fbpx

'Stuff We Don't Have' part of Store

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion 'Stuff We Don't Have' part of Store

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

Perhaps you should call it “Things We May Restock in the Future”, assuming that is what it is. “”Stuff We Don’t Have” is very off-putting and unprofessional. It is already obvious that you don’t have the item because it is out of stock. If I was new to Windstone and just came across the website, my reaction would probably be “WTF – Why bother with them?”

etruscan
      Participant

Following up on my earlier comment (have to think about something while doing the dishes), is this part of the store items that are not currently in production but have not been retired? Are you trying to determine if there is interest in having more made?

IF you could have the button read “I would like to have this restocked” instead of “Notify when back in stock”, and IF the title was changed to indicate these are items that might be restocked, I think it could actually be useful.

Scathach
        Participant

Perhaps you should call it “Things We May Restock in the Future”, assuming that is what it is. “”Stuff We Don’t Have” is very off-putting and unprofessional. It is already obvious that you don’t have the item because it is out of stock. If I was new to Windstone and just came across the website, my reaction would probably be “WTF – Why bother with them?”

Good idea!

Life is beautiful.

Scathach
          Participant

Following up on my earlier comment (have to think about something while doing the dishes), is this part of the store items that are not currently in production but have not been retired? Are you trying to determine if there is interest in having more made?

IF you could have the button read “I would like to have this restocked” instead of “Notify when back in stock”, and IF the title was changed to indicate these are items that might be restocked, I think it could actually be useful.

Equally good idea!

Life is beautiful.

John
            Keymaster

This is a work in progress and all your input is really helpful. The store was a mess and, with all the “out of stock” items in the different categories, a new customer arriving for the first time would think we were selling out and closing up, or something to that effect.

So, I decided to, first, clean out the retired and least likely to be produced soon pieces and then figure out how, exactly, to arrange it later. Asking who would like to see an item re-stocked is a good idea for those things that are in the “maybe we will make some more” category. I left some “out of stock” items in the store that I consider to be a more solid part of the regular line, but it’s a pretty subjective call at this point.

We may be combining a few of the sparsely populated categories as well. And we will create a retired category so the pieces still display for identification purposes.

Sirithiliel
              Participant

Oooh okay. Thanks John, that really helps. I was very confused =) though I do hope to see some of the sculpts in the new category come back in stock again….,=P

Scathach
                Participant

This is a work in progress and all your input is really helpful. The store was a mess and, with all the “out of stock” items in the different categories, a new customer arriving for the first time would think we were selling out and closing up, or something to that effect.

So, I decided to, first, clean out the retired and least likely to be produced soon pieces and then figure out how, exactly, to arrange it later. Asking who would like to see an item re-stocked is a good idea for those things that are in the “maybe we will make some more” category. I left some “out of stock” items in the store that I consider to be a more solid part of the regular line, but it’s a pretty subjective call at this point.

We may be combining a few of the sparsely populated categories as well. And we will create a retired category so the pieces still display for identification purposes.

Ohh just saw the new store home page and wonder if “retired” means never to be made again.
                  Out of stock means that it could/maybe/possible/hopefully be made again?

Life is beautiful.

KaytanaPhoenix
                  Participant

I like the “retired” category being added. Should maybe rename the “stuff we don’t have” category to “Out of Stock items” or “Out of stock but not retired!” or something.. something doesn’t seem quite right to me about the “Stuff we don’t have” name.

Also wondering if it’s possible to rework and update the Products Gallery: http://windstoneeditions.com/products_gallery

I could get what I was wanting from the shop here and you could still have the shop the way you want.
                    I was thinking refine the categories to things like Dragons > Sculpts > List of colors. just like the store had. But instead of leading to the shop, have just a list with the store photo, ‘n just saying if it is Production, Limited Production, Signed Limited Production and Grab Bag *insert release name here*
                    I like being able to see all the different grab bag store photos.. and I could see and compare which color I like more on a sculpt easily with this, without the store looking like it’s nothing but empty… and I can also quickly and easily see if the color I like is still being made or if it is retired.

