WHINE is Served II

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is Served II

Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 1,041 total)
  • Author
    Ela_Hara
    Participant

Thank you VS and everyone else for your heart-felt thoughts, prayers and kind words – I truly appreciate every one of you!

My husband wanted to be cremated and his memorial service is this Saturday, July 9th. I will have many family and friends in attendance and going through all the many photo albums to choose photos for the memorial’s slideshow has been a trip down Memory Lane for sure. All good! The process of dealing with residual post-crash and other items will take time, but I feel confident that I’ll be able to handle things and I will have plenty of support as I go through the next several months. After the dust settles I look forward to getting back to painting PYOs, which I haven’t been able to do in several years. That will help as well as getting back into bicycle riding again and taking Patti to obedience classes. I’m a positive person and am hopeful that the remainder of 2022 will be better.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Lisa
      Participant

Ela, your story was an absolute travesty to read and I am so very sorry for your loss. The way you are pushing through is an inspiration. I could never even imagine going through something like this. You are a true warrior. God bless.

Grail: Poad (achievement unlocked!) Am now on the hunt for almost any color scratching dragon

merrillannwhite
        Participant

I’m so sorry for your loss Ela_Hara. Virtual hugs here, and also love and prayers.

pipsxlch
          Participant

Whine… my husband dropped his wallet at a restaurant last night and of course someone stole it and is trying to use things. The bank was easy, but the credit cards are making reporting difficult… why? And trying to figure our who what where to report losses, of course he had to keep his social security card in it, along with his military/VA ID, drivers license and Medicare/insurance cards. Reported it to the police but the officer was less than interested. Like I have time to try and sort this out around the jobs.

Ela_Hara
            Participant

OMG Pip! That’s a Identity Thieves ‘ Holy Grail’ – his Social Security card and Medicare card!

Immediately go online to ssa.gov and report the SS card loss, contact CMS (Centers for Medicare/Medicaid Services), and immediately call the credit reporting bureaus (Equifax, Experian, TransUnion) and put fraud alerts on those so no one can open anything in his name. And if you haven’t done so yet, contact your dept of motor vehicles and make sure you also report his driver’s license (& Military ID) as stolen too.

So sorry this happened to you guys!
              Good Luck!

Bodine
              Participant

Oh Pip,I am so sorry this has happened.Ela_Hara gave excellent advice and get on that.When we were growing up,we were taught to return it,with contents in tact.In today’s world?…..if it isn’t one thing right? I sure hope the idiot that took it gets caught.Karma,pay attention🙂
                Donna,so proud of you.I hope in the same situation I am as strong as you are being.
                Stay strong ladies.💖

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

pipsxlch
                Participant

Yay that my husband’s wallet eventually turned up- yay for dementia- but prayers for peace for my brother in law. He’s gone down to less than 120 lbs and very weak, he’s in the hospital now. The cancer is back and everywhere this time. He has weeks maybe not months. Bob is a super sweet guy and I love him dearly. No other family in the area either but my husband and I. Plus his little dog is home alone, my sister and I are going out every day to feed/water/visit her but he’s over an hour away. She doesn’t get along with my dog so I can’t take her, and rescues refuse to take owned dogs around here, I’m trying. She can’t live like that but I hate taking her to a shelter. Spreading word but no one wants her so far.

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

I’m very VERY late as I don’t come to the forum as often as I should but I am so so sorry Ela_Hara. My heart breaks for you and the lost time that was stolen from you and your husband by a careless driver. I know it’s been a while, but I just wanted you to know you’re in my thoughts as well. *hugs*

I am also very sorry about your brother-in-law pip. I hope you’re able to find a home for the little dog.

I stopped in to whine about finally catching Covid after working with the public for the past 2 and a half years, (no time off work, working from home, or collecting like everyone else in my family got to) and not catching it once, but I feel like my problems are so trivial right now. I guess I should consider myself lucky right now.

