fbpx

"Volcano" Keeper – Progress photo #1 – Pg. 46

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone "Volcano" Keeper – Progress photo #1 – Pg. 46

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 711 total)
  • Author
    machineguts
    Participant

machineguts
      Participant

I’m excited to let everyone know that I was able to nab one of the Keepers last week during the run of small batches. He should be arriving soon, possibly tomorrow!

In honor of the movie “Avatar”, I will be painting him in Na’vi inspired colors and markings. He will also be applied with various luminescent powders, so like the Na’vi, his distinct markings will glow in the dark and under blacklight. And yes, he has green eyes. πŸ™‚

I will update with tons of progress pics, so stay tuned! πŸ˜€

Maria
        Participant

Sounds good!

Adaneth
          Participant

Oooh, sounds interesting. Looking forward to seeing photos! πŸ˜€ Have fun painting!

frozendragon
            Participant

I love the glow in the dark stuff.. I did a couple glow in the dark dragons before the Keepers came out..

I can’t remember who got them though.. LOL

It is definitely interesting stuff to work with! πŸ˜€

KoishiiKitty
              Participant

ooooo, you know i will want to see that one!

Stephanie
                Participant

No kidding! Sounds sweet! And there are so many creatures to paint from out of Avatar! That movie is GOOD!

machineguts
                  Participant

For those of you that haven’t seen the movie/aren’t sure what they look like, here are a few pics of the Na’vi and their distinct markings. πŸ™‚

The markings actually sort of remind me of Koishii’s Tiger Magpies. But are very cool indeed…I look forward to seeing your Keeper! πŸ˜€

PurpleTurtle
                    Participant

I look forward to seeing a Keeper done that way. Very cool 8) .

bayoudragon
                      Participant

Most definitely looking forward to this one, MGutz. I’ve seen the movie twice now, and have plans to see it again with another friend. 😳

KoishiiKitty
                        Participant

thier markings are actually pretty common in the animal world, from tropical fish, to reptiles, and you can see hints of the cat striping in there.
                          It also has become a popular pattern for paleo art as well. a lot of books now show therapods and hadrosaurs with a very fine striping look.

machineguts
                          Participant

I’ve quickly grown very fond of the Na’vi, and bashfully I must admit that I wish I could be one of them. πŸ˜€

KoishiiKitty
                            Participant

machineguts wrote:

I’ve quickly grown very fond of the Na’vi, and bashfully I must admit that I wish I could be one of them. πŸ˜€

you and me both!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 711 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.