Work Advice – What To Do When Your New Coworker Is AWFUL

Home Forums Miscellany Community Work Advice – What To Do When Your New Coworker Is AWFUL

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
  • Author
    Bodancia
    Participant

So sorry for your crummy co-worker, but I think it was good that you told her exactly what you think. Why the crickets??? I would guess this lady is used to people yelling at her in her life and that unlike you – who would be HORRIFIED If a co-worker said all those things, she’ll just shrug it off, and think oh, OK. She might even give you a little more respect now.

Always looking for Young Unicorns with Feathers! !
    Would love to find the Summer Leaf Mother Pegasus, Tigerheart Mother Unicorn, Wild Troll Male Unicorn, Autumn Leaf Mother Dragon, NightsFire Male Dragon, Red Fire Male Dragon, a Test Paint Grand Unicorn or any GB Fantasy Baby Pegasus!

drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Well now I know why she didn’t seem to care. She’s abruptly taking 3 weeks off to get her tonsils out… -_-

My boss already asked me to postpone the rest of my vacation time, but it’s use it or lose it and I’m not losing it so I told him to take a hike… Yea… I kinda don’t care anymore. I’m tired of being a doormat LOL. At least I will have a few weeks of peace.

Got a busted dragon? There isn't a Windstone I can't fix! - drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
    *OPEN for repairs on a limited basis. Happy to help with DIY questions - PM me*

***SEEKING GRAILS***
    Tie Dye Hatching Royalty
    Zebra Cuttlefish Male Griffin and Kirin Family
    Caribbean Sitting Spectral
    Siphlophis Male Dragon
    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
    Dragon Quail Old Warrior
    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
    Betta Sun and Male Dragon
    Barn Swallow, Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, and Fireberry Dragons

Ela_Hara
    Participant

It takes 3 weeks to recover from taking out Tonsils? Really?
    Good for you for not postponing your vacation. You’ve done that too much already and you shouldn’t have to loose your vacation time – you earned that time!

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
    "And now, Draco, without you, what do we do? Where do we turn?"
    "To the stars, Bowen. To the stars."

>>> Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

fatalbeauty
    Participant

hmm, quick internet search says recovery time after tonsil removal is only 10 days to two weeks…..think she’s stretching it out just a little too much….

anyhoo, good for you for standing up for your vacation time, you deserve time off!

Sitting Cat found! SOON! OMG YEY!

Kim
    Participant

That’s awesome you finally told her off and got it off your chest! That’s good she actually might realize now she can’t keep acting like that and get away with so much crap and respect you more. I’ve done that before where I didn’t say anything for a long time and then just lost it on a stupid coworker or disrespectful boss. Although I walked away from one job after the boss issue but it felt so good to finally stand up for myself to someone who was treating me poorly. That’s why now I just work for myself doing sales and dog walking and stuff as I couldn’t take working for idiots anymore. I got too stressed out and sick from every dumb job I worked. I hope the new kitten is okay.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Bodine
    Participant

What a skunk she is.Work is tough enough to not have to deal with all that crap too.
    Makes you look forward to going to work.riiiight…(roll your eyes)

BE EXCELLENT TO ONE ANOTHER AND ALL THINGS.
    The little things,act by act,deed by deed,it means something.

Suzanne-Marie
    Participant

Glad you kept your vacation, Drag0nfeathers, and will be away from Satan(a) (feminine version) and have peace on your job.

drag0nfeathers
    Participant

LOL! Despite the sudden silence at my job the past few days (which as been REALLY nice) I had a nightmare last night she got me fired. and for some reason Allie McBeal was there… I think the Christmas music at work is driving me insane LOL! Thanks for the support everyone. I’m going to continue to enjoy the peace and quiet. ^_^ At least for a few weeks.

Got a busted dragon? There isn't a Windstone I can't fix! - drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com

***SEEKING GRAILS***
    Tie Dye Hatching Royalty
    Siphlophis Male Dragon
    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
    Dragon Quail Old Warrior

Bodine
    Participant

Muzac,a retail worker’s nightmare during the holidays.🤪

BE EXCELLENT TO ONE ANOTHER AND ALL THINGS.
    The little things,act by act,deed by deed,it means something.

Pegasi1978
    Participant

Muzac,a retail worker’s nightmare during the holidays.🤪

I still can’t stand “Feliz Navidad” from my stint at JC Penney during the late 90s. Every time I consciously heard the music that song was on.

Natasha
    Participant

Looool I’d want to see her doctor’s notes for that. Three weeks? Sure.

I think standing up to her worked really well. A lot of awful people are so used to preying on people’s better natures, and don’t get called out as often as they should. Cos all the decent folk are just trying to get by, to give them the benefit of the doubt. So when they DO get called out, they are surprised. I mean, they’ve been getting away with their bullshit for so long they’ve forgotten that their actions have consequences in real life. I imagine that’s very satisfying. A lot of narcissists look out 100% for themselves only, so they only way they learn is when they are made to reap what they sowed. She’d lied, finagled, and been generally THE WORST. She wasn’t gonna change out of the goodness of her heart or a sense of empathy. She had to be able to understand that her behavior wasn’t going to get her what she wanted before she changed. Good job!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
    ANY Red Eyed Unis
    ANY Test Paint Bat
    ANY Test Paint Bat wing Cat
    ANY Test Paint Tortoise
    Mahogany Crouching & Sitting Chicks
    UNIS:
    Youngs- Tain, Giraffe, Snow Leopard TP or GB
    Male- Snow Leopard TP
    Mother: Autumn, Okapi
    Gothic - Mahogany, Silver Forest

KIRIN: Mother Diablo
    PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Mother Starlight Rain
    DRAGONS: Male Coyote

StormDancer
    Participant

Maybe you’ll get a Christmas Miracle and she will decide to just not return to work!

Looking for:
    "COSMIC SHIFT #1 ORIENTAL DRAGON" and "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Maybe you’ll get a Christmas Miracle and she will decide to just not return to work!

BWAHAHAHA! I don’t think Santa likes me THAT much!

***SEEKING GRAILS***
    Tie Dye Hatching Royalty
    Siphlophis Male Dragon
    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
    Dragon Quail Old Warrior

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.