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

Thanks drag0nfeathers – it’s been a little over two months for the accident and for my hubby’s passing and I’m doing okay. Still have some paperwork and other things keeping me busy. I did have a set back with my dog, Patti in late July and early August. Patti had a seizure on July 21st and scared me to death! I didn’t know what had prompted it and was so concerned that she would have a stroke and die, have a heart attack during the seizure and die. She came out of it bewildered and scared enough to growl at me and run around the house. I was hoping that her personality was altered. Luckily she was herself again. Our Vet told me that 3/4’s of dogs that ‘dream’ may have a seizure at some point in their lives and for young dogs the one might be all they have. In older dogs a seizure could indicate a brain tumor. Patti’s a little over 3 years old, so I was hoping for the former. But – August 8th Patti had a second seizure. She did come out of it quicker than the first and wasn’t as confused. Our Vet did blood work to check that and hers was normal. So I’m watching again to see if she has another. If she does our Vet will prescribe phenobarbital and he believes at that point she may have developed Idiopathic Epilepsy, which is inherited. We’ll see….. Additionally I’ve been nursing a cracked molar since August 3rd and finally got it extracted this morning. After the excruciating pain at times before today, the after-surgical pain is nothing! Now I’ve got to be careful not to get dry socket.

I have had some wins – such as slowing getting the house cleared of junk and unnecessary ‘stuff’. My fractured sternum is enough good now so I can get back to cutting the grass (which I really do like to do). I got some unwanted furniture from downstairs removed and donated – cleared space Yay! I’ve gotten my new bicycle and have ridden it a little around the neighborhood when I can…. AND I got my new car yesterday! I traded in the F-150 truck and the trade in allowance covered the entire cost of the new car! Big Win! YAY!

Things are starting to move in the right direction. I also entered the Fall PYO Swap, have my swapee’s name, and have ordered my PYO sculpt – so now I’m really to paint!

etruscan
                      Participant

Wow Ela-Hara. Glad you have some bright spots in your life, though having a tooth extracted definitely is a mixed blessing!

Re: dogs having seizures (completely anecdotal) … one of my son’s dogs used to have seizures – no convulsions but loss of muscle control, shaking, and being disoriented. I was caring for the dogs while the family was overseas. At the vet’s suggestion I started giving them fish oil to help with a problem with the older dog.

One day I realized that Jake hadn’t had a seizure in a long time, and he stayed seizure free . I didn’t try taking him off the fish oil so don’t know what would have happened then.

After my son and his family returned they continued the fish oil for a while and then switched to giving both dogs an egg in their dinners. Still no seizures for the rest of Jake’s life (another 8 years).

All this is a long way of saying perhaps the seizures can be related to a lack of something that is in fish oil and eggs, or perhaps fish oil and eggs supply something that can help to prevent the seizures. B vitamins, maybe?

Ela_Hara
                        Participant

Thanks for the info Etruscan. I can certainly try the fish oil – I doubt it would hurt. Patti’s seizures have been full blown convulsive ones unfortunately. Legs jerking/paddling like in a dead run, stiff body, frothing at the mouth, eyes open – really disturbing to watch. And knowing I can’t do anything to help except make sure she is safe from falling or hitting things makes me feel so helpless. All I can do is watch over her and wait – and time the seizure to make sure it doesn’t go longer than 2 min. or I may need to bring down her temperature, since longer seizures can raise body temp and can potentially cause brain damage (I researched). Very scary.

fatalbeauty
                          Participant

broken more than three years ago ankle is giving me pain again, got it in the soft brace they gave me a long time ago on it and it up on pillows but still yeowch!

4 things I'm looking for:
                            1. Mother Meerkat
                            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                            3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                            4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Setsunawolf
                            Participant

I had two Wisdom teeth pulled yesterday. My mouth hurts.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                              Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                              Sun Dragon Koi #3

Bodine
                              Participant

Ow,boy I can identify with the teeth.Mine all gone and I am glad.
                                I am so proud of you Ms.Donna.You are a shining example of strength and moving forward.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Pegasi1978
                                Participant

No one has my middle son’s adhd medicine in stock near me and they don’t know when they will have any available. I don’t know how I am going to make it through the winter break if he doesn’t have his meds. He and his younger brother proved this weekend again that they can’t be unsupervised when he doesn’t get his medicine (they barely can when he does). I work from home full time and they get out on Friday for three weeks! Adderall shortages suck.

Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 1,041 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.