fbpx

WHINE is Served II

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is Served II

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 1,042 total)
  • Author
    StormDancer
    Participant

Thank you Zexious.

Yes, It was a horrible situation. I’ve been around, had, trained and worked with or on horses my entire life. I was also a vet tech working with large and small animals for years. I kept telling the vets it was more than colic but they wouldn’t listen to me. It was incredibly frustrating to know it wasn’t just colic, seeing him getting weaker and weaker and to keep getting told that I didn’t know what I was talking about. We were giving him shots for his pain but couldn’t even stop walking him long enough to give him the shots or down he went. So I learned how to give shots on a walking horse.

I still blame myself for a lot of the pain he went through as I should have done what Rylorien did and had him put down a lot sooner. But  I was really hoping the vets were right and I was wrong. Since then I have always followed my gut instinct when it comes to my animals. It was a hard lesson but one I have never forgotten.

The memories of him are all mostly good now and make me smile. His name was Nevada and he was a complete goofball, always the one out pulling pranks on the other horses to see if he could get them to run after him. Was hilarious to see him slowly sneak up on another horse, reach out and pull its mane or tail then give them this completely “What?? I didn’t do it! I’m innocent!” look then do it again as soon as he thought they weren’t paying any attention. lol

Looking for:
      "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

bayoudragon
      Participant

Well, I actually now have some bad news to post.  I went in for my ultrasound this week, and there was no heartbeat.  Based on size, it seems I miscarried about 2 weeks before.  🙁

This changed my whole visit.  Because I was supposed to head back to NM, they gave me Cytotec to pass everything while I was still in town instead of dealing with this for who knows how long without access to the birth center.  Let’s just say it was a pretty painful night (all night), as pain killers don’t work well for me and they just make me nauseous… so I didn’t take any.  It lasted until morning, and I was still not done.

I did pass a good bit, but the problem was I bleeding very heavily.  I lost A LOT OF BLOOD.  So much so I had to break the news to my mom (who didn’t know anything) and have her take me in before I passed out.  I had lost so much blood they sent me directly to Women’s Hospital and was prepped IMMEDIATELY for a D&C.  They removed the rest of the lodged tissue (which has also stopped the bleeding) and I am now MUCH BETTER.  Let’s just say it’s been quite an experience.  I kicker will be the bill.  I don’t have insurance.  They supposedly worked something out with the doctor that treated me, so we shall see.  Fingers crossed.

If anything good came from this, it’s the fact that I now have one hospital I like.  I don’t care much for hospitals, but they treated me very well.  They tended to me immediately and were very personable and caring.  Also, lots of warm toasty blankets!  I was quite impressed… and that’s saying something.

We’ll most likely try again.  Once we are actually married and a bit more settled.  The nurses definitely want me too.  LOL

StormDancer
        Participant

Oh Bayoudragon, I am so sorry. This is an experience I wish that no one had to go through. I am glad that your mom was there and able to help see you through it.

Sending prayers of comfort and healing. And wishing you every happiness in the future.

Looking for:

GardenNinja
          Participant

I am sorry, Bayoudragon. That must be horribly traumatic. I don’t know what else to say.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

etruscan
            Participant

I am so sorry.

Zexious
              Participant

Storm – Do you have any photos you could share of Nevada? :’)

Bayoudragon – I’m so, so sorry for your loss. Stay strong ):

Suzanne-Marie
                Participant

Bayoudragon, my heart goes out to you for your loss, as well as everything you went through. Glad you had your mom there for you for support. If you ever want to talk, I am here for you; my email is:
                  suzanne_marie@att.net.
                  Warm Healing Hugs,

Bodine
                  Participant

Oh Bayoudragon,we are so sorry for the loss and terrible experience.I hope you heal quickly and you still have a lot to do and look forward to.Hugz,Mimi

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                    (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                    Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Dragoneer_88
                    Participant

I’m so sorry Bayoudragon. I couldn’t imagine the pain you must be dealing with right now. I know words from a stranger may not mean much right now but I wish you the best in your recovery and overall future wellness.

bayoudragon
                      Participant

Thank you all so very much.  I am healing quickly.  I’m just working through some emotions right now.  I still have my follow up at the end of the week and then I drive back to NM.

merrillannwhite
                        Participant

Rylorien and Stormdancer.  I am sorry for your losses both recent and in the past.  It hurts to lose a furry friend.

Bayou dragon, I am terribly sorry for your loss.  It is a pain both emotional, mental, and physical.  I think sometimes, it is just not the right time.  I hope you recover well and swiftly and have a safe trip home.

bayoudragon
                          Participant

Well, you know what they say… when it rains, it pours.  So I’m driving back to New Mexico when pretty much at the halfway mark, my car dies. Dies. Completely dies.  On I-20.  Smack dab in the middle of four lanes of interstate traffic.

I had to try and keep my wits about me and not panic. I hit the hazard button and called 911 to get the troopers out with their little flashing lights so no one rammed me from behind.

And of course there are those who will flip you off and honk at you because you OBVIOUSLY wanted to stall out on the middle of the interstate.

The troopers were fantastic and pushed my car with theirs off the interstate and directly to a gas station where I waited for a tow truck.

Can’t tow it to a mechanic, as it’s late and tomorrow is Sunday. So now it’s me, the dog, and a broken down down car stuck at a Motel 6 in Fort Worth for probably at least 2 days until my boyfriend can get here with a trailer.   I keep telling myself that everything happens for reason.  *head desk*

dragonmedley
                            Participant

Now’s the perfect time to TV binge!

But you’re safe, and that’s what’s important.

Big hugs.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

StormDancer
                              Participant

I agree with Dragonmedley, you being safe is the most important thing. Get a pizza find a tv show or movie that you like and try to relax and  enjoy the time to yourself.

Looking for:

Pegasi1978
                                Participant

The polls are closed….now the waiting game to see who won the special election in Alabama begins.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 1,042 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.