To Do When Your New Coworker Is AWFUL

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 159 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

So today was an interesting one… I kind of feel like calling CPS on this chick after this… but I honestly kind of got a glimpse into her life not being so hunky dory so I’m really on the fence of if I should get involved or not…

So update, work has still sucked, but it is what it is. Nothing has changed much. I got stuck covering a department I shouldn’t have had to a few weeks ago, but I did it and I worked thru my lunch and ended up leaving an hour early because of losing out on my lunch hour. No big deal right? Well it shouldn’t have been because I rarely do that, (leave early) and because I rarely leave early nobody really batted an eye. I did the store a favor and covered a department for an hour, and I then later cut that hour as to not cross into overtime (which overtime is a big no no) so it was nothing major at the time. Well, this one over here who leaves early every other day saw I got to skip lunch and leave an hour early so now she does it on purpose to leave an hour early almost every day. That’s not how it works, but whatever. So she eventually got into trouble and then throws me under the bus saying that if I get to do it she should too and it’s not fair how I’m “favored” around here and dont’ get in trouble for it.

I don’t know when the last time she has gone the extra mile or done a damn thing around here, take out trash, put away freight, swept, fill the pamphlet holders, and clean the displays, take any initiative to do anything other then play on her phone all day. All that stuff is beneath her and I do all of it. On top of that I don’t bail on half my shifts so because they are starting to finally watch her attendance they attempted to crack down on her. I come in and my schedule has all these red marks on it for any days I left early. Which was just 2 in a 6 month period, but still. My attendance is a big deal to me and so I ask what gives? (if you get 6 marks in a 12 month period you get a write up, even though it was only 2 I was still annoyed as both were approved by management) One day was a chiropractor appointment back when I was dealing with that and the other was the situation I stated above. Well if they are going to hold her accountable that have to hold me accountable I’m told because she says I’m favored.

So now I’m trying to put in my vacation time I didn’t get to take during the summer as I still have a weeks worth I have to use or lose. Every week in December she has days requested… she has NO TIME left… but they are still granting her all these extra days… but I’m favored. So I’m being forced to take my remaining vacation times as just an extra day off for each remaining week of the year because I can’t have a whole week because she has requests every week… yet I’m favored. *screams*

But… this isn’t even what happened today… So I’ve been stewing… just quiet at my desk keeping busy as to not have to speak to her because she completely did this on purpose and requested random days so I couldn’t take my time because she is vindictive and ridiculous. Her phone starts BLOWING UP. It’s her kids. For 2 hours she is on face time with her screaming crazy kids, at first talking and laughing, then eventually it turns into yelling and crying and her husband yelling and what sounds like banging on the walls or something. I’m sitting 10 feet away trying to mind my own business, but this is LOUD. I hear the kids yelling “daddy is peeing in a bottle” and I’m like…. what the hell… I hear her telling her kids to put their dad on the phone and she starts screaming in Portuguese for like 10 minutes. Then she’s talking to the kids again and you can hear them screaming and the husband yelling at them, cant understand a thing anyone is saying. It’s just a bunch of yelling and screaming. So customer’s finally come into the showroom. She’s gets up and walks to the corner of the showroom and tells her kids ignore daddy, daddy’s drunk, get into the bedroom and lock the door and she hangs up and sits back down. I start talking to the customers because already her phone is ringing again. Apparently these kids only know how to use facetime. They are screaming and yelling still. Her husband is wailing on the door and yelling and the kids are asking where they are supposed to put daddy’s medicine bottles. She tells the kids to put the bottles (I found out after they were nip bottles, which nips are little alcohol sips you buy at liquor stores) and she’s like, put the bottles under your pillows. Don’t listen to daddy and lay down and try to go to sleep until mommy comes home. The kids are inconsolable. In the mean time I am trying to walk the customers to the opposite end of the showroom because this is all not hard to overhear… so she sits back down at her desk and says don’t worry mommy is right here, I will stay with you and she put the phone on her desk so they can just chill together I guess. Mind you, you can still hear the father wailing in the background incoherently and non stop banging. So the customers end up leaving and I walk over and say “Um… don’t you think maybe you should do home and take care of this?” and she’s like “He’s just drunk. Its fine.” Well after about 10 or 15 minutes things quiet down and she’s still got the kids on video chat. Suddenly you hear a loud noise and the dad is in the bedroom. Everyone starts screaming again, the video is just a mess of running around and you can’t tell what’s happening. Just mayhem. The dad comes on the phone and she starts yelling at him in Portuguese again for like 10 minutes. Kids are just crying in the background and she finally just hangs up on him and grabs her purse.
      Not knowing what to say or do I just ask “You heading home then?” and she’s like “Yes, he’s already drunk and the kids have his nip bottles and he’s pitching a fit so I have to go home.”
      So what I’m gathering is the father was getting drunk, the kids hid his liquor stash and that’s why he was loosing his mind on them. I don’t know… but she didn’t really seem to think the whole thing was a big deal and seemed more annoyed then concerned… I’m over here like what the hell… if I had kids and someone was acting like that around them I’d be gone and calling the police to get him taken to jail, father or not. I mean… it’s not my business but I kind of feel like someone should do something… in the kids best interest…

