What's your grail piece(s)?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone What's your grail piece(s)?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 1,692 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

Right just like no one owes you an eBay piece you missed bidding on but you post a wanted ad for it anyway right? How many times do people also post ads or post comments in threads in of pieces they desperately want and get ignored? How does that make you feel? It’s nice when people do the opposite and actually let a person know if they get their grail if they are willing to trade or sell it but it doesn’t happen often. Of course they are not obligated to and there are probaby pieces we will never hear about where they went. I never said anyone owed me or anyone else anything. I said I know some others on here are great about helping others. I am grateful to the people who have helped me and I’m glad others are trying to help others too.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

Wow Kim, you don’t have to come out swinging. Yea, you’re absolutely correct. They don’t. I put up an ad and squeaked in a thread for a piece to get painted because I missed bidding on it. Is it gonna happen? Who knows. Am I gonna pitch a fit like a baby if it doesn’t happen? No. Because I’m an adult. Nobody makes demands of certain things from Windstone more then you do, so pointing fingers at something I squeaked for isn’t going to make your argument more valid. Relax. They’re pretty rocks. Wasn’t trying to start something, just telling it like it is. I didn’t say you’re not allowed to ask for things, just to maintain respect instead of calling them greedy when you don’t get your way.

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Setsunawolf
        Participant

Which piece was it?

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
          Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
          Sun Dragon Koi #3

Natasha
          Participant

The number one rule of grails – you can want it with your whole heart but no one owes you a grail. I have gotten many pieces that were grails over the years and I think that’s because I try to always be polite and clear, and communicate readily. For instance, if someone advertises a piece they are looking for and I have it, I will usually contact them to either let them know if I’d consider parting with it or if it’s forever homed. And if it IS piece I don’t plan to part with, I will let them know if that changes. I don’t extend these courtesies to people who have hounded me for trades/sales in the past, people that throw fits when they don’t get their way, or people that are very aggressive in insisting pieces should be theirs just cos they want them. For instance – Drag0n has a Uni baby I desperately want. BUT ITS HERS. She can sell it, keep it, hell, she could toss it off a bridge and it would be her right to do so. We have a friendship, and she has let me know that it IS ok to propose future trades if I suddenly have a trade piece she wants. But all she would have to do is say “No, she’s never leaving my house.” And I wouldn’t bring it up again because if I is That would be rude, intrusive, and self-centered. I hope she’s NEVER in a position to HAVE to sell cos as much as I might want a super pretty unicorn, I’d rather have my friend be in a good place. Things might be gorgeous, but they are, always JUST THINGS.

I’ve seen people here bend over backwards to make sure grails end up with people that have searched for them – but that’s the thing about community. You have to be a good neighbor to enjoy good neighbors.

I’d suggest being kind to everyone, ignoring the people that don’t treat you with respect, and holding on to people who have proven themselves friends.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
            ANY Red Eyed Unis
            ANY Test Paint Bat
            UNIS:
            The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
            Male- Snow Leopard TP
            White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
            Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
            Mother: Okapi
            Gothic - Mahogany
            PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
            DRAGONS: Male Coyote

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

Well said Natasha. My uni is to you is as your raven uni is to me probably LOL. Youre 100% correct though and I follow a similar, if not the same philosphy.
              I lost a good friend over a grab bag once. (Thankfully we reconnected and made up, but it was some years later) but in the end they are statues and not worth losing friends over. I am guilty of throwing a hissy fit now and then (were all allowed them sometimes) because I didnt get what I wanted, but I wouldn’t begrudge someone for not extending me the courtesy of selling or trading me one of my grails. Of course it would stink to miss out on it a 2nd time, but it is what it is. Heck, I’ve lost a single grail 3+ times before. It hurts, and then you get over it and buy something else you love almost as much.
              I just try to do my best to pay favors forward if I can, and if someone does me a solid and hooks me up with a grail, I’d in turn help them out when and if the opportunity arises out of sheer appreciation. People can be kind and it’s wonderful when that happens, but people also are allowed to keep themselves and their own best interest as 1st priority. It’s not fair to call them greedy.

