fbpx

"Volcano" Keeper – Progress photo #1 – Pg. 46

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone "Volcano" Keeper – Progress photo #1 – Pg. 46

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 711 total)
  • Author
    NirvanaCat13
    Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

In this case, the clichΓ© of noble savages vs. “civilized”, “techonologically advanced,” whatever you want to call it, invaders, including of course a heartless, bloodthirsty colonel. I probably shouldn’t put too much effort into tearing apart a movie I haven’t watched, but what I know of the story makes me think I can put those hours to better use, so I’m skipping it.

Oh you mean the whole “Cowboys and Indians” motiff? Or the “We’re parasitic life sucking creatures that destroy anything beautiful for a proffit” one? Ya there were quite a few cliche political agenda messages there…..

Now don’t get me wrong, I LOVED the movie, special effects were awesome and creature design was amazing….just have to let the cynic out for a little bit 😳

Stephanie
      Participant

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

In this case, the clichΓ© of noble savages vs. “civilized”, “techonologically advanced,” whatever you want to call it, invaders, including of course a heartless, bloodthirsty colonel. I probably shouldn’t put too much effort into tearing apart a movie I haven’t watched, but what I know of the story makes me think I can put those hours to better use, so I’m skipping it.

Oh you mean the whole “Cowboys and Indians” motiff? Or the “We’re parasitic life sucking creatures that destroy anything beautiful for a proffit” one? Ya there were quite a few cliche political agenda messages there…..

Now don’t get me wrong, I LOVED the movie, special effects were awesome and creature design was amazing….just have to let the cynic out for a little bit 😳

Yes there are quite a few cliche political agenda messages in the movie…. yet the movie was AWESOME…

Kujacker
        Participant

Jennifer wrote:

frozendragon wrote:

Kujacker wrote:

So I saw Avatar. But I really didn’t. Both are true. Too pack theatre+being forced to sit on top of the screen=vomitty me. So I saw the beginning and the end of the movie. The rest was spent in the hallway. Oh lawls.

I have a question for those who have seen the movie. People tell me there is a sex scene in it. I won’t watch movies with sex in it. So… what is the scene anyway? Does it totally scream sex scene or no? People can over exaggerate. But people can also under exaggerate. So… care to answer a strange question? Lol.

she’s sitting in his lap basically and they’re kissing.. most people would assume there would be sex from that.. but to me, it didn’t say they were having sex.. and then it cuts away quickly anyway so it’s all up to the person’s imagination.. of course that could be why people are saying there is a sex scene.. most people have dirty imaginations..

I’m with you here. I hate ‘sex scenes’ but this scene didn’t read as a sex scene to me. It didn’t bother me and I’m terribly squicked by sex scenes.

I’m glad I’m not alone about sex in movies… I can only continue to research a movie before I watch it (imdb ftw).
          And I’m also very glad that the scene really isn’t as bad as many people told me. If I do end up actually seeing it (again? Okay, more than just 30 minutes of a 3 hours film lol), I won’t have to worry about a convenient “bathroom break”.
          πŸ˜€

Jennifer
          Keymaster

The scene that some apparently found questionable took a very tiny amount of time in the film. The camera crops in on the two, they embrace and kiss and the scene ended, possibly in less time than it takes you to read this post. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Amanda
            Participant

I haven’t seen Avatar yet (though my mom said it was fantastic) but I just thought I’d pop in and mention that I just read that there was a sex scene shot that will be included in the DVD version. (not sure if that was posted yet!)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/05/avatar-sex-scene-deleted_n_411642.html

Kujacker
              Participant

Uh. Well. Yikes. Better see the movie in theatres then or hope they make a “non-special edition” dvd. πŸ™„

frozendragon
                Participant

Kujacker wrote:

Uh. Well. Yikes. Better see the movie in theatres then or hope they make a “non-special edition” dvd. πŸ™„

usually on those it’s only in the extras with the deleted scenes.. they don’t usually change the movie back..

so just don’t watch the deleted scenes.. LOL

siberakh1
                  Participant

So for anyone who has seen the movie, is it worth seeing in IMAX 3D or just the 3D? It means a good 40 minute drive vs. 15 minutes for just the regular.

The mall 45 minutes from me has Avatar, Avatar 3D, and Avatar IMAX: 3D. My regular mall has just Avatar.