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

sherry10151982
      Participant

Damn!!!! It is very concerning that this woman doesnā€™t seem to think this is a big deal at all and this home for the poor children is extremely toxic. You MUST report this to CPS. Those poor kids were terrified!! And if CPS doesnā€™t do anything, at least there will be a report if something bad does happen. This woman is horrible but maybe now we know why. It doesnā€™t excuse any of her terrible or vindictive behavior, but something is wrong in that house and sheā€™s dealing with a violent drunken man. Although her actions and her lack of concern is very troubling. If it were me, you can bet your ass Iā€™d be on the phone with the police and Iā€™d be making a bee-line to home with my shotgun.

As for the marks against your attendance, that is BS!! I would have a talk with management and nicely remind them that those were pre-authorized excuses and shouldnā€™t be counted against you. And shame on them for giving time off to a person who shouldnā€™t even have anymore time off anyway!!! What if you were to whine favoritisms? They seem to like that because they give her EVERYTHING!!!! Ugh!!!!

merrillannwhite
        Participant

I would worry about the kids more than her. She is an adult and can get herself away from the drunk husband if she wants to. She has a job and isnā€™t locked up in the house. Those kids obviously donā€™t have anyone looking out for them and the situation seems out-of-control. Also, the poor record with pets makes me wonder how long it will be until one of those kids is seriously hurt or dead. Sorry about your vacation days. At least it seems like someone higher up is finally noticing something about her attendance. If she cries ā€œfavoritismā€ again, you should bring up seniority and nepotism.

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

I don’t know her home address… I’ve never reported anyone before so I’m not sure how, but yea… seems like he’s a drunk and I’m assuming she stays with him because he does work hard and makes boat loads of cash. One of the kids are his, but the other isn’t. I dunnoā€¦ the whole thing today was just crazy. I found out that her husband was on Live PD Providence a few months ago fighting in a drunken rage with her father.
            One of those moments I’m happy to have a poor boyfriend who’s always broke but is totally the best guy. No drugs, no alcohol, just let him paint his miniatures and he’s happy. He even does almost all the cooking… if you looked at the FOOD section lately you’ll find all I can make is like… soup… or stuff that comes in a box with directions and even then I screw it up sometimes.

Got a busted Windstone?
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Tattoo Mother Kirin

tig3r06
            Participant

I would recommend having managers that approve any discrepancy of leaving early/not taking lunch to email you as proof at the time it was approved so you have an email/paper trail to cover you. I dont even have a comment really for the other situation. If you go to management about that happening in front of customers she will probably get more vindictive. Customers themselves would need to start complaining if they havent already and by the way management is already about her, would they even do anything.

