SPark's 2014-2015 PYOs

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone SPark's 2014-2015 PYOs

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 156 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

Love the wolf very much bit really love the lava pieces.They are awesome.I have not tried one yet but I will now.Thank you for the tips,I needed them.Will be keeping an eye out for the blue one.Keep up the good work!

Every act matters.No matter how smallπŸ’ž
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🀞Dream on.

Ela_Hara
      Participant

After looking over your Lava tutorial I immediately thought of doing something similar in another color to the Fancy Ki-Rin I have! Thanks for the tips – I’ve done a similar sponge painting technique to interior walls. πŸ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
        Zeppard Adult Poads
        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

SPark
        Participant

I am finishing up a half-finished Muse I had leftover from a few years back. I think I’ve decided I don’t like doing the muses. I love the idea, and I love how a lot of other people’s muses look, but mine is just driving me nuts. They’re so busy, if you do every different texture differently, they turn into a mushy mess, but doing them all the same is boring, and I do not have the kind of design skills to find a better solution. πŸ˜› Oh well, I don’t have to do any more muses, right?

If I put up a commission post (which I’m thinking of) I will be having a no-muses rule!

Prezaurian
          Participant

Very nice work! Good to see another PYO artist. And thank you for the step by step! VERY interesting. I hadn’t considered sponge painting (which is a shame…because I HAVE sponges) before!

dragonmedley
            Participant

It’s wonderful to see you again πŸ™‚ I always loved your lava scheme!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

SPark
              Participant

Thanks, you guys! It is really awesome how nice everyone here is. πŸ™‚

Here’s the muse I just finished. (First muse, possibly last and only muse too. :bigsmile: ) I did a bunch of different fire and lava kinds of things, because I was really stumped on how to paint it, so I just kind of defaulted to stuff I know how to do. Will probably put this and the willow kirin up for sale when I get around to it. I put up a PYO commission post too, figured I might as well and I was bored last night.

Ela_Hara
                Participant

I like the way you did your ‘Firey’ Muse, especially the Scales and Feathers. πŸ™‚

I think I may be one of the few here who actually like painting the Muse – I think she’s a rather cute critter. I like oddball and quirky things, probably because I tend to be a little oddball (and Very quirky) myself! πŸ˜‰

Zeppard Adult Poads

SPark
                  Participant

He he he. Well, I think she’s cute too! I just also think she’s a pain in the butt to paint. πŸ˜€

Falcolf
                    Participant

Love your stuff SPark, especially that willow kirin! She’s gorgeous! πŸ˜€

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

SPark
                      Participant

Argh. I’m painting a griffin that is making me want to scream and break things. Sometimes I HATE interference paint. I thin it down so it won’t be white and chalky, and it doesn’t show up at all. So I add more layers… and it goes white and chalky anyway. Gah. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate.

SPark
                        Participant

Gave up on getting the interference to behave, switched the pearlx powders instead. Much better! πŸ˜€

Here’s a sneak peek of it:

Ela_Hara
                          Participant

Your griffin looks Really Nice so far, SPark! Love the way the Red eye make the other colors Pop! I like using the Metallic types of paint as well. πŸ˜€

I’ve gotten some Interference paints that I was going to try too. Sounds like they’re difficult to use as the primary paint on a piece. Perhaps they’re better as an accent paint? I’ll probably try them on something small after my Fall Swap piece.

Zeppard Adult Poads

SPark
                            Participant

It really depends on what you’re using them over. They interact with the layer underneath, sometimes in really neat ways, sometimes in very frustrating ways! But if you just paint them straight over the white gypsum, you’ll get almost nothing at all, while painting them over black without diluting them doesn’t work terribly well either.

Celestial Rainstorm
                              Participant

Gorgeous work! Simply stunning.

Finding happiness again.

Prezaurian
                                Participant

Handsome griffon! Looking forward to seeing him finished.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 156 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.