What Do You Do?

Home Forums Miscellany Community What Do You Do?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 151 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

Not those Pip,mine😁
      I will send you the toys,do with them what you will.Glad to know someone will have them instead of a landfill.
      The lady asked me for the cat back today. I wanted to say no but she said the cat wouldn’t come home before they left is why it was here.It did come back about 4pm from roaming when I was there.It is a healthy lovable cat and I figured it must have been loved so I did.Hope I did the right thing.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
      Participant

I just had to get these.
        Interesting thing happened…
        When I was looking at them taking pics I said,you know Liberty, it’s a shame there isn’t a German Shepherd.Believe it or not,she bounced off and came right back to me all happy. Low and behold,she dropped one in my lap and it was a German Shepherd.I almost fell out.Makes you shake your head and say HOW IN THE HELL???

IMG_20190914_071040

IMG_20190914_070252

IMG_20190914_070222

Bodine
        Participant

IMG_20190914_070152

IMG_20190914_070136

IMG_20190914_070115

Bodine
          Participant

This one is darlin

IMG_20190914_070054

IMG_20190914_070036

IMG_20190914_070036

pipsxlch
            Participant

Those are cute! I don’t need any Christmas ornaments here thank you. ;D But I do think you should do well with them!

That is so funny that Liberty found the shepherd ornament- and that it’s a “nice” one! I swear Queenie is showing she’s entirely too smart also. Not smarter than my old fashioned Aussies were, but up there with them. And smarter than the modern lines Aussies and other breeds have been.

Bodine
              Participant

I guess she recognized her breed image.You can see she grabbed it from the bunch and had it for herself because the ribbon was chewed on and tag is gone.I listed some on eBay.Some will be gifts.
                Yellow bug😄cool car,
                perfect,rolls great.Yep,I used to play with cars and horses instead of dolls.😆

IMG_20190914_093803

pipsxlch
                Participant

(I need a smiley that’s looking from side to side)
                  You’re not alone- I HATED dolls. My favorite toys besides my microscope were my dinosaurs, my Breyers and then animal figures, my Matchbox cars and my Tonkas. I was elementary age when Star Wars came out, so that rose to the top also. Dolls I was given suffered weird and cruel fates. Like being filled with fish guts and catsup, then having M-80s taped under their dresses and ignited.

Bodine
                  Participant

ROFLMAO🤣😂 I didn’t do anything close to that!😂 I just used mine for puppy toys.
                    I am going to find some hippy stickers and “lovebug” the car up.
                    If I show anything here and anyone wants it,pay shipping and it’s yours but not the glass ornaments.
                    Patti is getting this.😊

IMG_20190915_072015

Bodine
                    Participant

63contractors bags but got it done.I am painting already.I really have to learn how to slow down so I can make a little more money😆
                      They didn’t let their dogs out enough🤨

IMG_20190916_064726

Bodine
                      Participant

I found this in the attic Sat..It is w beautiful wedding dress but has 2 yellow stains on bottom of trail.Halter top.sz9-10.All bead work is there,foofy around the middle,long tuffed train. Needs cleaning but very pretty.What would you charge?I am clueless.

IMG_20190916_071954

IMG_20190916_072031

IMG_20190916_072031

IMG_20190916_071817

Bodine
                        Participant

Used prices range from $50-$1000.It is very heavy to wear.

IMG_20190916_081229

picklesoap8
                          Participant

Wow, Bodine, you sure have a lot of work on your hands cleaning out that place! Good luck!

Answering the “What do you do?” question. I guess I would say I am a caregiver. Been doing it since 2000, so 19 years. I had a handicapped, older sister that had Cerebral Palsy & couldn’t walk or talk/communicate in any way. She was a quadriplegic all due to malpractice. She always lived at home with us & my mom took care of her with no outside help. After I was done with high school, I started helping full time with her daily care as my mom was getting older & needed the help. Sadly, on July 14th, 2015 my sister passed from ongoing internal complications she’d been having.

In 2009 my mom was mugged right outside our home & knocked out- which led to multiple health complications for her because of how she fell- which is why it had been harder for her to take care of of my sister. She really damaged her hands badly in how she fell. In 2011 she suffered a heart attack (probably brought on from the mugging incident because that left her very immobile where she was like 75% less active than she had been so it caused her heart to strain). Then she suffered another heart attack in January 2018 & was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes (again brought on by her inactivity from her prior injuries). So now I take care of her full time. I do all the shopping, make the meals, help with all her medications & shots, etc.

I love helping my mom as she was the best mother to me & my sister growing up. She is my best friend & I feel like it is my calling. I am just sad that her health isn’t the best.

sherry10151982
                            Participant

Oh wow picklesoap8!! You’re definitely a saint to take on such responsibility and that is definitely a hard task. It takes a special person to take care of another human being so you must be pretty special 😍!! Lord knows we need more care givers and compassionate people in today’s world and you fit the bill perfectly!!

sherry10151982
                              Participant

Bodine you look amazing in that dress!!!🤣😊!!

etruscan
                                Participant

I agree. Just don’t forget to take care of yourself as well!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 151 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.