fbpx

WHINE is Served II

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is Served II

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 1,042 total)
  • Author
    Tinks
    Participant

Well 2018 has been horrible so far. The year started off with having to replace my furnace. Financially a painful process. Then my bf was told the company he has been with for 9 years is laying off 1700 people. He will find out Friday if he still has a job. We have been having relationship problems so, the added stress isn’t helping. We are currently taking time “off”. That leaves the huge mind game of who gets the house,dog ect. Super painful. Then to top it off my dad has been hospitalized since last Monday. He’s been in isolation getting tested for lung cancer and possibly TB. Is it 2019 yet?

merrillannwhite
      Participant

Feel better soon drag0nfeathers. Ā Thinks, I hope things are better for you soon, and that your dad will be ok.

merrillannwhite
        Participant

Sorry Tinks. Ā Darned spelling corrector.

Dragoneer_88
          Participant

Found out my dad is losing his job after putting almost 20 years into the place. Despite the ā€œbooming economyā€, which is clearly a lie, his factory is shutting down. It was a good paying job that allowed him to be able to support the both of us without too much of a financial pinch. Heā€™s so old itā€™s unlikely heā€™ll get hired anywhere but walmart as a low wage greeter if heā€™s lucky. Weā€™re both out of work and neither of us have savings and he doesnā€™t even have retirement to fall back on. Having burned my savings with all those health issues I had last year, which Iā€™m still fighting with, plus losing my sweet dog, and not being able to find a job myself, I just donā€™t know what to say or how to feel. Maybe itā€™s a cliche to say this….Iā€™m just…done. Things didnā€™t start out terrible this year and thatā€™s when I became suspicious something terrible was around the corner. They say itā€™s being paranoid thinking like that, but itā€™s the reality as far as my life is concerned. My dad said, jokingly before this happened, if he didnā€™t have a job to go heā€™d problably die because heā€™d have nothing to do. I hope thatā€™s not next. Having a job is what kept him going. BeingĀ alone in this world, I mean truly alone, is my top fear. Iā€™m only one funeral away from that fate. I suppose it was best my sweet dog passed on last year. I wouldnā€™t have been able to afford her heart pills.

Bodine
            Participant

My dear Dragoneer,I wish I had the right words to help but I don’t know if there are any.Just know,you can never give up.We never know what tomorrow will bring.Hugz and very good luck.

TINKS,I hope things turn around for you also.We pray with you it all turns out well.

Every act matters.No matter how smallšŸ’ž
              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
              Male Hearth....one dayšŸ¤žDream on.

Bodine
              Participant

Drag0n,I hope you are better.I know all about twisted roots and noone can understand that pain unless you have experienced it.I only have 7of my own teeth left because of the same issue.Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

Every act matters.No matter how smallšŸ’ž
                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                Male Hearth....one dayšŸ¤žDream on.

merrillannwhite
                Participant

Dragoneer, I agree with Bodine. Ā Don’t give up. Ā If you keep moving forward you never know what the future may bring. Ā Maybe this is a push to change the direction of your life and it will bring you to something better eventually as long as you keep going. Ā I know we are all wishing for you to have something good happen. Ā I will pray for you and your dad.

Ela_Hara
                  Participant

Wow – I will certainly pray for ALL of you guys and sincerely hope everyone’s future gets better!
                    So Sorry to hear all of this trouble, pain and job issues so early in 2018!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                    Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                    Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                    *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Dragoneer_88
                    Participant

Thank you for the kind words and sympathies Bodine, merrillannwhite, and Ela_Hara.

Turns out the manufacturing company my dad works for is not ā€œgoing underā€, but retooling and outsourcing. Of course the area my dad works in is the one getting outsourced, however, there was mention he could possibly be placed in another area of the company. He seems optimistic about it. Hopefully, itā€™ll work out for him. I guess weā€™ll see. They said it would be 2-3 months before he finds out one way or the other. Until then, Iā€™m not getting my hopes up and making plans for the worse. My life as I have known for at least a decade has been torn apart these past two years. Everything is getting to be unfamiliar. Still, Iā€™m trying to be somewhat positive that maybe it is indeed an opportunity to make a positive change.

Again, thank you for making an effort to say a few nice words. When I posted the news on Facebook, not a peep from any of my fair weather friends and family except for one family member who threw salt in the wound, taking the opportunity to criticize. Times of crisis show you, of your friends and family, who really cares. Sometimes it seems strangers care more than the people you know.

TINKS, I hope your situation will improve soon. This is a rough start to the new year for sure. Best wishes.

Natasha
                      Participant

I’m super stressed at work, and my dad is having a bunch of tests run because they saw some abnormalities in his imaging tests. I just want to go back to bed!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                        ANY Red Eyed Unis
                        ANY Test Paint Bat
                        UNIS:
                        The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                        Male- Snow Leopard TP
                        White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                        Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                        Mother: Okapi
                        Gothic - Mahogany
                        PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                        DRAGONS: Male Coyote

StormDancer
                        Participant

I feel so bad for all the issues everyone is having. All I can do is keep you all in my prayers. I hope that the rest of the year is better for everyone.

Looking for:
                          "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Zexious
                          Participant

Tinks, I’m so, so sorry for the tribulations that 2018 has brought. I hope that things work out for you and Boyfriend, and that you’ll start to build your savings back up with no additional financial blows.

Dragoneer – I third what Bodine said: absolutely don’t give up. I know it’s sometimes easier said than done to change your perspective, but you never know–something really fantastic could be just around the corner šŸ™‚

Natasha – I hope everything turns out alright for your father.

I’ll keep everyone in my thoughts–2018 may have had a rough start, but I’m hoping February will bring good things for everyone c:

fatalbeauty
                            Participant

mild whine, tomorrow I’m going in for a full day of testing to continue to be a candidate for hubby’s kidney donor….I’m not worried about the tests so much, it’s the blood draw that I’m dreading since I can only get it drawn from the hand which means more bruised hand(s) again…. >.<

4 things I'm looking for:
                              1. Mother Meerkat
                              2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                              3. Female Griffin ā€“ Siamese with White
                              4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

GardenNinja
                              Participant

I’m sorry so many of you are having such troubles! Tinks and Natasha, I hope your dads turn out to be okay. Dragoneer, here’s hoping your dad gets a position that isn’t being outsourced! Maybe, if it involves a relocation, you will be able find a job at a new location. Always plan for the worst, but hope for the best. I’m sorry I don’t have anything but platitudes to give all of you.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Tinks
                                Participant

Thanks everyone for the kind words. My dad was finially discharged from the hospital. He has an appointment with an infectious disease doctor on Monday. My bf and about 6 of our close friends did lose their jobs last week. That has been pretty streeful. Plus his grandma passed away. Hopefully things will get better soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 1,042 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.