What's your grail piece(s)?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone What's your grail piece(s)?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1,546 through 1,560 (of 1,692 total)
  • Author
    fatalbeauty
    Participant

For a long time it was the cougar in black (which I wanted as a “panther”), and I finally got one a little over a year ago.

Now, however, I am on a quest to obtain one of the vampire bats–either the natural color, or the black-with-ruby-eyes. They’re impossible to find, but I have a *small* vampire obsession.

hope you can find one soon, bats don’t seem to pop up much lately….good luck!

4 things I'm looking for:
      1. Mother Meerkat
      2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
      3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
      4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

etruscan
      Participant

Several of the smaller brown dragons have been listed on ebay.
        FYI (if it matters) – The seller is the *only one* who shall not be named under a new name.

Ela_Hara
        Participant

Several of the smaller brown dragons have been listed on ebay.
          FYI (if it matters) – The seller is the *only one* who shall not be named under a new name.

YEP! That’s him! All the way from downtown ‘Item location:
          Brooksville, Florida, United States”

You can change your *name* but you cannot change your location!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

pipsxlch
          Participant

There are several Windstones up on Shopgoodwill right now.

Nightcrow
            Participant

That Brown Emperor!!!!

But I put my ZIP code in the shipping calculator, and it gave me $7.91 as a shipping estimate, so I don’t have any confidence at all that it would arrive intact. :O

Is there any way to contact Goodwill and ask them to either change the shipping, or (after winning the item) explain how to pack it securely and offer adequate payment for that? I feel certain that someone on here once bought an Oriental from Goodwill and was able to make arrangements for safe shipping, but I can’t remember who it was, or if they’re still around.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

LZ
              Participant

That Brown Emperor!!!!

But I put my ZIP code in the shipping calculator, and it gave me $7.91 as a shipping estimate, so I don’t have any confidence at all that it would arrive intact. :O

Is there any way to contact Goodwill and ask them to either change the shipping, or (after winning the item) explain how to pack it securely and offer adequate payment for that? I feel certain that someone on here once bought an Oriental from Goodwill and was able to make arrangements for safe shipping, but I can’t remember who it was, or if they’re still around.

It’s Courtney

Oriental Dragon Rescue Adventure

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Setsunawolf
                Participant

I need to keep an eye on that auction. It looks like it’s in Racine which is only an hour from me. I can drive down to pick him up.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                  Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                  Sun Dragon Koi #3

pipsxlch
                  Participant

Wow, the emp popped up after I posted, didn’t see him!

LZ is right about Coutney and the CP Oriental, but in a nutshell she made arrangements with a UPS store near the Goodwill location to pick the dragon up, pack and ship it for her. As I remember, it was pricey- but the dragon arrived safely.

I’m getting $10.56 as a shipping quote, which seems way off as in my experience their shipping tends to be pricey. No way I’d trust the Goodwill to ship the EMP. I did order a ceramic piece once from them which did arrive broken. No issue getting a refund, but that’s not the point here. I don’t think they’d be willing to go to the effort to pack it right.

Setsunawolf
                    Participant

Emps were around $50 to ship. That shipping is way low.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Nightcrow
                      Participant

Thank you for finding that link, LZ!

Setsunawolf, you totally need to get him, just to make sure he ends up in safe hands. 🙂 I’d hate for somebody not in the hobby or inexperienced with Windstone shipping to buy him and receive him smashed to bits! He looks like he’s in absolutely fabulous condition for such a fragile sculpt after all these years. <3

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Setsunawolf
                        Participant

I’m watching him. As long as he doesn’t get crazy high, I’m planning on getting him. He’s close and I’d hate to see him smashed to bits.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

VS
                          Participant

Grail achieved!

Honestly I think he’s the only blue tiger bantam made. Why I love him is a bit of a story. He matches the blue tiger and colorful moons on my phone case, he matches my blue car… I’m partial to blue I guess.

When the bantam Kickstarter happened I actually listed a bunch of sandtigers as my first choices and 102 came after, but the sandtigers were all already claimed (and I was 22 to put a request in). So I got a message back asking if I’d prefer to wait for more sandtigers to be made or take 102. I answered back that I’d love a blue tiger if she ever made any (but no pink please), but decided to go with 102. Received 102 (“alien” bantam) with no regrets.

Then when rainbow tigers were sold and I received mine we were all posting them on Facebook and I saw someone else got this guy! My jaw dropped. My joke lived! And his owner was anything but happy with him. I had nothing to trade then, but I did now and we agreed to a trading of rainbows for one she enjoys more.

Thus “Galaxy” has joined the bantam conga (actual conga pics later)!

VS
                            Participant

I conceed, Melody. I think regarding the pink he actually pulls it off! 🤣 Thank you for this fun riot of a dragon!

38290-1

38289-1

38288-1

VS
                              Participant

Sorry about the pic spam, the first one initially said only one pic went through.

fatalbeauty
                                Participant

VS: congrats on finding your grail! it’s a purdy one!

4 things I'm looking for:
                                  1. Mother Meerkat
                                  2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                                  3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                                  4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Viewing 15 posts - 1,546 through 1,560 (of 1,692 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.