fbpx

What to do about the PYO swap – updated with a poll

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps What to do about the PYO swap – updated with a poll

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Duld
    Participant

would any of you be interested to swap an item to iceland 😳 the shipping is probably more expensive than you’re used to πŸ˜†

dragonmedley
      Participant

BRoS wrote:

would any of you be interested to swap an item to iceland 😳 the shipping is probably more expensive than you’re used to πŸ˜†

Hey, we swap to Switzerland!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Skigod377
        Participant

Yeah, I dont have any problems shipping anywhere, unless its ridiculously expensive.

Nope me neither, I think it would be really cool to get one painted over seas, oddly enough mine was sent to another Canadian, LOL.

dragonmedley
          Participant

ruffian wrote:

Nope me neither, I think it would be really cool to get one painted over seas, oddly enough mine was sent to another Canadian, LOL.

Last swap, Romeodanny painted for me. This time, it was you… I thought it was hilarious!

I really liked the idea of giving our phone numbers (easier hounding!). Also, when I said there could be a PYO pool: even if everyone just gave a couple of dollars it’d amount to having an extra PYO on hand, and I know there would be volunteers to paint it if something happened and a PYO didn’t get sent to its intended. (Far better than receiving money… I think it would be so disappointing to get money back instead of a swap piece.) And if we didn’t need it this next time, it’d be on hand for the next one…. Or, you could wait and ask for people to volunteer $$ if it was needed to buy a piece at the end of the swap, as there are enough of us who would chip in willingly.
            Honestly, things do happen, but it looks like everyone still had good intentions and nobody entered with devious intentions, so I think the next swap will work out as well, it’s just nice to have a couple of extra safe-guards.

wolflodge100
            Participant

frozendragon wrote:

pegasi1978 wrote:

My thoughts are if someone commits to the swap, receives a piece and then fails to send one on to their person then either:

a) they should ship the piece they received on to their partner
              b) be barred from participating in the next (and possibly all future) swaps

Probably not very popular thoughts, but they are mine.

I agree with that….and I also have an opinion about selling a PYO you get in a swap….that I’ll keep to myself…. πŸ™„

Well if it means anything, I bought it and I love it πŸ˜€

frozendragon
              Participant

wolflodge100 wrote:

Well if it means anything, I bought it and I love it πŸ˜€

hehe…yeah I remember… πŸ™‚

well i shall leave this up to all you great minds πŸ˜† as theres a lot of good ideas here already πŸ˜‰

NirvanaCat13
                Participant

Arrla, I WILL get you your piece!! Words cannot express how embarrased I am to not have gotten it off to you in time. You will have your piece though, if it kills me =P (it won’t LoL)

Also, no, I still have not recieved my piece from Whippet, and from the sound of things, I don’t think it will happen….

Is cool =P Love you guys!

dragonmedley
                  Participant

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

Also, no, I still have not recieved my piece from Whippet, and from the sound of things, I don’t think it will happen….

Is cool =P Love you guys!

She responded to me, so hopefully, she should mail it out!

You know, unless things have changed, you can have a fee free personal Paypal account. You are limited in how much money you can get (I don’t remember how much).
                    Also if the transaction is refunded, then there are no fees either. I don’t know what the time limit might be on refunds though.

I don’t really like the idea of giving Paypal/eBay ‘free’ money. They get too much already!

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

If I remember right you can accept money fee free in to paypal accounts as long as it doesn’t come from a credit card. It’s once the money comes from a credit card that you have to pay fees. It’s been a while since I swapped my account to one that could take funds from a credit card. I did it so people had more options when it came to paying for items I auctioned on eBay.

thats because credit cards charge a fee to use them,yes they charge us to use them and the store to take them πŸ‘Ώ

i feel really bad about all this. im so sorry that i was the first to get mine(thanks DM!) and the last to send one. i put so much time and effort into making Whippet’s “personal”. i was so proud of it! i am really ashamed πŸ™ i would like nothing more than to join the next swap but if you guys decide not to let me i will understand. i have had so much trauma in my life the last 4 months that i honestly kept forgeting about sending it. — emily

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 84 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.