Bodine
              Participant

I have been in that kind of situation,minus the good money,and from what life has shown me,the kids are the ones paying for it.They don’t realize how they are shaping their kid’s mental attitude.Teaching them it is normal behavior and we all know it isn’t.It will teach the kids it is okay to be abusive and cruel.No way is that a healthy household for them.It will turn violent,sounds like it is already.The kids won’t have much of a chance at a good start in life,no respect,they don’t get any,violence against the ones you say you love will be normal to them as adults. Very few children get to break the cycle.I don’t believe in busting up a family but in some cases it needs to be because that is not a family.I have lived this terror and learned the hard way that the kids pay for it. It is her responsibility to get them away but it sounds like she is no better than the man.It is tough call Drag0n,let your conscience lead you.Honestly,I WISH someone would have stepped up,snap me up and helped me long before I got away but CieLaVie.I made bad choices,moved hundreds of miles away with him from my family which was a very bad mistake.My son turned out just like him dispite my efforts to show him a better way,my daughter listened.Granted she had a rough road too but she pulled herself up,went to college,now a draftsman learning engineering at Siemens making her own good money.If I knew years ago what I know now I would have probably did away with that male,the damage he did,my ignorance and thinking it would get better. It doesn’t.Good luck with your dilemma.

Every act matters.No matter how smallšŸ’ž
                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                Male Hearth....one dayšŸ¤žDream on.

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

Very thought provoking words to take into account Bodine. I’m not sure if it is my place… her kids are insane, but looking at if from this new perspective they are probably a product of their environment which is probably why they treat animals with such disrespect… Right now, I’m not sure what I should do.

Got a busted Windstone?
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin

Kim
                  Blocked

Can you find her address or at least call the police or child protective services and give them her name and number and tell them what happened? I’m sure they could look up her address if you give them her name. That’s shocking to me that someone would think that kind of situation is not a big deal. Those kids are going to be traumatized growing up or think this is normal and it’s not! It’s dangerous and that guy should be arrested if he does anything to the kids! My dad was an alcoholic when I was growing up and was abusive to my mom but thankfully she got away from him when I was a toddler so I didn’t have to grow up seeing that! When I visited him sometimes I would see him drink and lose his temper, mostly being verbally abusive about my mom and trash talking her. That’s why I chose to never drink in my life as I didn’t want to be like him but unfortunately I developed a bad temper like him and started sounding like him when I would get into arguments with my mom or others. It’s something I’m aware of I’m working on but it was so ingrained in me, so much negativity that it’s taken years of mostly avoiding him, barely seeing or talking to him to try and reprogram my thoughts and temperament. I sometimes wish I was never created from any part of him as I hate being anything like him.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

So I guess this has turned into a “what kind of drama is going on at drag0n’s job now” kind of thread.

So… new story if you care to listen.

I’ve been on edge, near the breaking point for a WHILE now. Holding in the rage. Suppressing the real need to hold this girl down and choke some years off her life. *calming breaths* So… it’s my day off. I’m not at work. I get a text saying “UH! Why is Batting under your name?”

I’ll explain what this means. It means I sold a job to a customer Georgine Batting and she went out of her way to look thru my sales to see what I sold. A customer who I spent hours upon hours with picking out her tile, paint, cabinets, countertops, flooring, backsplash, etc. with and also doing her entire design. She came in to change a few dimensions on one of my days off and Trisha had to help her. She came back a 3rd time while I was here to finalize and buy. I sold the job, had a good day and went home feeling happy I made a big sale. (I made a whole 50 bucks off the sale, but she was a pleasant customer so I didn’t mind the extra time spent) Next morning the text arrives. So I already know the fact I am getting a text in the first place means she’s mad, so I answer “Because I did the work and sold the job” So she starts going on about how I stole the sale from under her and she knows that lady and she came into make changes and she had to do the whole design over. I called her out on it because the customer TOLD me the other designer that was here when she came back was very rude, didn’t seem to want to be bothered to help her and only did the changes while rolling her eyes and left abruptly to go home. She spent about a total of 10 minutes with her. I sat for 3 hours to close the sale while she told me this story. I had just woken up (which is a bad time to irritate me) and I BLEW UP! I told her that she’s completely useless, she doesn’t do anything useful except keep the desk chair warm and maybe if she spent more time focusing on her job instead of playing on her phone and bailing early every day maybe she could close a sale. I went on to rant about how I can’t even schedule a vacation without clearing it through management because she has so much time requested off I can’t even take my time, along with how I know how she told management I was favored which is complete crap and how I know about all the nasty talking she does about me behind my back, I’m just enough of an adult to not call her out on it when I hear about it and she needs to grow the hell up and act like an adult instead of spoiled brat because I’m tired of being her work b*tch doormat.