Got a busted Windstone?
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Tattoo Mother Kirin

Bodancia
              Participant

I think it is great to have this Grail thread and for people to post pictures of items they love here, but I’ve never viewed this as a shopping list. I think of it as a WOW I love this beautiful thing, and boy, oh boy, if I could ever get it, I would feel wonderfully lucky! But – it has never occurred to me when I have an item to sell/trade to go scanning through this list first – before I post my item in the Classifieds. Maybe I should, but I don’t. And I truly don’t remember what other peoples grail pieces are. I guess I figure everyone who has access to this thread also has access to the Classified Ads and probably check it on a fairly regular basis. I LOVE looking at this thread, because I see beautiful test paints I never knew existed.
                I have had many wonderful trades/sales with really great people who bent over backwards to make sure everything worked out OK.

One other point, we should also remember the person on the other side. I acquired a lovely piece a few years ago that unbeknownst to me was someone’s grail, and I LOVED that piece. And was very proud of it! But wow, did I get an endless number of messages badgering me about how I should sell/trade it to so and so right away, because it was THEIR grail. Sort of took the joy out of the whole thing.

Please remember Bodine’s mantra – just be kind to one another.

Always looking for a lovely GB Young Unicorns, TP Male Dragons or TP Male Griffins!

Kim
                Blocked

I agree Bodancia. Good points. As for the definition of greedy it’s moreso saying when someone has more of their own interests in mind and I was thinking of things that happened a long time ago. Like a couple times when I worked hard to find someone a trade they wanted for something, they agreed to trade for it and then decided to outbid me on the very thing I was trying to get for them so they didn’t have to trade me something. Call that what you will but that’s one example.

Anyway I’ll rest my case and yes I do agree Be Kind to One Another. Honestly it’s been frustrating for me and I’ve wanted to get off here a few times after things I have heard of people saying behind my back and other people’s backs. It’s not cool to gossip and honestly if people are deliberately trying to make others look bad so no one will trade with them that’s not cool. I help people until they prove that I shouldn’t. If things go south I try and forgive and give second chances but I know some others don’t and that’s their prerogative.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

fatalbeauty
                  Participant

oof, I leave for a little bit and things get busy! well most people have already said what I was going to as I was reading so I have nothing really to add there….

but I made this thread to help others find their grails and I just hope that people posting in here can find their dream items….we may not find them but this thread can at least give hope! this thread is to make happy things happen if we can! so if you have anything to share, tell me about it or show me! if not, well then, I’m bumping it up weekly or so to keep it up on the list so people can find it….

4 things I'm looking for:
                    1. Mother Meerkat
                    2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                    3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                    4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

You probably can’t realistically have all your Grails, although I’ve been lucky to have gotten a few from members (thanks so much again!). That’s one reason I keep a photo ‘scrapbook’ of pieces I really love from thread posts and eBay auctions. It’s one way to enjoy all the pieces and color schemes I’ve come to love. ^_^

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                      Zeppard Adult Poads
                      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Bodine
                      Participant

💞🤗👍 Thank you ladies, y’all are the best,you too Courtney.Maybe I might get lucky😊Where else in this world do you find such an incredible bunch of folks?This community is the very best and if it were to go away,my world would become much darker.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

Also if I end up with that ponycorn you get it’s all yours Bodine. 😉
                          She can hang out with the grail colt you got from me with the lotus on it lol.

Got a busted Windstone?
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin

tig3r06
                          Participant

My grail posts might be outdated for trades available so here’s an update.
                            I have Calypso young uni or Radioactive kirin currently available for trade.
                            There is someone who would really love Calypso and if they’d like to comment offers for 3 way trades, I’ll leave that to them 😊

Looking for: GIRAFFE BABY UNI 😬😂 (I think there’s only 1 not accounted for/forever homed), pinto/blanket tiger young uni, and here’s a pic from my wishlist in the classifieds of others.

img_2019-09-20_21-20-52-16767b74-large

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

I’m going to jump out on a limb and say you like the color green Tig3r 🤣

Got a busted Windstone?
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin

Bodine
                              Participant

Thank you Drag0nFeathers! You bet I love my ~LOTUS~.I could not believe what I was reading when you sent me the offer.Forever grateful.Like I just said,best community ever😍

IMG_20191022_065754

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

tig3r06
                                Participant

Maybe just a little 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 1,692 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.