If this makes sense?

John
                    Keymaster

It will be a while before we can implement this, but I want to have a second way to shop that is simply the whole product line in thumbnails. You see something that you like, click on it, and buy it. I hate long lists of products like we now have but, as that is what most people are used to, we will keep what we have and just make shopping by pictures an option.

When I am searching on Google for tools and materials I have started to just go to Google Images and quickly look for what I want or to find things I have never seen before. So why not the store?

dragonshoard
                      Participant

Shouldn’t all the Red Fire dragons be put in retired? It has been said in multiple places that Red Fire and Ruby won’t ever be production again because red is such a hard color to work with.

Oh, and thanks for adding the Pebble Animals category.

Kiya
                        Participant

Shouldn’t all the Red Fire dragons be put in retired? It has been said in multiple places that Red Fire and Ruby won’t ever be production again because red is such a hard color to work with.

Oh, and thanks for adding the Pebble Animals category.

They’re still sorting things out I believe. 🙂 Not all the retired items are categorized correctly yet. It will probably take a few days to finish all the sorting.

Sirithiliel
                          Participant

It will be a while before we can implement this, but I want to have a second way to shop that is simply the whole product line in thumbnails. You see something that you like, click on it, and buy it. I hate long lists of products like we now have but, as that is what most people are used to, we will keep what we have and just make shopping by pictures an option.

When I am searching on Google for tools and materials I have started to just go to Google Images and quickly look for what I want or to find things I have never seen before. So why not the store?

Hmm this I just my opinion of course, but I prefer the category look. I like having them sorted by sculpt, and then having all available colors there. A example of why is that on my birthday list for a upcoming birthday I put male dragons, lap dragons, etc. it’d be easier to find that type in categories rather than in a big list. Now if you kept the categories but introduced a second way of shopping, that doesn’t seem too bad an idea, but I do like the categories myself =) just my thoughts….

KaytanaPhoenix
                            Participant

I pref category also..

Also, just wanted to point out something you may wanna change in the “stuff we won’t have for a while” category (Btw. I honestly would rename that to “Temporarily Out of Stock” to give a more professional appearance) – But the images on the ‘thumbnail’… you have 2, possibly 4 retired pieces on it, which to me is very misleading. I’d remove the Red Fire Male dragon, the old style Hatching dragon and maybe the Rainbow scratcher? unless the scratcher are still open production… and the “violet flame” fledge? I haven’t heard yes or no to the violet flame being retired or not.. but if it manages to make it on the retired list you’ll probably wanna use a different image there

Pam

I pref category also..

Also, just wanted to point out something you may wanna change in the “stuff we won’t have for a while” category (Btw. I honestly would rename that to “Temporarily Out of Stock” to give a more professional appearance) – But the images on the ‘thumbnail’… you have 2, possibly 4 retired pieces on it, which to me is very misleading. I’d remove the Red Fire Male dragon, the old style Hatching dragon and maybe the Rainbow scratcher? unless the scratcher are still open production… and the “violet flame” fledge? I haven’t heard yes or no to the violet flame being retired or not.. but if it manages to make it on the retired list you’ll probably wanna use a different image there

The problem with this category is that it won’t contain every out of stock item. Its only going to contain the out of stock items that we dont plan to restock anytime soon (i.e., dragons with pewter horns). So the question is, what do I call it so people will know that not EVERY out of stock item will be listed there?

Regarding the thumbnail, that is up to John, but I personally do not have the time to constantly update the thumbnail to coincide with what is or isn’t in that category :/ I can remove the retired stuff from the thumbnail, but it will eventually be outdated again. This is true of all the category thumbnails. Several thumbnails in the store show items that are no longer there (however, I have seen this before in other stores so I don’t think its very unusual).

Shotzy11
                                Participant

Maybe you could call it ‘suspended Items’ or ‘ postponed production’.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.