No response. Crickets. I didn’t even care. I really thought I’d come into work and have 5 managers swarming me when I walked in to haul me into the human resource office, but not a peep. I asked my manager if she spoke with him about it and he said no, had no idea we even got into it. She eventually walks in… acting like nothing even happened and everything is great. She even brought me a hot chocolate. I’m like… wtf. (I didn’t drink it cause honestly she probably put laxative or something in it) but… I did say some mean stuff, but nothing threatening. I thought for sure she would show the texts to management. I mean, it’s not anything I haven’t or wouldn’t say right to anyone’s face so I doubt I could get into serious trouble even if she did but… anyway… that’s been my day.

Oh yea… she got a new kitten…

Got a busted Windstone?
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin

Bodine
                      Participant

OY!!šŸ¤Ŗ

Every act matters.No matter how smallšŸ’ž
                        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                        Male Hearth....one dayšŸ¤žDream on.

Ela_Hara
                        Participant

She probably has never had anyone tell her the truth about herself and didn’t know how to process it… Good for you for finally addressing her with this….
                          Oh, and I feel really sorry and sad for the kitten. God Bless its little Soul.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

sherry10151982
                          Participant

Mandy, I have to give it you; you are an angel!! Itā€™s about damn time you laid into her, and it really wasnā€™t a ā€œlay into herā€ all that much. You just told the truth. And that poor kitten; itā€™s probably going to end up dead like the other one bless itā€™s little heart. Letā€™s take a moment of silence for that poor kittenā€™s soul…………………ok. Keep holding on there sweetie because you know you got this in spades.

fatalbeauty
                            Participant

I did the yelling thing to a co-worker back in my Blockbuster days, this guy never wanted to work his Friday or Saturday shift…well I lived with my parents at the time, he would call the home line since I didn’t have a cell phone back then and my mother would always make me take his shift if he called….

well one time he called and no one else was home, as soon as he started to ask me to take his shift again, I told him along the lines of “Work your shifts and never call me again!” …..but with more cussing since I rarely got a day off and he always wanted me to work his shift which was always the one day I got off work….and lo and behold, he never called me again!

4 things I'm looking for:
                              1. Mother Meerkat
                              2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                              3. Female Griffin ā€“ Siamese with White
                              4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

drag0nfeathers
                              Participant

Yea, this is like 3 days in and she’s being sweet as pie to me… I’m half way like “What horrible thing is she plotting?” but I dunnoā€¦ maybe it just took me blowing up for her to kind of cut the crap? We’ll see how long it lasts.

On a side note she told me her other cat is suddenly spraying and even peed on the new kitten and she doesn’t know why. I tried to explain that her cat is probably being territorial with a new kitten in the household and marking is a way for them to assert their dominance and also sometimes they pee in unusual places when they are sick or stressed. She also said the kitten is peeing and pooping in their bath tub to which I also suggested she get another box because obviously her other cat is probably scaring the kitten and guarding the box so he can’t use it. Both are signs of the dominant cat showing aggression and being territorial and the other cat being submissive and stressed out. *shrug* She’s so oblivious to pet ownership… I feel bad, it’s such a cute kitten. *sigh* I hope it survives.

Got a busted Windstone?
                                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                Calypso Hatching Empress
                                Tattoo Mother Kirin

sherry10151982
                                Participant

This woman has two faces; watch out for the other one. Sheā€™s bound to turn loose one of these days and sheā€™s probably conspiring against you as we speak. Ugh!! Iā€™m so sorry you have to deal with her. But at least you tried to explain to her about the animals…hopefully something got through to her but I highly doubt it. Oh well…keep us posted!!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 159 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.