fbpx

Windstones in Buffy the Vampire Slayer episodes

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstones in Buffy the Vampire Slayer episodes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

I don’t know how many people on here watched BtVS. My husband and I own the entire series and watched all the episodes a few months back. I seemed to remember an episode that had Windstone Unicorns in it so I pulled the discs out started looking for them. I found them in Season 5, Episode 2: Real Me.

Settting up the scene with the unicorn is this snippet of the script.

GILES: (wandering back into view) I bet the death rate keeps the rent down. (pauses) Oh, hello. Something’s been taken from this case, look here.

He goes over to a case where the glass has been knocked out.

BUFFY: What’d they take?

Willow looks in the inventory book.

GILES: I should think an item of, of value, or-or power, possibly even a-
      WILLOW: A unicorn. 10-inch ceramic unicorn imported from Thailand.
      BUFFY: Was it valuable?

Giles stares in puzzlement at the empty case.

WILLOW: (OS) List price, $12.95.
      GILES: Which begs the question, what kind of an unholy creature fancies cheap tasteless statuary?

Cut to head shot of Harmony.
      HARMONY: Okay, hi. First of all, I wanna thank everybody for a really successful raid on the magic shop last night. (applauding) Good job, minions!

We see Harmony in the underground lair, wearing a skimpy black top and shiny gold pants. Four male vampires are standing around. They applaud along with her, a little uncertainly. They are Brad, Cyrus, Peaches, and Mort. Mort is very tall and large, whereas the others are fairly average-sized.

HARMONY: Yes, you deserve it. Secondly… (turns away to reach for something) somebody remembered to pick me up the sweetest little unicorn! (Holds up the ceramic unicorn and smiles at Brad. The other vamps stare at him.)
      BRAD: (whispering to other vamps) What?
      HARMONY: Brad, guess someone was feeling guilty for standing me up in the tenth grade. (Admiring the unicorn)
      BRAD: (to other vamps) I, I had to get her something. She sired me.
      Peaches: (to Cyrus) Sire-whipped.

We see Mort adding the unicorn to a large collection of other unicorn statues sitting on a table.

In the second picture you can also see the mother unicorn, the young unicorn and I believe 2 unicorn gargoyles.

Now we all know these aren’t $12.95 ceramic unicorns imported from Thailand, but it’s good to see them anyway. They also made another appeance later inside The Magic Shop but I don’t remember what was going on in the episode to find them.

Oh and I lightened the pictures up to make things easier to see.

Pegasi1978
      Participant

Wow, what a slam against Windstone quality!

Pegasi1978
        Participant

I don’t think they were trying to slam Windstone quality, just Harmony’s tastes for tacky unicorns. If you look in the second pic you can see most of the other unicorns are no where as finely crafted.

Lokie
          Participant

“GILES: Which begs the question, what kind of an unholy creature fancies cheap tasteless statuary?”

😯

Me…I guess. LOL

Holy cow! I can’t believe we haven’t heard of this before!

That’s crazy… we should sue them… XD

Pegasi1978
            Participant

I didn’t think anyone caught them in being in the series because I didn’t see a thread for it and I figured there would have been.

I know they were in two episodes for certain, but in the other episode the unicorn isn’t talked about – just on display in a glass case at The Magic Box. Since it’s a “background shot” you almost miss it so there’s no telling how many episodes they are in without watching the series again from the beginning to be sure.

I don’t like the description in the stock book about it, but I did like the fact that they used the Windstones. Too bad they didn’t use the real name so it would drum up business. Maybe I should get on one of the web sites that lists trivia about the series and mention that it’s not some cheap unicorn, but a Windstone that was stolen.

I just looked and I’m actually a member at tv.com (I don’t remember creating an account). I’m only at level 1 so I can’t leave any notes/trivia on the episode yet. I’ll figure out what I have to do to become a level 2 and add the information as soon as I can.

Chessapeaka wrote:

WOW!!!! WHAT A TRIP! I almost cant believe this… WOW 😯

And yes I agree, you should sue! #1, ARENT they supposed to ask permission for stuff like that??? AND #2, PAY you for being able to use them in the show???, most importantly…yes even tho a show, I hate the way they slander Windstones’ AND they came FROM THIALAND!?!?! Whats up with that??? OoooO I better keep my mouth shut now LOL 😯 πŸ‘Ώ

frozendragon
              Participant

Chessapeaka wrote:

I know huh….defamation…

or some other lawyery word….LOL

πŸ˜†

in that LAST pic, there is the Mother, baby, and the Young…the baby is sat to the left of the young one, can barely make out its head. But enough to KNOW its there.

HOW WILD! Oh and dude…my wife is a huge huge buffy fan. But it was never the same after they killed Tara. *she loved to brag that she had a girlfriend named Tara too….me!*
                Anyway how funny! You should sue…course the show has been canceled for years.

whippetluv wrote:

HOW WILD! Oh and dude…my wife is a huge huge buffy fan. But it was never the same after they killed Tara. *she loved to brag that she had a girlfriend named Tara too….me!*
                Anyway how funny! You should sue…course the show has been canceled for years.

Can still go after the company/channel that had the show.

Pegasi1978
                Participant

DragonsCavern wrote:

in that LAST pic, there is the Mother, baby, and the Young…the baby is sat to the left of the young one, can barely make out its head. But enough to KNOW its there.

I don’t see the baby, but I just looked again and noticed the Gothic Unicorn and I believe the two large grey/stone looking ones are the Unicorn Gargoyle. I may pull the picture back into photoshop and label the ones I see. *runs off to do just that*

In circle 1: Mother and Young Unicorn
                  In circle 2: Unicorn Gargoyle
                  In circle 3: Male Unicorn
                  In circle 4: Gothic Unicorn
                  In circle 5: Unicorn Gargoyle

Again sorry about the graniness/pixilization of the screen cap. I don’t have the best software to use for making them as “Print Screen” never seems to work for me.

siberakh1
                  Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

DragonsCavern wrote:

I don’t see the baby, but I just looked again and noticed the Gothic Unicorn and I believe the two large grey/stone looking ones are the Unicorn Gargoyle. I may pull the picture back into photoshop and label the ones I see. *runs off to do just that*

Again sorry about the graniness/pixilization of the screen cap. I don’t have the best software to use for making them as “Print Screen” never seems to work for me.

Behind the Male Unicorn in circle #3 is the black Male Unicorn looking at the camera. To the right of circle # 5 looks like it may be another Mother Unicorn.

Since they are being used as props and no logos or names are said, I doubt there would be anything to sue over. However, mentioning it on Buffy fan sites or, conversely, on the windstone site (ie. windstones on television! – if this can be done legally), might be the way to go.

Also, did anyone ever think of creating a Wikipedia document about Windstone editions?

pegasi1978 wrote:

DragonsCavern wrote:

OOOo!!!MY BAD!!! Sorry LMAO…. I just went and looked at my “baby” unicorn…..I mistook the young one for the baby one! 😯 **checks her eys again**LOL….. AND I thought the father was the YOUNG! OMG!!! Theres something WRONG with me today LOL! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.