fbpx

'Stuff We Don't Have' part of Store

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion 'Stuff We Don't Have' part of Store

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Kiya
    Participant

Maybe you could call it ‘suspended Items’ or ‘ postponed production’.

I’ll tip my hat to anyone who can convince her to change it! ๐Ÿ˜€ Me and that category name are not BFFs.

Pam

I kind of like postponed production.

Amy
        Participant

Or, “Waiting to be Restocked”

etruscan
          Participant

The change to “Stuff We Won’t Have For Awhile” was an improvement. “Postponed Production” may not be the ultimate answer either, but I’m glad that people are thinking about ways to improve the store. We gripe and complain because we care! ๐Ÿ™‚

Oops – was typing during Amy’s “Waiting to be Restocked” message. That is another good suggestion.

Also, whatever we call the category has to be no longer than about 30 chartacters, including spaces.

The other thing is that some (many?) things in this category might not ever be restocked. I think the plan was that anything in this category would have no immediate plans for a restock (but none would be officially retired either), but if a bunch of people have clicked the notify button on something, then we might restock it.

Amy
            Participant

Also, whatever we call the category has to be no longer than about 30 chartacters, including spaces.

The other thing is that some (many?) things in this category might not ever be restocked. I think the plan was that anything in this category would have no immediate plans for a restock (but none would be officially retired either), but if a bunch of people have clicked the notify button on something, then we might restock it.

Ok, so something more like “May Eventually Restock”

Pam

Lol! I am between “may eventually restock” and “postponed production”. The later sounds very formal and professional, but yours, Amy, sounds so much more “windstone”.

Lol! I am between “may eventually restock” and “postponed production”. The later sounds very formal and professional, but yours, Amy, sounds so much more “windstone”.

“Production on hold”?
                “Due to technical difficulties”? ๐Ÿ˜‰
                “Don’t hold your breath!”

Whatever the title, it might also help to have a brief explanation for the category as a whole, beneath the title on the category page–not necessarily exact details, but something along the lines of, “Sometimes the unforeseeable happens and production of certain items has to be suspended for a time. These items are not considered retired right now, and may be restocked at some point, but we have no specific timetable for their return. Please click the notify (blah blah blah…)” Just a thought, since not everyone who goes to the shop is going to dig through the forums to learn that horns are out of stock, for example.

But another thing to consider: To me, there’s a pretty big difference between “out of stock, back within 90 days” (or pick a date/timeframe) versus “out of stock for a year or more due to the horn issue/paint/whatever”. The first makes me think I can wait, and Windstone will get my money directly–which to me is always preferred where possible. The latter tells me to start hunting the secondary market & expect to pay a premium–none of which Windstone receives. ๐Ÿ™

As a customer, I’m going to assume that if it falls into this “stuff” category, whatever name it ends up being, it’s something the store isn’t going to restock for a fairly long time. I’m honestly not sure if that’s a good or bad thing.

Pam

Whatever the title, it might also help to have a brief explanation for the category as a whole, beneath the title on the category page

I definitely want to do this, although right now there is no easy way to..

As a customer, I’m going to assume that if it falls into this “stuff” category, whatever name it ends up being, it’s something the store isn’t going to restock for a fairly long time.

That is the intention ๐Ÿ™‚ This category is for items that may not be restocked for months, or years, or maybe never.

dragonshoard
                  Participant

Just being nit-picky, but shouldn’t the Red Fire Emperor and the Red Fire Young also be moved to Retired?

Also, I guess technically the Rock Dragon and the Little Rock Dragon should be put in the “Stuff We Won’t Have For Awhile” category (at least until you decide to do them in gypsum) but that would (temporarily?) ‘eliminate’ the “Garden Art” category.

Pam

We are still moving things around ๐Ÿ™‚

dragonshoard
                      Participant

Pam, just FYI – when you moved a bunch of the dragons and removed several categories, the pictures on the dragon page didn’t get updated…

Pam

Pam, just FYI – when you moved a bunch of the dragons and removed several categories, the pictures on the dragon page didn’t get updated…

Yes, I noticed that. We are trying to fix it.

Chloe
                          Participant

I also noticed one of Melody’s Tiger Griffins now appears under Male Dragons in her eBay gallery. No big deal, just didn’t know if anyone noticed.

Pam

I also noticed one of Melody’s Tiger Griffins now appears under Male Dragons in her eBay gallery. No big deal, just didn’t know if anyone noticed.

Fixed.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.