fbpx

Windstones in Buffy the Vampire Slayer episodes

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstones in Buffy the Vampire Slayer episodes

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    SPark
    Participant

I think this should be treated as a publicity opportunity, and not an affront. Even if they were called “cheap” in the show, it’s really neat that they were there at all! You should definitely put this up on the Buffy trivia site.

A wikipedia about Windstones would be neat!

Pegasi1978
      Participant

siberakh1 wrote:

Behind the Male Unicorn in circle #3 is the black Male Unicorn looking at the camera. To the right of circle # 5 looks like it may be another Mother Unicorn.

Since they are being used as props and no logos or names are said, I doubt there would be anything to sue over. However, mentioning it on Buffy fan sites or, conversely, on the windstone site (ie. windstones on television! – if this can be done legally), might be the way to go.

Also, did anyone ever think of creating a Wikipedia document about Windstone editions?

How’d I miss that? I own the black male. I’m also seeing what appears to be another Gothic Unicorn turned away from the camera to the right of circle 5.

Pegasi1978
        Participant

SPark wrote:

I think this should be treated as a publicity opportunity, and not an affront. Even if they were called “cheap” in the show, it’s really neat that they were there at all! You should definitely put this up on the Buffy trivia site.

I think the writers used cheap to say the person in question had bad taste and not anything about Windstone. The props department probably didn’t like any of the cheap ones and used the Windstones instead.

Man how I wish I had all those Windstone unicorns on that table. What’s the count up to now, 7-8?

Wow, that is kinda cool…but not cool at the same time. I think there is another gothic unicorn diagonal of circle 5.

Pegasi1978
          Participant

dragonessjade wrote:

Wow, that is kinda cool…but not cool at the same time. I think there is another gothic unicorn diagonal of circle 5.

To the right and facing away from the camera? Yeah I catch that one now and it does look like it’s horn crosses another Windstone Mother Unicorn as well. So that makes 9 now:

Black Male
            White Male
            White Young
            2 Gothic Unicorns
            2 Unicorn Gargoyles
            Black (?) Mother (in the front in shadows)
            White Mother

SPark wrote:

Yea, its cool that they were there, but how could it even be called publicity for Windstones? They werent even called Windstones, didnt even say they were from Hollywood, CA, USA….said they were from Thialand. And anyone who doesnt “know” a Windstone wouldnt even know it WAS one. There was NO credit of any sort to Windstone at all what-so-ever. Thats the problem I see with it. But…..WHO am I to say? I just collect and adore them 😀

Hmm, I wonder if they put Windstone’s name in the credits at the end.

Quote:

I think the writers used cheap to say the person in question had bad taste and not anything about Windstone. The props department probably didn’t like any of the cheap ones and used the Windstones instead.

Ok, so if the others looked cheap, then they accomplished thier goal LMAO! Why put Windstones…that DONT look cheap in there???? HMMmMmmMm? LOL
            WOW AND sooo many of them at that! WOW 😯

Skigod377
            Participant

How cool is that?? Def put it up in the trivia website. That should get em some publicity. 🙂

That many windstones on that table out of the number there makes me wonder if one of the staff was a collector. Like the staff was asked to bring in what ever unicorn ornaments they had at home for the show.

Pegasi1978
              Participant

Well I finally made the “level 2” needed to add notes and triva to shows.

I wrote this:
                When Harmony holds up the unicorn one of her minions stole from The Magic Box for her it is not a $12.95 ceramic imported from Thailand like the inventory book said, but rather a Windstone Editions White Male Unicorn that retailed at approximately $80 dollars when the episode was aired originally.

That’s not the only Windstone Editions unicorn featured in the scene either. When the minion sets the unicorn down on the table you can also see two Mother Unicorns ($80 each), a Young Unicorn ($60), another Male Unicorn ($80), two Gothic Unicorns ($58 each) and two Unicorn Gargolyes ($80 each).

Now it’s awaiting moderator’s approval. Wonder how long that’s going to take.

Oh and you have to provide a user’s comment to help explain your note and I said:
                Want to specify the unicorn is not some cheap knock off but actually a museum quality piece that people can purchase in stores.

Skigod377
                Participant

Very cool!

dragonmedley
                  Participant

I think what happened was the script was written and when came the time to film, people were asked to bring in unicorns. They probably just picked the best looking ones and went ahead. Whoever brought the Windstones might have been either proud they were on the show and/or pissed off at the price quoted.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Maria
                    Participant

I just stumbled across this thread – Pegasi, I’m impressed at your finding this! The pictures are pretty neat. It’s just a pity Windstone couldn’t generate more publicity from this – but your notes are perfect.

Pegasi1978
                      Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I just stumbled across this thread – Pegasi, I’m impressed at your finding this! The pictures are pretty neat. It’s just a pity Windstone couldn’t generate more publicity from this – but your notes are perfect.

Thanks GB. I remember when my husband and I were watching the episode on dvd I said “Oh my god, that’s a Windstone!” I didn’t even catch most of the description. I wasn’t part of the forum at the time so I didn’t think about mentioning it to anyone.

For some reason this week I decided to see if anyone else had spotted it. I figured someone else had to be a “Buffy” fan and saw it too. When I didn’t find a thread I knew one needed to be started. I plopped the dvd in my computer, made the screen caps and viola!

It kind of reminded me of the SOS (Save our Sailors) Sailor Moon Sightings of a Different Kind. It chronicled sightings of Sailor Moon in various places like a JLA comic, on “Reboot” and associated with several bands.

I’m still waiting to see if my note will be approved at TV.com. Hopefully they will.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.