Work Advice – What To Do When Your New Coworker Is AWFUL

Home Forums Miscellany Community Work Advice – What To Do When Your New Coworker Is AWFUL

Viewing 9 posts - 151 through 159 (of 159 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

No job is worth being treated like that.Record any harassing behavior,verbally or otherwise.Screenshots,recordings,copies of paperwork esp.with signatures.You just never know where an encounter like that will lead.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

StormDancer
      Participant

I’m pretty much speechless at the behavior of so many people in todays society.

I agree with the others, file a police report because of the threats made. They were so far beyond what is reasonable behavior that you’ve no way of knowing if it was just the miserable entitled attitude so many seem to have now a days or a legitimate threat.

Personally, I would be sure to call the cops to work to file it as well. I would want my employer to see and to know that you felt threatened and that if they wont back you up, you are willing to do what you have to to stay safe. Let corporate see that it truly was extreme bad behavior that should not be allowed on their premises.

Looking for:
        "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Setsunawolf
        Participant

Not sure I would file the report at work since they are doing layoffs. It might short list you and cost you your job. I would file the police report though.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
          Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
          Sun Dragon Koi #3

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

The saga continues… so the guy came in here right near the end of my shift yesterday and was loitering around my sister department for 45 minutes with the same crew of people who came here in hoodies just staring me down. I called management and they did nothing because he wasn’t in my department and they said he was “just shopping for a fridge” and to remain calm. Of course he didn’t buy anything. Just skulked around pretending to shop for 45 minutes and shooting me dirty looks. This is freaking ridiculous. I finally filed a police report for harassment and the cop called the daughter literally right in front of and she FLIPPED out on the cop. Shouting about how she wanted to know who was filing the report and how she was an attorney and had the right to know. He told her over and over again that it’s private police information and it doesn’t matter if she’s an attorney. He repeated several times that no charges were being filed at this time, but he was calling as a peacekeeper to try and prevent any further incidents that may result in further action against her or her father. She replied that this contractor WAS NOT her dad, and that she was recording their conversation and she was going to report him to his superiors rolled his eyes and said it didn’t matter because everything he told her was true with their policies and to basically cut the crap and just deal with management going forward as any further incident could result in a harassment charge which, if she’s an attorney, could also look bad at her practice. She yelled at the cop for threatening her and she was going to report him and he just said to playback the recording if she didn’t understand what he said. He hung up and exhaled “WOW! I can see why you are having a problem with her, she’s a real peach!” That cop was my hero. It was so nice to hear someone to put her in her place for one moment. Doesn’t sound like she’s ever been told NO in her life.

So… then today, I find out that management spoke to her earlier because she wanted to discuss the “settlement” she thinks she deserves and she was talking about her contractor and all the extra work he has had to do with electrical and moving walls and how it’s not fair blah blah blah, finally she lets the term “my dad” slip out instead of saying contractor. Instantly my manger catches the little slip and she finally admitted, that well, yes technically he is her dad but that shouldn’t matter. Which means she point blank lied to the cop and had been lying to the managers this whole time about sending her daddy in to harass me.

I’m not a weak minded person nd I don’t scare too easily, but I have legit had nonstop acid reflux induced anxiety over all this crap. I’m really getting tired of it. My manager walks over to get some information from me and I really keep getting the sense they are taking the customer’s side. I don’t know if they’re just trying to keep her happy, or if they are mad at me for going to police because now “things are complicated and they HAVE to go through management” Good I say.. if they did their job in the first place and took care of situation like they should have then I wouldn’t have had to, but it doesn’t feel like they really care. She’s lied so much and my boss was getting statements from everyone in the department like they were trying to make sure I wasn’t lying. I dunno… I’m not feeling like they have my best interests in this at all. Oh and according to her she has recordings of all of our interactions. *rolls eyes* Good! She practices in RI and the store is in MA, I hope she knows it’s a federal offense to record me without notifying me of it.

*sigh* I really don’t want to be here today.

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

sherry10151982
            Participant

She’s a horrible attorney if she hasn’t learned anything about who is and who isn’t a two party consent state. 😔. Oh well, at least you have the law on your side; screw your employer. They really suck!

Ela_Hara
              Participant

Keep writing thing down and keep a recorder on you too – or use the record function on your cell phone with ANY communication about this event with the people or your Management too if necessary. You have signed contract when you ordered their stuff, which should be enough for your Management to be on your side.

And don’t forget to get affidavits for yourself from any fellow co-workers who witness any of these communications to back you up independently of your Management. Just in case Management does turn on you.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

merrillannwhite
                Participant

Some people think that if they scream loud enough, they can get anything they want for free. Lowe’s should back you up and ban them from the premises of all their stores for harassment.

Rylorien
                  Participant

Some one that yells that much probably isn’t a very good–let alone competent–attorney. It’s also a little ridiculous that her father is the one in there complaining and causing trouble, considering that he wasn’t the purchaser (even if he is the installer).

Sorry you’re dealing with the dredges of humanity. Yet again. >_<

Bodine
                    Participant

You know,I was thinking,since you know kitchen design so well,have you ever considered working for yourself? I bet you would be a success at it.I have to tell you,I love it.I am happy working by myself just making something come back to life.My dog guarding the door,my music on,and away I go.Maybe it’s just me but I love it.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Viewing 9 posts - 151 through 159 (of 159 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.