fbpx

WHINE is served

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is served

Viewing 15 posts - 1,066 through 1,080 (of 1,863 total)
  • Author

drag0n – I really hope your year gets better!

My little whine (really little compared to some whines on here) – my hands feel like they are burned, they look like they are burned, but I haven’t burned them!

Thy’re red, and that type of pain that’s either itchy or so painful I want to cry. Nothing helps, it’s not dry skin (hand cream just makes it worse, even when I left it on overnight to see if it wasn’t just my hand freaking out because I put something on it).

It’s frustrating because I kinda need my hands. To, you know…. do stuff. Like work.

Also, the place that laid me off in October? I’m now working for them again (the other place cut me to half time in January, so when a full time job was offered, I jumped at it), and they hired me just in time for a huge audit when they’re super behind on paperwork.

Kill. Me. Now. And of course, if we do bad on the audit, I’ll probably be unemployed all over again.

bayoudragon
    Participant

Major hugs to everyone… even if you don’t really need them, I’m sending them anyway! LOL.

Especially you, drag0n! Hugs, girl! Big warm hugs!!

I hate dealing with car issues. The husband’s car is not working, and I just got out of a hit and run… the insurance company is gonna love that. >.<

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

Major hugs to everyone… even if you don’t really need them, I’m sending them anyway! LOL.

Especially you, drag0n! Hugs, girl! Big warm hugs!!

I hate dealing with car issues. The husband’s car is not working, and I just got out of a hit and run… the insurance company is gonna love that. >.<

Thanks bayoudragon. I need all the hugs I can get… now on top of everything else horiffic in my life that has been going on Shaun just got fired from his job yesterday. >_< I really have no idea what I'm going to do anymore.

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Pegasi1978
        Participant

Pollen season is here. ๐Ÿ™

Rachel
          Participant

drag0n – I really hope your year gets better!

My little whine (really little compared to some whines on here) – my hands feel like they are burned, they look like they are burned, but I haven’t burned them!

Thy’re red, and that type of pain that’s either itchy or so painful I want to cry. Nothing helps, it’s not dry skin (hand cream just makes it worse, even when I left it on overnight to see if it wasn’t just my hand freaking out because I put something on it).

It’s frustrating because I kinda need my hands. To, you know…. do stuff. Like work.

Are you using latex gloves and/or liquid hand soap? If latex gloves, switch to nitrile. If using liquid hand soap, try switching to a solid soap. I had something similar happen to my hands and switching to a solid soap for a while made it go away. I can now use liquid soap, again, but I avoid anything with triclosan in it. In fact, this happened when I was in grad school in the lab alot. I made them get solid soap for me and switch their liquid to the cheap stuff without triclosan.

Jennifer
            Keymaster

Have you ever looked into SLS, or sodium laureth sulfate, and what it does to our skin? It is present in nearly all commercial soaps, hand cremes, and body products… even the kinds that are “healing”. In effect, putting lotions on can actually make you need them more. There are other ingredients often found in our soaps and body care products that are very irritable to some people’s skin, including alcholo and derivitives, Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES), and Ammonium Laurel Sulfate (ALS). I experienced the same problems as you and when researching what could be the cause, I came across research on SLS. It’s in nearly all skin care products. I’ve since switched to really really basic soaps with basic/easy to understand ingredients, and straight up shea butter to use as lotion, and my hands are finally healing.
              It took me several weeks to heal, so you may not see results overnight. Read labels carefully on anything you put on your skin.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
              Keymaster

Last week was spent nearly without sleep, and without much food, as I sat up with my suddenly ailing rooster and attempted to save him. He was more like a sweet pet dog to us than a chicken, and it’s been immensely hard. You can read about him here if you’d like. There are several posts.
                http://nambroth.livejournal.com/tag/state%20of%20the%20chicken

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

Kim
                Blocked

Sorry to hear about your rooster. I am going to go read about your chickens! Makes me want to stick more to a vegan diet I have been trying!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

dragonmedley
                  Participant

Last week was spent nearly without sleep, and without much food, as I sat up with my suddenly ailing rooster and attempted to save him. He was more like a sweet pet dog to us than a chicken, and it’s been immensely hard. You can read about him here if you’d like. There are several posts.
                    http://nambroth.livejournal.com/tag/state%20of%20the%20chicken

Oh no! I’m so sorry, Nam…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Kiya
                    Participant

Oh Jennifer, I’m so sorry to hear that. ๐Ÿ™

Amy
                      Participant

Oh no, Jen ๐Ÿ™ *hugs* I’m deeply sorry for your loss.

