What Do You Do?

Home Forums Miscellany Community What Do You Do?

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 151 total)
  • Author
    VS
    Participant

Those set designs and art work are awesome! My grandfather used to do that and make furniture for the Budapest Opera and the opera singers, so I can appreciate your talent!

Damn, I wish I lived closer to some of you, lol. Would then know who to hire for paintwork and who to turn to for kitchen remodeling! You guys are amazing!

Aha, so Mr Chagan245, can I request certain pills be changed from white to a color? 😉 I swear almost every pill I organize for my mom is white making it hard to tell her or others what is what. If you can do anything to help that for various common pills, Ill be in your debt!

Me, I’m a PT (PainandTorture, PersonalTorturer, oh yes, Physical Therapist too). I did 10+ years subacute/skilled nursing/nursing home full time with some hospital acute care part time thrown in, then in more recent years lucked out and got the retirement job early working for insurance full time. I push papers from home now, but it’s a good thing because dealing with my mom’s care since her stroke is very time consuming and I couldn’t do that with my old hours and doing hands-on with patients. Also I’ve my own minor but annoying health issues and it was good to escape the heavy lifting before I could get permanently injured like many healthcare workers I know.

Welcome to my office. May the angel of serenity (local artist) watch over you and yours too.

Bodine
      Participant

This is an awful,back breaking job I get to do today.Oh Yay!😝 There is a layer of tiles glued to the floor under the top flooring and the smell is horrid.But wait until I am done,worth it.

20200827_1010232

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Pegasi1978
        Participant

This is an awful,back breaking job I get to do today.Oh Yay!😝 There is a layer of tiles glued to the floor under the top flooring and the smell is horrid.But wait until I am done,worth it.

20200827_1010232

That reminds me of the computer room in my parent’s house. We pulled up shag carpet and two layers of tile like that to get to the bare concrete that we then had to clean before we retiled it with ceramic tile. It was an ugly job, but looked so much better when we were done.

We also removed shelves, painted the wood paneling walls, and painted the back of the chimney after removing a false mantel added to hide where they tried to make it double sided. They didn’t break through the fire brick fortunately so all we had to do was add bricks back into the area. We’ve never used the chimney (in the 25 years since the house was bought) and know it needs to be cleaned and inspected before it is ever used.

sherry10151982
          Participant

20200827_1010232

Dang Mimi!! It looks as though you have your work cut out for you LOL!! You’re a very strong person and definitely a hard worker! Post pictures of the after!!

Bodine
            Participant

Thank you Sherry💞
              Here is a small part of the kitchen I just finished.Flooring is down,need to pop the trim on.I will get pics next week.

20200904_1359162

VS
              Participant

That looks infinitely better already. Nice work!

pipsxlch
                Participant

Wow. What a job!😮
                  The almost finished product looks beautiful though!

Suzanne-Marie
                  Participant

OMGosh Bodine⭐️
                    That floor is incredible !!
                    You are simply amazing !!
                    Biggest Hugs!!!

Bodine
                    Participant

Thank y’all.You would be surprised how
                      easy it really is.The hard part is cleaning up the old flooring and the pain you put your body through especially the bruised knees and I wear knee pads too.Repairs,painting,
                      etc.,flipping a house,great job for a younger person that likes to work for yourself and bring old stuff back to life.Decent money.I make $16 now,damn good for down here and a woman my age.Only drawback for me is it isn’t steady work.I only work for family.

Bodine
                      Participant

TaDa!

20200911_1212422

20200911_1244272

20200911_1213312

Ela_Hara
                        Participant

Great job Mimi – and a Ton of work!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

etruscan
                          Participant

Wow – what a difference!

Megan
                            Participant

That looks about 900 times better! Great work!

Celestial Rainstorm
                              Participant

Whoa that’s fantastic work!

Finding happiness again.

Bodine
                                Participant

Thank y’all very much.It was a ton of work and my knees paid dearly for it everyday for hours in pain but it is now available for a new family to rest their heads.I wish I would have taken a pic of the bathroom.I would not have given my dogs a bath in there.I am proud of this home.I did most of it by myself.Tim showed me how to do the floors,he did the trouble corners,helped peel up some of the old flooring,plumbing and cabinets for me.Bonus:I got a Hippogriff and a Lap to add to my collection😃

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 151 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.