fbpx

SPark's 2014-2015 PYOs

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone SPark's 2014-2015 PYOs

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 156 total)
  • Author
    Amstaff
    Participant

Ok, thanks for the info ๐Ÿ™‚

SPark
      Participant

The psychedelic mother foo is all done, but taking pictures of glow in the dark stuff is such a pain in the butt I’ve been putting it off. Maybe when the willow-and-stone father is finished I’ll get pics of them both. It’s pretty much done too.

Amstaff
        Participant

Wow ! Those are beautiful ! The glow-in-the dark paint really shows up eh? How cool ! Amazing work ๐Ÿ™‚

jmoore
          Participant

Those are both awesome! I love both color schemes!

SPark
            Participant

Finally got pictures of the Psychedelic foo mother. And I finished the Willow-and-stone foo father too. (Click for larger images.)

SPark
              Participant

Noticed that a couple of my thumbnails didn’t properly link to the larger images. They should all do so now.

Also, put up these new guys in the classifieds section, if anybody’s interested, along with a few of my previous pieces too.

Prezaurian
                Participant

I like the pink blush across his face. It blends nicely into the blue. Very pretty.

SPark
                  Participant

Kinda a two-part post here. Part one, I haven’t had much luck trying to sell PYOs through the classifieds here, so I’ve decided to list mine on ebay. This is just kinda a “last chance” if anybody would rather just buy one rather than bid. My first post here shows the six I currently have for sale. Offers welcome.

Second, though, I’m trying to decide if I should list the foo pairs together, or in separate listings. What do people think?

Prezaurian
                    Participant

-sighs- I haven’t had any luck on the classifieds here either. So you definitely have my sympathies. And I wish you better luck than I had on eBay. I’ll cross my fingers for you!

Personally, I think you should list the foos separately (this is not based on experience, just an opinion). There are pros and cons to both ways. But someone who is interested in buying one sculpt might not want the other and it may discourage a bidder. On the other hand, people may want a matching set. But if they want a matching set so bad, they can still bid on both. Separately they have a better chance of earning more money for you. Together they might just get one bid and then you lose TWO pieces for a low price. I guess it depends on where you put your starting bid. I just know it would make me cry if I put a low starting bid price and only one person bid. Then your hard work goes for practically nothing!

Amstaff
                      Participant

SPark, I adore your work also, and like I told prezaurian in their thread, I just dont think the classifieds section here is easy to browse through. I only go there if Im really looking for something in particular, but Im not sure about how other people use it, so I cant speak for everyone. I just find it too time consuming to easily browse around seeing whats for sale and what-not. And most times I dont even think to go in that section to look, lol ! I kinda wish the classifieds section was a part of the forum, as then I would be more likely to randomly look at things there, and then maybe I would just have to have that certain piece that catches my eye, lol !

Anywho… ๐Ÿ˜‰

Someday I would like to own a piece of your work as well ๐Ÿ˜‰ Someday, when I get more money saved ๐Ÿ˜‰

dragonmedley
                        Participant

I just dont think the classifieds section here is easy to browse through. I only go there if Im really looking for something in particular, but Im not sure about how other people use it, so I cant speak for everyone. I just find it too time consuming to easily browse around seeing whats for sale and what-not. And most times I dont even think to go in that section to look, lol ! I kinda wish the classifieds section was a part of the forum, as then I would be more likely to randomly look at things there, and then maybe I would just have to have that certain piece that catches my eye, lol !

The classifieds were set up separately because people were each setting up a sales thread, sometimes with multiple items and updating it, sometimes one thread per item. Then others would respond with “good luck” and so on, some would bump their threads multiple times, new members would revive an old thread asking if the item was still available… it got messy, really.

I find the classifieds much easier to browse through compared to that. I just scroll down looking at the thumbnails to see if anything catches my attention.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

etruscan
                          Participant

I think the Classifieds work as they are. You do need to establish a habit of checking them. Having the newest items in a list at the bottom makes it easy to see what has been added.

When I come to the Windstone site I check the Classifieds first, just in case anything exciting has been listed, then glance at Melody’s Blog, and then move to the Forum itself.

Amstaff
                            Participant

dragonmedley, I never thought of that, I guess things could get quite messy eh!?

I think the Classifieds work as they are. You do need to establish a habit of checking them. Having the newest items in a list at the bottom makes it easy to see what has been added.

When I come to the Windstone site I check the Classifieds first, just in case anything exciting has been listed, then glance at Melody’s Blog, and then move to the Forum itself.

Sounds like a good method… maybe I gotta start doing this, lol !

Kim
                              Blocked

I always check the classifieds first too and just go down and click on any new ads that have come up since I last checked. Then I sometimes scroll through all the trade ads and sale ones just in case I missed any or any were updated. I also love your work SPark but I just have to get my finances in order. I was focusing so much on saving for the grab bags that I forgot about the pyos and production pieces I also wanted. I wish I had more money so I could just buy everything but I usually have to sell things first before I can buy more.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

dragonmedley
                                Participant

I wish I had more money so I could just buy everything.

I’m so there with you!

We should make this an official slogan or something…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 156 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.