fbpx

What to do about the PYO swap – updated with a poll

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps What to do about the PYO swap – updated with a poll

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Kujacker
    Participant

dragonmedley wrote:

Also, what about timid members who decided to participate in the swap and have now become regular posters?

I actually joined the swap before I even posted my first forum post… so I know from first hand this could be true X3

I really have no good input about what to do. It’s really tough. Did anyone suggest actual email address’ yet? It might be another way to contact. I know some people may not come on here for days but might check their regular email daily. Don’t know how that could help… just throwing SOMETHING out πŸ™‚

Skigod377
      Participant

lamortefille wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

KoishiiKitty wrote:

although that is sensitive, the pyo swaps are like any other gifts you could get from a person. once you give something to some one it is up to them what they will do with it..weather we like it or not.

I’m sure most of us were given something…and then we gave that thing to some one else/tossed it/sold it.I know what you mean and its true. It would just hurt my feelings, thats all. Its like they were dissapointed or something. πŸ™ Still theirs to do with as they please, but it would still hurt.

Or if they thought they could make a nice profit because the person’s work was very sought after…I guess there is no way to avoid having this happen; just join the swap with eyes wide open. Still, I don’t think it was a very nice thing to do, either:-/ πŸ˜† Such would not be the case with my swap! πŸ˜†

Dragonmedly, thats why I said $40 instead of $30. It would cover some of the paypal fees. They would still lose out but it would only be about $5. Thats better than $30-35.

KoishiiKitty
        Participant

lamortefille wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

KoishiiKitty wrote:

although that is sensitive, the pyo swaps are like any other gifts you could get from a person. once you give something to some one it is up to them what they will do with it..weather we like it or not.

I’m sure most of us were given something…and then we gave that thing to some one else/tossed it/sold it.I know what you mean and its true. It would just hurt my feelings, thats all. Its like they were dissapointed or something. πŸ™ Still theirs to do with as they please, but it would still hurt.

Or if they thought they could make a nice profit because the person’s work was very sought after…I guess there is no way to avoid having this happen; just join the swap with eyes wide open. Still, I don’t think it was a very nice thing to do, either:-/

I think we have enough members that can be trusted and are known enough to say that that would be rare. although i do admit that I would be a bit miffed at that.

lamortefille
          Participant

Ski, that’s not true – you do beautiful work! πŸ˜€

Skigod377
            Participant

lamortefille wrote:

Awww thank you! Its hit and miss sometimes- you gotta admit! πŸ˜†

Starbreeze
              Participant

I haven’t seen a ‘miss’ yet!! πŸ˜‰

Skigod377
                Participant

starbreeze wrote:

I haven’t seen a ‘miss’ yet!! πŸ˜‰

Thats cuz you’re a sweetheart. πŸ˜†

Starbreeze
                  Participant

πŸ˜† I’m not sure Frozen would agree with that, but thanks!!! πŸ˜†

siberakh1
                    Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Pfffftht! I love my griffy! *hugs the griffy* 8)

Jodi
                      Participant

Ski, what are you talking about?! You paint beautifully. I love the griffin I got from you too!

Skigod377
                        Participant

Ok, I am blushing now… πŸ˜†

Soooo what about the people who did not get their swap? I would be willing to paint for someone. I only have a wolf on hand, but I can always order something else. πŸ™‚

skigod377 wrote:

Soooo what about the people who did not get their swap? I would be willing to paint for someone. I only have a wolf on hand, but I can always order something else. πŸ™‚
                          It looks like we would only need one person to paint for Whippet. The other 2 should be on the way.

lamortefille
                          Participant

skigod377 wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

I haven’t seen any “misses”…if I had more money and more room, I would have one of yours, myself.

dragonmedley
                            Participant

dragonessjade wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

It looks like we would only need one person to paint for Whippet. The other 2 should be on the way.

Actually, Ryliecat just responded to my email! In her own words:

Quote:

I feel like such a schmo not getting Whippet her piece! I have had it done and all ready to go but I just haven’t gotten it mailed.

So Whippet did get back to me and should be sending Nirvana her piece, and GB is helping Nirvana. I think all’s gonna be ok.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

dragonmedley
                              Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

dragonmedley wrote:

wolflodge100 wrote:

Maybe we should have a SHIP date instead of everyone sending as soon as they are done. Then the person in charge can contact everyone and make sure everyone is covered BEFORE any are shipped.

I like that…

So we’d all have to ship at the same time?

Something like that. So far, this is the solution that sticks the closest to the way we’ve done it before.

I think the money thing might work too, but we’d have to make sure everyone understands about the paypal fees and losing a bit to paypal. (thanks for the clarification, Ski).

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 84 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.