fbpx

"Volcano" Keeper – Progress photo #1 – Pg. 46

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone "Volcano" Keeper – Progress photo #1 – Pg. 46

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 711 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I’m waiting for critter excerpts to hit YouTube; that’ll be enough for me. Lame storylines irk me.

Define lame!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
      Keymaster

frozendragon wrote:

Kujacker wrote:

So I saw Avatar. But I really didn’t. Both are true. Too pack theatre+being forced to sit on top of the screen=vomitty me. So I saw the beginning and the end of the movie. The rest was spent in the hallway. Oh lawls.

I have a question for those who have seen the movie. People tell me there is a sex scene in it. I won’t watch movies with sex in it. So… what is the scene anyway? Does it totally scream sex scene or no? People can over exaggerate. But people can also under exaggerate. So… care to answer a strange question? Lol.

she’s sitting in his lap basically and they’re kissing.. most people would assume there would be sex from that.. but to me, it didn’t say they were having sex.. and then it cuts away quickly anyway so it’s all up to the person’s imagination.. of course that could be why people are saying there is a sex scene.. most people have dirty imaginations..

I’m with you here. I hate ‘sex scenes’ but this scene didn’t read as a sex scene to me. It didn’t bother me and I’m terribly squicked by sex scenes.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

Anonymous

Jennifer wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I’m waiting for critter excerpts to hit YouTube; that’ll be enough for me. Lame storylines irk me.

Define lame!

LOL

Ooooh, I may watch this thread now! 👿

I haven’t seen the movie, but will probably wait to buy it. The special effects artwork looks worth the price, without care for a storyline. But what DOES look worth watching is this thread :::sits and pulls up a chair:::

j/k!

machineguts
          Participant

What do you guys think, should I paint this Keeper with the markings of a Banshee first, or should I go ahead and do the Na’vi theme? I’m anxious to do both, and since we don’t know when Keepers will hit the store again I’d like to make a choice before I start on him. I’m actually leaning more towards doing a Banshee first! 🙂

KoishiiKitty
            Participant

I am partial to the banshee…but I have this think for blaring color combos…

frozendragon
              Participant

machineguts wrote:

What do you guys think, should I paint this Keeper with the markings of a Banshee first, or should I go ahead and do the Na’vi theme? I’m anxious to do both, and since we don’t know when Keepers will hit the store again I’d like to make a choice before I start on him. I’m actually leaning more towards doing a Banshee first! 🙂

depends one which idea is stuck more in your head.. one of my friends suggested doing the big thingy.. I forget its name.. they red, yellowy one..

Stephanie
                Participant

Leonopteryx…. Turk (needs the little dots above the u) Or “Last Shadow”

machineguts
                  Participant

I thought about doing him, but I decided to stick with one of the other two for now. 🙂

PurpleTurtle
                    Participant

I find it little amusing when some people get upset about “sex scenes” in a flick but will have no problem with the violence within the same film :scratch: . There was plenty of violence in Avatar. Lots of death and killing. I winced every time a poor critter got killed. Of course I was rooting for the Na’vi taking out as many humans as possible 😆 . But Heaven forbid there be a positive, loving interaction between two characters. I just don’t get the logic :scratch: . Anyways, that’s just my opinion 😳 .

Jennifer wrote:

frozendragon wrote:

Kujacker wrote:

So I saw Avatar. But I really didn’t. Both are true. Too pack theatre+being forced to sit on top of the screen=vomitty me. So I saw the beginning and the end of the movie. The rest was spent in the hallway. Oh lawls.

I have a question for those who have seen the movie. People tell me there is a sex scene in it. I won’t watch movies with sex in it. So… what is the scene anyway? Does it totally scream sex scene or no? People can over exaggerate. But people can also under exaggerate. So… care to answer a strange question? Lol.

she’s sitting in his lap basically and they’re kissing.. most people would assume there would be sex from that.. but to me, it didn’t say they were having sex.. and then it cuts away quickly anyway so it’s all up to the person’s imagination.. of course that could be why people are saying there is a sex scene.. most people have dirty imaginations..

I’m with you here. I hate ‘sex scenes’ but this scene didn’t read as a sex scene to me. It didn’t bother me and I’m terribly squicked by sex scenes.

bayoudragon
                      Participant

purpleturtle wrote:

I find it little amusing when some people get upset about “sex scenes” in a flick but will have no problem with the violence within the same film :scratch: . There was plenty of violence in Avatar. Lots of death and killing. I winced every time a poor critter got killed. Of course I was rooting for the Na’vi taking out as many humans as possible 😆 . But Heaven forbid there be a positive, loving interaction between two characters. I just don’t get the logic :scratch: . Anyways, that’s just my opinion 😳 .

LOL… For me, when sex is put on the screen, it belittles the interaction and turns it into an exhibition-voyeur situation. And I’m not into either one of those catergories, so I prefer movies leave it out. A passionate kiss I’m OK with, but I feel I should not be watching other people have sex. It makes me very uncomfortable. Does that make sense? 😳

PurpleTurtle
                        Participant

Absolutely :yes: !

If it’s in a love story I am game, but if it’s an action movie, the sex in it sometimes can be very offensive. But, I usually don’t go to the theatre, as it has been since Signs was on the big screen that I went. So, I usually choose to use the bathroom when I run across those. 😉

Maria
                          Participant

Jennifer wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Define lame!

In this case, the cliché of noble savages vs. “civilized”, “techonologically advanced,” whatever you want to call it, invaders, including of course a heartless, bloodthirsty colonel. I probably shouldn’t put too much effort into tearing apart a movie I haven’t watched, but what I know of the story makes me think I can put those hours to better use, so I’m skipping it.

Bodine
                            Participant

😆 I can’t wait to see the art work myself 😆

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Jennifer
                              Keymaster

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Jennifer wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Define lame!

In this case, the cliché of noble savages vs. “civilized”, “techonologically advanced,” whatever you want to call it, invaders, including of course a heartless, bloodthirsty colonel. I probably shouldn’t put too much effort into tearing apart a movie I haven’t watched, but what I know of the story makes me think I can put those hours to better use, so I’m skipping it.

That’s fair. I loved it but then again I don’t mind going to movies where I already know the story. I mean, I already knew exactly what the Lord of the Rings trilogy was about long before the movie (having read the books) but I went and loved them anyway. 🙂 Some story themes are timeless.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 711 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.