fbpx

Windstone Identification Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Identification Thread

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 289 total)
  • Author
    Pam

If the same mark is in the store picture, then every one should have that mark, yes. However, it is possible that different painters might have omitted or changed the location of that spot when different batches were painted. Our pieces vary a lot when it comes to small details like that, because they are painted by different people and in different batches over the years ๐Ÿ™‚

Courtney
      Participant

There is a strange Windstone hatching dragon on eBay. I cannot figure out how to post a picture on here. 361552352423 is the item number. Can someone please take a look and let me know what it is? I am dying of curiosity.

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

Dragoneer_88
        Participant

There is a strange Windstone hatching dragon on eBay. I cannot figure out how to post a picture on here. 361552352423 is the item number. Can someone please take a look and let me know what it is? I am dying of curiosity.

It’s a retired hatching gargoyle.

Betrluk1
          Participant

So, I am trying to have a complete collection of production/limited production curled dragons. I saw a photo today from pinterest of an emerald peacock curled. they do not mention its stock origin. i dont remember there being a production of these. am i wrong, or was this an ebay piece? This is the only photo evidence i have found.

photo ec52aeda7394b1a5e8b41ba6133617c6_zpshe2v3p0p.jpg

Pam

These were Signed Limited Production, painted in 2007 and sold in 2009, according to the COA copy that we have.

Betrluk1
              Participant

Awesome and shucks haha. Now i have to convince someone to let one go. i only need 4 more curled. elven, peacock, emerald peacock, and brown!

I own a unicorn of the wind stone editions. It is in a sitting position. It has PENA’91 on it. This one is of an off white color and the horn and necklace is golden. It has the light blue crystals also…one on the necklace and one in the mane . I have looked it up on eBay but all I can find is one that is Snow White in color with the necklace and horn being of silver.

Pegasi1978
                Participant

That would be one of the older White unicorns then. The older, creamy Whites have been retired and replaced by the new Snow White unicorns.

Kim
                  Blocked

I own a unicorn of the wind stone editions. It is in a sitting position. It has PENA’91 on it. This one is of an off white color and the horn and necklace is golden. It has the light blue crystals also…one on the necklace and one in the mane . I have looked it up on eBay but all I can find is one that is Snow White in color with the necklace and horn being of silver.

It sounds like an old white young unicorn. They don’t have a picture on the site right now but it’s listed under postponed production and was $69.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Kitiara
                    Participant

Sorry for the double post, site was lagging a bit.

Pegasi1978
                      Participant

That’s a Rock Dragon. It’s a Windstone made of cement and is safe to keep outdoors.

Kitiara
                        Participant

I just bought a dragon that looks like it could be Windstone, but I cannot find it anywhere on the site or ebay. Actually it looks more like a winged horned toad or lizard, very natural paint job. It is rather large (and heavy!) It seems to be made of the same gypsum, has the same eyes, etc. No ID markings that I can find, but it just screams “Windstone” to me! Help?

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr93/kits_pics/windstone%20possible_zpsistdlt0j.jpg

Edit: finally found it, in “Postponed Production”; the Rock Dragon! And answered my question also as to whether it was safe to have him outdoors. ๐Ÿ˜€

Kitiara
                          Participant

That’s a Rock Dragon. It’s a Windstone made of cement and is safe to keep outdoors.

Thanks! Do you know how long it’s been since they were made?

Pegasi1978
                            Participant

I think it’s been said there haven’t been any new ones made since the factory moved to Oregon because they didn’t set up the things needed for cement casting. It’s been several years since the factory moved.

etruscan
                              Participant

I just bought a dragon that looks like it could be Windstone, but I cannot find it anywhere on the site or ebay. Actually it looks more like a winged horned toad or lizard, very natural paint job. It is rather large (and heavy!) It seems to be made of the same gypsum, has the same eyes, etc. No ID markings that I can find, but it just screams “Windstone” to me! Help?

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr93/kits_pics/windstone%20possible_zpsistdlt0j.jpg

Edit: finally found it, in “Postponed Production”; the Rock Dragon! And answered my question also as to whether it was safe to have him outdoors. ๐Ÿ˜€

Congratulations on your find. Several people here have been searching for a Rock Dragon for years!

It is safe to have a Rock Dragon outside but they can get dirty over time (I’ve seen one that had lichen on him), so most people keep them indoors. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 289 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.