fbpx

What to do about the PYO swap – updated with a poll

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps What to do about the PYO swap – updated with a poll

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    frozendragon
    Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

My thoughts are if someone commits to the swap, receives a piece and then fails to send one on to their person then either:

a) they should ship the piece they received on to their partner
      b) be barred from participating in the next (and possibly all future) swaps

Probably not very popular thoughts, but they are mine.

I agree with that….and I also have an opinion about selling a PYO you get in a swap….that I’ll keep to myself…. ๐Ÿ™„

Skigod377
      Participant

Awww someone sold their swap peice? ๐Ÿ™ Thats not too nice.

Pegasi1978
        Participant

I agree that’s not nice as well.

KoishiiKitty
          Participant

although that is sensitive, the pyo swaps are like any other gifts you could get from a person. once you give something to some one it is up to them what they will do with it..weather we like it or not.

I’m sure most of us were given something…and then we gave that thing to some one else/tossed it/sold it.

My thoughts:

1-We do the swap like normal, but have volunteers (maybe same people that are already in the swap) just incase someone can’t do it or if that person receives their swap and they aren’t able to do it then maybe they can forward it on to the person they were suppose to paint for.

2- We have to include a phone number to get a hold of the person.

3-If they aren’t able to do any of the above in number 1 then they aren’t allowed to do the next swap and if they do it more than once then they aren’t allowed to do anymore swaps.

4- I also had the thought that only regular people who post or have been estabilished (been here for a long time) would be allowed in the swap…but that has proven to fail because things happen and come up.

Skigod377
            Participant

KoishiiKitty wrote:

although that is sensitive, the pyo swaps are like any other gifts you could get from a person. once you give something to some one it is up to them what they will do with it..weather we like it or not.

I’m sure most of us were given something…and then we gave that thing to some one else/tossed it/sold it.I know what you mean and its true. It would just hurt my feelings, thats all. Its like they were dissapointed or something. ๐Ÿ™ Still theirs to do with as they please, but it would still hurt.

KoishiiKitty
              Participant

yeah. i understand that completely. ๐Ÿ™‚

siberakh1
                Participant

If someone doesn’t doesn’t hold up their end in a swap, I think they should not be allowed to do the next one. This is only fair. Other than extenuating circumstances (unexpected health, etc.), it’s kind of crappy to not submit a swap piece, especially if one is received.

I think a phone number should be provided with swap info, for use in the case of emergencies or if email isn’t working for communication (ie. no response after, say 2 weeks – in case of vacation, computer down time, etc.). If a person is going to be late or isn’t able to finish their piece, they should have the courtesy to contact whomever is maintaining the swap info (in this case dragonmedley) before the deadline, so that appropriate steps can be taken. If late, dragonmedley could let the receiver know that it will be late. If it can’t be finished, something can be worked out… maybe sending the swap piece to someone who can finish it? Perhaps a list of volunteers could be had as sort of a standby, updated for each swap (since people’s schedules change)?

Starbreeze
                  Participant

skigod377 wrote:

KoishiiKitty wrote:

I’m sure most of us were given something…and then we gave that thing to some one else/tossed it/sold it.I know what you mean and its true. It would just hurt my feelings, thats all. Its like they were dissapointed or something. ๐Ÿ™ Still theirs to do with as they please, but it would still hurt.

I agree.

dragonmedley
                    Participant

dragonessjade wrote:

I also had the thought that only regular people who post or have been estabilished (been here for a long time) would be allowed in the swap…but that has proven to fail because things happen and come up.

I had thought of that, I even asked Snap if we could check how often members log in to see if we could enforce that, but nope, no can do. Also, what about timid members who decided to participate in the swap and have now become regular posters?

See why I’m pulling my hair out? Everytime someone has a good idea, there’s a “BUT” (with 1 t).

The phone number is a very good idea, and feasible. The money sending thing may not, because of paypal fees…

We’ll find common ground, promise! The next swap is still scheduled for January, so we have plenty of time.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

wolflodge100
                      Participant

Maybe we should have a SHIP date instead of everyone sending as soon as they are done. Then the person in charge can contact everyone and make sure everyone is covered BEFORE any are shipped.

lamortefille
                        Participant

skigod377 wrote:

KoishiiKitty wrote:

Or if they thought they could make a nice profit because the person’s work was very sought after…I guess there is no way to avoid having this happen; just join the swap with eyes wide open. Still, I don’t think it was a very nice thing to do, either:-/

dragonmedley
                          Participant

wolflodge100 wrote:

Maybe we should have a SHIP date instead of everyone sending as soon as they are done. Then the person in charge can contact everyone and make sure everyone is covered BEFORE any are shipped.

I like that…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

dragonmedley wrote:

dragonessjade wrote:

I also had the thought that only regular people who post or have been estabilished (been here for a long time) would be allowed in the swap…but that has proven to fail because things happen and come up.

I had thought of that, I even asked Snap if we could check how often members log in to see if we could enforce that, but nope, no can do. Also, what about timid members who decided to participate in the swap and have now become regular posters?

See why I’m pulling my hair out? Everytime someone has a good idea, there’s a “BUT” (with 1 t).

The phone number is a very good idea, and feasible. The money sending thing may not, because of paypal fees…

We’ll find common ground, promise! The next swap is still scheduled for January, so we have plenty of time.
                            Well that would be most helpful if we knew when they signed in last. Yeah, I can see how it is very frusterating.

Maria
                            Participant

dragonmedley wrote:

wolflodge100 wrote:

I like that…

So we’d all have to ship at the same time?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 84 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.