fbpx

WHINE is served

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is served

Viewing 15 posts - 1,351 through 1,365 (of 1,863 total)
  • Author
    Prezaurian
    Participant

Guess what happened to us last week?

Jeez! They didn’t even offer to give you two a ride home!? You couldn’t afford the insurance and registration so it makes TOTAL sense that you can afford two massive tickets and impound fees! Ugh! Talk about barbaric and backwards! Making two sick people walk all the way home after taking their transportation away from them when they only went out to go to the doctor! Hearing about that kind of stuff makes me so mad! It defies the idea of common decency and common sense.

You have my utmost sympathies! And I hardly think that this is whining. That’s a genuinely upsetting awful day!

Kim
      Blocked

Thanks Kaytana and Prezaurian. I should have said as well we didn’t take the bus to the doctor (Medi-Centre) partly because it was late at night and didn’t want to get stranded, which we did anyway and partly because I didn’t think the people on the bus would appreciate my mom coughing all over them. When the cops stopped us my mom even showed them her prescription as they had even said they wanted to take her down to the police station and she said that would do her in because she was sick. So they talked about it a while in their car and then finally said they were letting us go and we could call someone for a ride after giving us all the tickets. Well I said we didn’t know anyone to call as my dad doesn’t drive now as that was his truck he gave us, my ex sold his car and I don’t really have other close friends I feel like I can call at midnight for a ride. Well it was around 11 pm when they stopped us but they wouldn’t let us go until the tow truck came like an hour later and by then the buses had stopped running. They said we could take a cab so yeah we obviously had no money for a cab. The only consolation was that they didn’t give her a ticket for not having current insurance which would have actually been over $2000 fine we found out later so we were lucky they just fined us for the expired registration and her not having her license with her as it must have fallen out of her purse at home and she couldn’t find it. It didn’t help she was too sick to look for it or remember where she had it last. I was just worried her bronchitis would get worse walking home in the wind. She is still coughing a week later so I just hope that antibiotic is working as I was lucky mine disappeared. At least she got a replacement license now and registration and insurance so that won’t happen again. It’s just not worth the risk driving without all that but hers had only expired at the end of June so it was only a couple weeks later. I guess we were just dumb for taking the truck out at all. Luckily I got my money in today to help pay the rent but on the down side after paying it, my mom and I only have a combined $200 left for food this month. I did just sell a couple pieces on ebay though which will help but now I am dealing with an issue with a buyer on ebay wanting a refund who is making life more stressful. I just posted another thread about that. Well when it rains, it pours!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

Kaytana, do be careful selecting a new bank as well. If they have any affiliation with your new bank (meaning they have any kind of vested interest or are partners with) they can STILL get your money even from another bank. I’d go to a credit union honestly, that’s the only way I have kept either other banks or the IRS from taking my hard earned money from me because of my mother’s irresponsible spending.

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

KaytanaPhoenix
          Participant

Kaytana, do be careful selecting a new bank as well. If they have any affiliation with your new bank (meaning they have any kind of vested interest or are partners with) they can STILL get your money even from another bank. I’d go to a credit union honestly, that’s the only way I have kept either other banks or the IRS from taking my hard earned money from me because of my mother’s irresponsible spending.

Yikes! That’s ridiculous! I did go with a Credit Union! Seemed like the best option for me after researching it all. It’s remarkably unsettling that banks legally have that kind of power…

Celestial Rainstorm
            Participant

Caught my betta fin-biting AGAIN this morning. He was doing so well growing it back, then he tears his tail fin nearly in half. And I feel so bad too – I’ve been trying so hard to make sure he’s a happy little fish despite everything that’s been going on.

Finding happiness again.

Bodine
              Participant

This has been a really crappy Summer for almost everyone I know.How sad such troubles haunt us so.
                May it end quickly and everyone’s Fall/Winter turns out to be awesome.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Setsunawolf
                Participant

Ok guys, you’ll all LOVE this one. I hired a contracter to finish my kitchen floor. It was going for a nice polished concrete stone look. The contractor painted my floor gray, with paint, and thought I wouldn’t notice. My kitchen looks like a badly painted industrial space. I am NOT amused.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                  Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                  Sun Dragon Koi #3

KaytanaPhoenix
                  Participant

Ok guys, you’ll all LOVE this one. I hired a contracter to finish my kitchen floor. It was going for a nice polished concrete stone look. The contractor painted my floor gray, with paint, and thought I wouldn’t notice. My kitchen looks like a badly painted industrial space. I am NOT amused.

