fbpx

WHINE is Served II

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is Served II

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 1,042 total)
  • Author
    dragonmedley
    Participant

I am miffed…

Teavana is closing all its stores in Canada. I thought, ok, not awesome, but I mostly shop there online. Well, I found out, by calling (!) them that they already closed the Canadian online store – no notes anywhere on the website stating this. And they “can’t” ship to Canada. Nevermind that whatever warehouse they used to ship from was in the States in the first place!

Gah!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Bodine
      Participant

Let me know what you want and I will help you get orders in.I can get them here and send them on.LMK.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Dragoneer_88
        Participant

I know! I’m sad and ticked about it as well. Youthberry wild orange blossom is my fav tea. Wish I could get more before they close in the US. The nearest store is two hours away.

bayoudragon
          Participant

Well, I wasn’t sure if I wanted to post this under the Heck Yeah! thread or here.  Since this is probably going to complicate my already really complicated life (and wasn’t planned), I figured it should be here.

Turns out I’m pregnant.

StormDancer
            Participant

Congratulations bayoudragon! All I can say is that life is an adventure with many ups and downs. I hope that this is a fun adventure in your complicated life.

Kids are priceless in many ways and see the world through such new eyes. Things that we see each day and dismiss they will see as a fairy garden full of life and laughter. Teach him or her your love of the magical side of life and all will work out.

Looking for:
              "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Bodine
              Participant

Congrats Bayou Dragon! At least I hope.It is quite a shock when you aren’t expecting it but it’ll grow on you.LOL …and another little wizard is born…

May your life smooth out and all be well.

Rylorien
                Participant

Literally.  It will.  (insert facepalm and shake of head here) Lolololol.

Congratulations!

bayoudragon
                  Participant

Thanks, guys!  🙂

My biggest thing now is figuring out if/when I’m going to move.  I will probably need to find another place to live.  Living at 8400 feet off-grid on the side of a mountain where emergency vehicles can’t get to is NOT a place for a pregnant woman!  LOL

There’s a lot that needs to be sorted out, but most of it will need to come one day at a time.

dragonmedley
                    Participant

Depending on how the pregnancy goes, you may need to move temporarily only during the last months, when you’re at the really physically awkward stage.

Congrats!

And kids are always simultaneously a whine and a heck yeah 🙂

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

phantomess
                      Participant

(Another giant smiley… lol)
                        Congrats bayou, and best wishes to you while you sort things out! This will be a blessing, though!

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

Tinks
                        Participant

So, yesterday was a very sad and frustrating day. We recently have started to feed and take care of some of the city cats. Our local SPCA was closed due to some really shady business. Since this happened it has really hurt the remaining rescues in the area. I walked out onto my back porch to find one of the sweatiest cats we have been taking care of really injured. Her poor tail was completely skinned off. We have no clue what happened but rushed her to the emergency vet about 5 mins away. While we were in the waiting room i called about 3 different rescues. One in which she was on the wait list to start the re-homeing process. Everyone seems to have a 5 month wait list when it comes to cats. She would be listed for adoption at the end of November. It turns out no one wanted to help. We even offered to help with some of the medical bills. The vet said she need a full tail amputation but since the damage was so high up the tail she would never be able to control her bowel movements. So, unless we wanted to pay for the $2000 surgery and keep the cat since she would have no chance of finding a forever home they just wanted to put her down. They then told us even if we find a rescues willing to help with the cost they don’t work with anyone. At this point in the conversation my bf just lost it. He is a huge softie when it comes to animal care. I made the choice to end her suffering but he was sooo upset with me. I wish we could take in every animal that needed a home but it’s just not possible. Now, i have the endless guilt of only if i had taken her in this would never have happened. We still have about 5 cats that we feed and next month are getting spayed/neutered. It just feels hopeless sometimes. We have rescues in the area that could help these animal but they choice to ship cats/dogs in from other states and country’s. This just leaves people with no where to take pets.

Kim
                          Blocked

Sorry to hear about the kitty Tinks.  That’s awful it was hurt like that!  My mom and I have taken in abandoned and stray cats for years and found them homes or helped trap them to go to local rescues to get vet care and get spayed and neutered as we can’t afford vet care like that ourselves.  We have also had to make hard decisions in the past about our animals if they were suffering and the vet couldn’t do much or we couldn’t afford much and it’s really tough.  I remember years ago when I was working on a cruise ship and my my dog was sick with cancer and we were treating him with cancer meds but he wasn’t getting better.  I was only away a couple of weeks but my mom made the tough decision to put him down when I was away because he was choking with tumors in his throat and I never got to say goodbye.  I was so upset but we tried our best.  Sometimes there is only so much you can do but at least you are helping other cats.  If you can take any in and try and find them homes, you could always try advertising online for homes for them.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Betrluk1
                            Participant

Really dislike people who think your collection should just go to them automatically just because they got another piece. Its not personal, its not about you, and its my damn collection. I sell when i want to sell and how i want to sell for my own reasons. Dont need to explain it to you. I dont OWE you dibs or ANYTHING.

Bodine
                              Participant

I feel for you dear and sorry you got put in a bad spot.Some folks don’t have boundaries nor understand the concept that it is mine,I will do with it what I please.

TINKS- sorry about the furries and the kitty.That is so sad.

fatalbeauty
                                Participant

well today I was supposed to get my blood drawn to mix with my hubby’s to see if it’s further compatible to move forward with the living donor process….I didn’t know it was supposed to be today since we were told today would just be meeting with the kidney team and apparently I was a little dehydrated and it didn’t help that I can only get blood drawn from the hands since I have crappy veins and also it didn’t help that the one blood drawer still there wasn’t good with hands….

long story short, I ended up with not getting enough blood drawn, both my hands now hurt and I have to go tomorrow to try again…..

4 things I'm looking for:
                                  1. Mother Meerkat
                                  2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                                  3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                                  4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 1,042 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.