fbpx

So, what's next on the schedule? (Part 3)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody So, what's next on the schedule? (Part 3)

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 803 total)
  • Author
    merrillannwhite
    Participant

Love it!

LZ
      Participant

Totally looks like a fish!

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Bodine
        Participant

They are all beauties.I can’t afford one either right now but eventually I will get one.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Setsunawolf
          Participant

Has Windstone set a price point for these lovelies?

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
            Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
            Sun Dragon Koi #3

etruscan
            Participant

Another project from Melody’s Facebook page – 25 January 2019. For those who don’t know, Ayonah is a character in “The Veligent” and probably in “Rue Day” (since it is his world) though I don’t think we have seen him there yet:

Ayonah lion Kirin. Still poking at it

I’m still carving the mane

Ela_Hara
              Participant

Does anyone remember if Melody posted a comparison photo for size? Maybe he’s about the size of the Young Dragon sculpt?

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

etruscan
                Participant

I haven’t seen any comparison photos but according to one of Melody’s Facebook posts (January 26, 2018) the dragon is about 5 1/2″ tall. It sounds as though he is bigger than the unicorn colt (4 1/2″) and slightly smaller than the Young Dragon (5 3/4″ tall).

LZ
                  Participant

Based on the size, I was guessing the price for this grab bag would be similar to the unicorn colt, or more. He’s a pretty “big” guy for a grab bag.

Looking for...

etruscan
                    Participant

More Ayonah, for those who don’t know … Melody’s original WIP piece was stolen years ago. She’s working on a replacement.
                      From deviantArt:
                      The more people that see this sculpture the better. It was stolen!
                      One night, during one of our trips between houses in different states, our car was broken into and this work in progress sculpture, along with many other items, was stolen out of it. I am sure this sculpture ended up in a dumpster or in the bushes somewhere, but if anybody on the West coast of the USA happens to see something like this.. I would be delighted to hear about it. This happened in Stockton California.
                      He is white gypsum ( plaster) the horn and eyes were not glued in, and he is is about 9 inches long.
                      I have managed to approximate a replacement for this sculpture using the one mold we had made of the rough sculpture and starting over using this picture to match the new one as closely as I could. This one still looks better. though.

This figurine is made of unpainted white gypsum ( dense, heavy plaster), may or may not be mounted on a clear plexiglass plate. He has some bolt holes in the bottom. He probably no longer has the horn, because it wasn’t glued in.
                      He is about 10 inches long. Maybe it ended up in a junk shop or yard sale or something?? I haven’t given up.

fatalbeauty
                      Participant

I wonder if Melody could post a picture of the GB ori next to another sculpt so we can get a better gauge of their size?

4 things I'm looking for:
                        1. Mother Meerkat
                        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

etruscan
                        Participant

From Melody’s Facebook page (January 29):
                          The Young sitting Orie with a much wiser Sun dragon.To compare size.

Ela_Hara
                          Participant

OMG! OMG! Sooooo CUTE!
                            “Hey Daddy… Come play catch wit me! PWEEEZE!” LOL!

I’ve GOT to Get Me One of THESE! In the Wild N’Crazy Colors (no pastels though…)!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

LZ
                            Participant

If that was just pink and aqua, I would go nuts. I do like this one too. White with happy colors.

Thank you, Melody, for doing a grab bag without black as the primary color.

Looking for...

pipsxlch
                              Participant

So tempting, so adorable… no, I don’t collect oris or have the cash, no, I don’t collect oris or have the cash… I even love all the paint puke colors on these guys and I’m usually a fan of more muted colors and patterns. I hope everyone posts pics of the ones they get! It’ll be fun seeing them all.

Tim
                                Participant

I collect lions of all types, and live in the general part of the country where Ayonah disappeared. I will keep an eye out for Ayonah, although I have not seen many winged lions in my travels at all.

I have to agree with everyone else here: The oriental style dragons are beautiful. I just started taking an interest in oriental dragons and ki-rin this year, after we had an over-the-top Chinese lantern festival here for the summer.

A lion (or liger) is a man's best friend!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 803 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.