What the??? Someone would be cleaning up pieces of that contractor when I was done with him after a stunt like that!
                    *hugs* I’m sorry!! 🙁

A fast update on my previous rant.
                    We’ve gotten that bank account to a few cents over $0. in the process of shutting it down… As pissed as I have been over it, I’ve managed to keep my cool -for my families sake- toward the bank… Otherwise, I’d be happy to make someone regret life if they came at me directly with the ‘tough sh**’ attitude. I have the money they stole from me back in my possession (dad paid me back)… and moving on with life with one hell of a lesson! – and I’m going to do a very small retail therapy for my hassles! I’m buying a Silver Fledge from a friend, I’m quite excited 😀 Nothing like cheering yourself up by buying a Windstone! haha

dragonmedley
                    Participant

Huh? WTF? Seriously? Wow!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

I’m offloading, too, since it’s allowed here. I won the July 2014 Raffle. Yay! Today my post box was broken into. Boo! I’m scared the gorgeous dragon will be stolen! (I hope to heavens it wasn’t in the post box when it was broken into!)

I’m not happy. Grrr.

Setsunawolf
                      Participant

Sorry to hear that jed. *hugs*

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                        Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                        Sun Dragon Koi #3

Linda
                        Participant

I don’t think it will be in the mail box unless it is really big. They most likely will put it by the front door. Windstone most likely used UPS not the mail.

I don’t think it will be in the mail box unless it is really big. They most likely will put it by the front door. Windstone most likely used UPS not the mail.

I’m hopeful that that is the case! I would strongly dislike missing out on my one of a kind beautiful dragon prize! I’m grumpy because this isn’t the first time my box has been broken into. I live in a less affluent area (my daughter says “Mom, this street is so ghetto!”, but she’s 15 so what does SHE know!) and it’s a high crime area as well. The price we pay for our mistakes is sometimes too high. Anyways, I’m excited and hopeful that Joule will arrive safe and sound!

Pegasi1978
                          Participant

What is it about me that prevents people from talking to me…especially about important stuff?

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

Grumpy today. Not only didn’t get any sleep this morning, but I didn’t yesterday either because my neighbors have been DIYing (do it yourself) a roof on their “princess tower” they have been building on top of the addition they did last year. -_- Mind you… the home owner is on disability and building it all himself. Imagine a normal house with a big box on the back of it. (the 1st addition) and now protruding from the top is a princess tower that probably towers about a good floor or so above our two family. You get a birds eye view inside my bathroom…and from the angle, if they wanted to they could probably watch us using the toilet thru our window if it’s not closed and blinds drawn… it’s just lovely. We already had to board up our bedroom windows last year so we could have privacy because his addition before that has permanently put our bedroom in a perpetual state of shadow and the windows are probably close enough that I could jump in his house from my windows. Of course, now they are basically covered in vines and moss because it’s just shadowed and wet because the sun never gets to it.

It looks like a vinyl sided castle and I hate looking at it every day when I get in and out of my car because now it is so tall I can literally see it poking up above our two family house.

I have whined about my neighbors before but it was the ones on the other side. So we hear the base bumping till about 3 am on one side from the people on section 8/ welfare who party all night long and then this guy on the other side now working at the crack of dawn. I feel like my home is the only one in the neighborhood with occupants who actually have a job to go to and you know… need to sleep SOMETIME!

To make matters a bit more fustraiting, Shaun ranted about it on Facebook yesterday and my sister basically threw him under the bus because she hates confrontation. I know she is just as annoyed as we are, but she doesn’t want to cause problems so she just turns up her TV and drowns the noise out. I can’t sleep with the TV on like that, I need quiet to sleep and so does Shaun. Mind you we have already voiced our complaints to him over the past several years and it goes completely ignored. It’s basically a “it’s my property and I will do as I please” style speech we usually get. He also sent Shaun a message calling him a bunch of names and if he had a problem to come over and fight him like a man. *rolls eyes* I need to win publisher’s clearing house already so I can build a house out in the middle of nowhere so I can finally just be out of the damn city and the ignorant people that live here.

I’m not asking for much.. just more then 3 or 4 hours a night I can sleep in peace. -_-

Got a busted Windstone?
                              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin
                              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 15 posts - 1,351 through 1,365 (of 1,863 total)
                            • The topic ‘WHINE is served’ is closed to new replies.