NirvanaCat13
                    Participant

WAY totaly worth seeing on IMAX:3D, make a dinner day trip out of it with the family or friends.

And if you’re of that particular life style, smoke some weed or drop some acid before seeing it. >.< sorry just so many pretty glow in the dark colors I can't help but thing how fun that would be…..like a rave, but more….animaly. Not that I know from personal experience. No really, I don't, but we saw it on the IMAX:3D and would definitely pay to see it again. Our friends saw it on the other 3D format and said it was pretty spectacular too, but if you're gonna do it, do the real thing IMHO.

Now can we let MGutz have her thread back? I just totaly realized we’ve hijacked it for the last 3 pages LoL

Adaneth
                      Participant

I saw it regular 3d the first time, then IMAX 3d, and it is definitely worth it to shell out a few extra bucks/drive a little bit farther. πŸ˜€ (Just can’t afford to see it at IMAX every weekend, bummer)

LadyFirebird
                        Participant

KoishiiKitty wrote:

Soulscape wrote:

I’m suprised to see the Avatar fandom reach this corner of the internet! Now it makes me think of what would windstones look like in the world of pandora lol
                          Kudos for you. I am absolutely in love with Avatar too and would agree to wanting to live how they do πŸ™‚

OMG windstone dragon morphed to alien form!!!! I have pictures in my head now Nuke!!!!

Ooooo Koishii, ya think if someone got hold of a Keeper you could paint that vision??????!!!

LadyFirebird
                          Participant

machineguts wrote:

I’m excited to let everyone know that I was able to nab one of the Keepers last week during the run of small batches. He should be arriving soon, possibly tomorrow!

In honor of the movie “Avatar”, I will be painting him in Na’vi inspired colors and markings. He will also be applied with various luminescent powders, so like the Na’vi, his distinct markings will glow in the dark and under blacklight. And yes, he has green eyes. πŸ™‚

I will update with tons of progress pics, so stay tuned! πŸ˜€

I am so going to look forward to seeing this! Sounds absolutely fanastic–literally out of this world!! πŸ˜†

Jennifer
                            Keymaster

We drove over 85 miles to get to the IMAX (3D) to see it there, and it was worth it. If I could afford it we’d do it again. Definitely worth it if it’s feasible for you to see it that way. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                              My art: featherdust.com

Xtharsa
                              Participant

Yes it was the colonial theme…but really thats what happened….the colonist lied to the indians repeatedly taking their lands, slaughtering their families. On top of that they almost killed off beavers, buffalo and bird species. They almost wiped the indians out of existence too. Instead they enslaved them, tore their culture apart and belittled them. Colored folk think they were the ones wronged the most. I say native americans had it the worst because after they were almost anilated they were also enslaved gawked at and made fun of. Today still native americans have the highest suicide rate of any minority or majority. So I believe this story is true even today. It isn’t clichΓ© and we now overlook the people pilgrims railroaded to steal and pillaged land from. I also hate people like my parents who are so racist that they believe native americans and colored people got what they deserved.

Sorry for the vent but it seems so much is left out in history classes these days no one knows or cares about the plight of native americans. πŸ™

Adaneth
                                Participant

Xtharsa wrote:

Yes it was the colonial theme…but really thats what happened….the colonist lied to the indians repeatedly taking their lands, slaughtering their families. On top of that they almost killed off beavers, buffalo and bird species. They almost wiped the indians out of existence too. Instead they enslaved them, tore their culture apart and belittled them. Colored folk think they were the ones wronged the most. I say native americans had it the worst because after they were almost anilated they were also enslaved gawked at and made fun of. Today still native americans have the highest suicide rate of any minority or majority. So I believe this story is true even today. It isn’t clichΓ© and we now overlook the people pilgrims railroaded to steal and pillaged land from. I also hate people like my parents who are so racist that they believe native americans and colored people got what they deserved.

Sorry for the vent but it seems so much is left out in history classes these days no one knows or cares about the plight of native americans. πŸ™

Don’t forget what the introduction of alcohol and European diseases did to the native populace, particularly in South and Central America. πŸ™ And what alcoholism still does to the Inuit and other natives to this day is just heartbreaking.

Machineguts needs to start painting that keeper now before this gets any more depressing! πŸ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 711 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.