fbpx

Why collect Windstone?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Why collect Windstone?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 74 total)
  • Author

I collect Windstones for many of the reasons already listed. Whippetluv says it best…this is the closest thing you’ll ever get to a life-like dragon. Especially ones I envision while reading any sci-fi or fantasy novel. For the true fan of the non-reality, this is key. I’ve loved dragons ever since I was little and there was (and is) nothing more than I like better than dragons and horses. Out of all the collectibles available in the dragon category, Melody’s are the only ones with beauty, quality and just that special aspect that makes them irresistible. Not to mention, they’re amazing pieces anyone would be proud to have on their shelf for all to see. She just has the artist’s touch to bring all of our imaginations to life. So yes, the ability to represent someone’s personal vision in a physical piece is absolutely priceless and NONE of my paychecks are safe. πŸ˜‰

NirvanaCat13
    Participant

Ditto

Pam

I collect windstones because I am insane.

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

Arlla wrote:

Melody’s was the first fantasy sculpture that was able to take my breath away – When I looked at her work, I could SEE the living creature in it, the muscles beneath the scales, the intensity in the eyes…my tan griffin was the only piece I had for a long long time – got him back when I was a preteen – and when I looked at him out of the corner of my eye, I swore I could see him move. πŸ™‚ She’s just the best, and her sculptures are truly the finest to be had. And as prohibitive as the price is sometimes, each one is absolutely worth every penny.
          I admit that I have the same problem as Wolfen, though – now that I have some money, I feel the intense compulsion to CATCH UP! πŸ™‚ I’m becoming dragonish myself and accumulating a hoard with an insatiable hunger to add to it. I either have to REALLY slow down or “create” more room for them somehow! God, I love looking at them, though…they truly are a feast for the eyes.

That was perfectly stated! I am EXACTLY the same way!!!

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Hi my name is Tina, and this is my first visit to WA, I too am addicted and feel the need to catch up, expecially with them retiring the Peacock. I mean I look at them for 15 years in that color and within a month of me starting to collect they retire the color I want, what luck, LOL.

Well, Let’s see…My Gramma bought my first one. One day while we were at the mall (they had large fountains then, and we were looking at those) I wandered by the tobacconist’s shop. Baker Street, but back then it was The Tobacco Bowl. In the window sat a bunch of dragons, and wizards. I fell in love with the mother peacock dragon and that is where it all started. I was 12, it was November and I begged for it for X-mas. I got it! I was so happy!! It started a collection that I can look at anytime and remember the year, who bought it, where it came from etc. It is the biggest and best of my 3 collections. Windstones, hard-back books, and Stephen King movies. But with 112 of the most beautiful sculptures anyone could create in my livingroom, I find it hard to fit anything else in there! 😯 My friends think I am insane for collecting so many, but if they only knew…I have 50 still on my want list and only a few collections finished. I don’t make much money, and bills are high, but you’ll see me from time to time on ebay trying my best to get what I need to finish just…one…more…set. Right now, I am on my last flapcat, but I feel I will miss him. I thought I was a collector, you guys make my collection look puny. πŸ˜₯
          Anyway, thank you so much Melody for giving a mythology, medieval, fantasy loving girl something worthwhile to collect. <3<3<3
          And Karen, if you read this, thank you for being so kind to me when I ordered my first PYO griffins. πŸ˜€

Sincerely,
          WindstoneCollector

Bob

If you have 112 Windstones you are one of the larger collectors

SPark
            Participant

Yeah, I’m still well under 50, and that’s counting PYOs and busted ones I’m fixing up!

Well, I bought 44 of them in one year, and spent well over $2,000 😯 (but most of them were retireds)…so maybe I am insane πŸ˜‰ …Just wish I hadn’t missed out on the Rising Spectral in emerald πŸ˜₯ …Maybe I will be able to afford one in Brown (but if I want them to match I need emerald *so confused*), I missed the Emporer…got the rest, maybe brown….LOL Any color will suffice!!! πŸ˜†

Maria
              Participant

112! You have so got to post pictures, WindstoneCollector.

Bob

yes please

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

I’m catching up! I think I am in the 70s now =D

I STILL need a rising spec in Emerald too WindstoneCollector. I have been whining about that since I joined the forum! LOL!

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Anonymous

Wow.. I guess I can’t even open my mouth here when I only have one.

Well, two, but I gave one away.

Maria
                      Participant

So which ones are/were they?

Anonymous

… went to …

That was the large circle …

Then I have…

Not my picture though.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 74 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.