What Do You Do?

Home Forums Miscellany Community What Do You Do?

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 151 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

Pegasi:I have painted 2 fireplaces.It does wonders for the look of the age of the home when you do doesn’t it? I used a sponge brush for the grout and a roller for the bricks.Worked great.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Setsunawolf
      Participant

I need to get tips for when I replace the bathroom window trim. It’s wood….in the shower….I’m worried I’ll damage the tile on the shower back splash. I need to replace the window first, but that one isn’t scheduled to be replace for another year or so. I have windows in worse shape that will be replaced first.😰

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
        Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
        Sun Dragon Koi #3

pipsxlch
        Participant

Wow, what a transformation! Great job!

Bodine
          Participant

My daughter Amber got her big tank she has been wanting this weekend.She put the stand together while we unpacked It and got It inside.It took 4 of us to carry and lift this tank in place.We drug it on cardboard in the house and had to lift over 300 lbs.I hope that stand built for it holds.Can’t wait to see it ready.

20200913_1455502

Bodine
            Participant

I am finishing another house today.Complete make over.I really love these colors together.The name is “Reflections”@Sherwin Williams.
              Any of you ladies that don’t mind hard work but decent pay,think about being self employed?Try something outside the box,and it always makes me smile to see one complete.Don’t think for one minute that a woman cannot do this and perhaps better than men.My bosses no longer hire the men for inside work,they call Mimi😆

20210912_1232002

Megan
              Participant

That looks really lovely! Renews my desire to tear up the carpet my furballs are ruining and put down wood floors…

Bodine
                Participant

Megan,in my opinion,that is a great idea.When I tear up carpet…oh my goodness.When you think about how much of that you are actually inhaling,you would get it up.RigidCore Laminated Plank flooring is the bomb.It lays down fairly easy with a tough rubber bottom.A little pricey but there are different types.Tough too.There is of courses,regular laminate flooring,simple to lay.If your home,this really is an excellent alternative,easy to clean is a huge plus for me.My furries come in and out so no more carpet for me ever.

20210913_1627482

20210913_1628062

Bodine
                  Participant

We used some as the vanity counter top.That is the wood underneath it.Not necessary on floors so no worries there.It is actually easy on your feet too.I like it a lot.

Bodine
                    Participant

I need to get tips for when I replace the bathroom window trim. It’s wood….in the shower….I’m worried I’ll damage the tile on the shower back splash. I need to replace the window first, but that one isn’t scheduled to be replace for another year or so. I have windows in worse shape that will be replaced first.😰

I wish I could help you on that but I haven’t tackled that problem yet.

Bodine
                      Participant

Complete color changes and cleaned it in 28hrs.All done and rented already.😊

20210913_1414162

20210913_1414042

20210913_1414282

pipsxlch
                        Participant

Wish I could come apprentice under you, Mimi. Gorgeous job.😍

Bodine
                          Participant

Awww thanks luv.Just like painting a sculpture only less colors, bigger lines to follow, and you can’t drop it😆

pipsxlch
                            Participant

I like how I got the bedroom painted, but haven’t done the whole house- or replaced flooring, cabinetry… you got me beat! Best I’ve done is patched holes in the wall.

Bodine
                              Participant

Cabinets are a matter of replacing most of the time but you can repair with wood puffy,replace hinges and paint.You would be surprised.
                                The flooring depends on the type of course.Most is fairly simple but plays hell with your back and knees.The laminate is easier than you think except at corners/doors.UGH! Lol Do yourself a favor and buy an extra box for errors.Otherwise you just pop it into the next board and tap it tight.Don’t forget to stagger the pattern or it will snap loose everywhere within months of use.Guys just make us women think we can’t do it.Too hard.Hard on the body,no doubt.No offence guys but we can do it too😁

Bodine
                                Participant

I clean airplanes too😊

20211103_1510422

20211103_1510233

20211103_1356252

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 151 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.