Ok so this week is inventory and we are so busy with organizing. I worked a 7 hour close shift tonight and i have to be up early for an 8+ hour open shift *whine* to top that off I now have shooting pains in my left arm/wrist/hand and was informed by a coworker this could be carpal tunnel, a common issue for cashiers or tendonitis by my aunt another common issue. *whine* and finally to top off my six day week, i should be sleeping right now, but i am very restless and exuasted ans cant sleep…..ad cant type either. Oh and i only get a one day weekenend.

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                        www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                        Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Laurie
                        Participant

Ok so this week is inventory and we are so busy with organizing. I worked a 7 hour close shift tonight and i have to be up early for an 8+ hour open shift *whine* to top that off I now have shooting pains in my left arm/wrist/hand and was informed by a coworker this could be carpal tunnel, a common issue for cashiers or tendonitis by my aunt another common issue. *whine* and finally to top off my six day week, i should be sleeping right now, but i am very restless and exuasted ans cant sleep…..ad cant type either. Oh and i only get a one day weekenend.

Understand how things are with you absolutely dear. Been doing it for a year now. arms aching and legs and feet killing me. Now I have vericose veins too. AND then have to come home and take care of 10 cats, 26 chickens, 4 horses, 2 dogs, 2 turkeys, a parrot and fish. Not to mention having to do all my hubby’s business paperwork and pay the bills. Yep, there with ya. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Rachel
                          Participant

Have you ever looked into SLS, or sodium laureth sulfate, and what it does to our skin? It is present in nearly all commercial soaps, hand cremes, and body products… even the kinds that are “healing”. In effect, putting lotions on can actually make you need them more. There are other ingredients often found in our soaps and body care products that are very irritable to some people’s skin, including alcholo and derivitives, Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES), and Ammonium Laurel Sulfate (ALS). I experienced the same problems as you and when researching what could be the cause, I came across research on SLS. It’s in nearly all skin care products. I’ve since switched to really really basic soaps with basic/easy to understand ingredients, and straight up shea butter to use as lotion, and my hands are finally healing.
                            It took me several weeks to heal, so you may not see results overnight. Read labels carefully on anything you put on your skin.

SLS might also have been part of my problem when it happened to me. After I stopped using liquid soaps for a while, I found that I wasn’t sensitive to it anymore and could use liquid soaps again. However, a couple of years ago, my mouth got sensitive to the toothpaste I was using. I had to switch to a more organic toothpaste for a while (same deal–the SLS) and now I can use regular toothpaste again. I also try to avoid shampoos that over-lather–they tend to overdose on SLS, SDS, or ALS to give them more lather, but they also make my head itchier than hell.

Are you using latex gloves and/or liquid hand soap? If latex gloves, switch to nitrile. If using liquid hand soap, try switching to a solid soap. I had something similar happen to my hands and switching to a solid soap for a while made it go away. I can now use liquid soap, again, but I avoid anything with triclosan in it. In fact, this happened when I was in grad school in the lab alot. I made them get solid soap for me and switch their liquid to the cheap stuff without triclosan.

Nitrile gloves only – only certain brands of latex are approved by the government for use in a food processing facility, but our plant uses the nitrile ones.

As for the soap…. even if there are soaps that are SLS free on the government approved list – it’s a pain in the butt for my work to change it. Not to mention, a-hole boss is an a-hole. He wouldn’t change it just because he likes having miserable employees.

I can try making the changes at home though – it might make this more bearable.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,066 through 1,080 (of 1,863 total)
                          • The topic ‘WHINE is served’ is closed to new replies.