fbpx

SPark's 2014-2015 PYOs

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone SPark's 2014-2015 PYOs

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 156 total)
  • Author
    LadyFirebird
    Participant

Those pieces are gorgeous! Can’t wait to see the griffin finished.

Amstaff
      Participant

That griffin looks like he is going to be so awesome ! I wish I could just sit and watch you paint, Im sure I would learn so much.

SPark
        Participant

That griffin looks like he is going to be so awesome ! I wish I could just sit and watch you paint, Im sure I would learn so much.

Hee. Mostly you would be bored. It’s slow going!

SPark
          Participant

Well, I went and put these up on ebay, because I’d really like to sell them soon, so I can buy a production piece or two. We’ll see how that goes!

I’m nearly done with another one, but I can’t post it yet. ๐Ÿ˜€

SPark
            Participant

I’m trying to decide what I want to do with this one. I like how it looks right now, but it might look better with more added details. I’m not sure. What do you guys think?

Landipan
              Participant

I really like the colors! I think the thing that would make him really pop would maybe some antiquing? I think that’d really make all the tiny details show up!

Either way, very lovely Kirin!

*Formerly meowmix101
                Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Kim
                Blocked

I like the colours a lot! Maybe dark pink antiquing on the scales or highlighting on them might make them pop more.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Lauren
                  Participant

Did you have any details or patterns you were specifically considering?

Prezaurian
                    Participant

Hm. I think antiquing might look good on this Kirin, but I’m not sure. Is there any way you could put up a more close up picture?

Amstaff
                      Participant

Very nice! Love those colors, and I agree, come antiquing, or some details added to the scales, would make it pop more ๐Ÿ˜‰

SPark
                        Participant

Did you click on it to get the full-sized image?

Prezaurian
                          Participant

Did you click on it to get the full-sized image?

I did not. I didn’t know I could before. ๐Ÿ˜€ But I have now. I think antiquing would enhance your kirin. But that is only an opinion. I’m not particularly talented at antiquing, but on metallic color schemes it often looks good from what I’ve seen on others pieces.

SPark
                            Participant

Just finished the bronze gold kirin. I decided you guys were right about antiquing, and it turned out fantastic.

P.S. I sold the other two, but the fire muse is still up for sale, just in case anybody’s interested.

Oh, and while I’m at it, have a sneak peek at my next couple of projects:

Watercolor PYOs! I got some of the Golden absorbent ground, and it works amazingly. Although I discovered that getting a perfect coat of a white base layer on a white statue is not easy. ๐Ÿ˜€

SPark
                              Participant

Well, I ended up working on this again today. I thought about waiting to post it, but it is WAY too amazing to not put up. Please click for larger pics.

Kim
                                Blocked

Very nice phoenix!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 156 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.