So, What # Kickstarter Dragon Did You Request?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone So, What # Kickstarter Dragon Did You Request?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 201 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

Aww, I know the feeling of the frustration. I think this order of messaging thing was a bit of a disaster. I never heard back either because I didn’t realize sending more than one message could mess me up. Maybe it would have been better to let people email their choice in order of backer or just let everyone pick from a livestream.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Ela_Hara
      Participant

I wanted one and sent my top five choices: #102, #99, #101, #95, and #115.
        I really was drawn to the Ember colors, most of the FireBirds and a few of the Napoleon General ones.

I actually figured up to 13 choices, but only sent my first five thinking that may be enough, but now I wish I had sent my entire list in. By the time my turn comes up most of my choices will probably be claimed. Oh well. I’ll find one I like or perhaps another Ember one can be painted – they weren’t as detailed as the FireBirds and Napoleons.

Hope everyone does end up with one they like.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Kim
        Blocked

For those still waiting, I just realized Melody posted this on Facebook an hour ago:

Yes we did break Kickstarter. The messages thing is occasionally short circuiting for me too. I noticed that it was mixing up messages I’ve sent to people! I think I’ve caught all the errors, but if you get a KS message saying you got dragons you didn’t request, that is why! Right now my “reply to messages” is frozen up, so I’m gonna get a cup of tea.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

LZ
          Participant

Only tea, or something a little stronger?? 😉

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

StormDancer
            Participant

Lol I know by now I’d be wanting something stronger.

The dragons I am hoping for are numbers 36, 77 and 109.
              I was backer 38, messaged within seconds of backing with no issue and still haven’t heard anything.

Looking for:
              "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Moonracer
              Participant

I am backer 102 just waiting to hear back if I managed to get any on my list.

50,117,104,10,& 107

We shall see

pipsxlch
                Participant

It took me a minute to update my info- hadn’t changed since the Veligent last year, so I didn’t realize they hadn’t kept it- and figure out what to hit where. So I’m backer #86. I just got the message from Ms. Melody that I’m getting my first choice #11. Yay! I loved my second choice #151 just as well, hope someone else gets it so I won’t be tempted to get a second!

Maybe some of the earlier backers who haven’t heard back yet chose more popular dragons, and Ms. Melody is trying to figure out who claimed first?

Silver Fox 77
                  Participant

I own two Windstone Edition dragons, the first one I actually found in an antique store and it is a ruby fledgling… This first one was the start of my Windstone addiction! I got that first dragon over 10 years ago. The second dragon is a keeper dragon PYO that I got as a birthday present from my grandmother and I was afraid to paint it for over five years for fear I would ruin it. (He’s painted now and I love him!). I have been DYING to actually buy my very own choice of dragon for years now and now that I have a job I was ready! And I’m sorry, but I just feel sick… I feel like I’m not going to get something that I was really hoping for and that is a special painted dragon in the colors I really love… I really wanted #80 a blue/indigo mixture with hints of black and silver if I remember it right… I don’t mean to blame anyone or give anyone a hard time but I’m just frustrated like everyone else and have to let it out. I can’t talk about it with my parents because they would NOT want to hear about this whole crazy fiasco and what I spent my money on… But it’s MY money and I have been waiting a LONG time for something like this! For a special Dragon that I get to choose. So again, I’m really just airing my frustrations and I wish I could say I’d be happy with whatever I end up with, but I won’t… I feel absolutely horrible about saying that because they are all so pretty in their own right, but I have just waited too long and worked too hard to get something other than what I was looking forward to receiving. Even if I were to get a reply to my message I feel pretty hopeless as I came in as the the 97th backer. I know it may take a few days for things to get sorted out, but I’m really going to have to assess whether the outcome will be worth that amount of money for me. I really mean no I’ll will to Melody in the slightest, it’s just a lot of money for me personally to spend and not have a choice in what I end up with. Does that make sense? I really don’t want to come off as a jerk about the whole thing. I really do feel awful. 🙁

Amy
                    Participant

I mistakenly though Paypal checkout was going to be an option, so I lost a lot of time typing in my CC number. Still all worked out though.

StormDancer
                      Participant

I know that everyone is frustrated right now and all I can offer is that Melody and crew bent over backwards, sideways and any other direction they could during the last Kickstarter to be certain everyone got poads they were happy with. Knowing Melody and Susie I have no doubt that they will do so again. The message system breaking down was unexpected and I have no doubt they are going cross-eyed trying to be sure they are fair to all in this situation.

Thank you Melody for sharing your artistic abilities with us all and for being so patient with trying to get everything all sorted out!

Looking for:
                        "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Zelda
                        Participant

Seconding StormDancer in thanks to Melody and the Windstone crew, I’m sure it’s been a chaotic day for them all. Who knew Kickstarter would have issues with all of the traffic and messages flying? Hopefully it will cause some improvements to their platform. Kinda nice to be a victim of success, right? 😀

I’m backer #61, pledged for 2 and am hoping for #115 and 32, with #80 and #40 as backup choices. We’ll see how things turn out. And there’s always the chance for swapping, etc. down the road.

I remember how complicated choosing Poads over the livestreams for the last Kickstarter was, with those who weren’t able to tune in at a particular time missing out. And Melody et. al. went above and beyond to work through the snags then too. The messaging idea this time around seemed better on paper, and it’s a shame things went sideways on Kickstarter’s end.

I’ll also say that I’m looking forward to eventually seeing these dragons in their new homes!

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Amy
                          Participant

I spoke to Susie yesterday and mentioned that we were gonna break Kickstarter.

I think the Windstone community has shown time and time again that we have the power to take down whatever website is hosting the purchasing process for any kind of special release of pieces. I honestly anticipate whatever site we’re dealing with to go down at some point during events like this.

I will be impressed if they ever manage to find a platform that can handle the sheer immensity of the passion everyone in the community feels for these pieces.

And I am very thankful to Melody and everyone on the crew because they have to deal with this every time it happens.

melkatsa
                            Participant

No word yet, but I’m backer 46 and requested one of 4, 158, or 34. Whittled down my long list to those three, but maybe I should have left it long!

drag0nfeathers
                              Participant

I havent heard either but the poor woman has to eat some time. I’m surprised she got back to as many today as she did.
                                Maybe we will get some news tomorrow.

Got a busted Windstone?
                                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                Calypso Hatching Empress
                                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Copper83
                                Participant

Silver Fox 77, you can cancel your pledge anytime before the campaign ends. Maybe wait and find something in the Windstone store or in the classified section. Or hang in there and see what else Melody paints for the Kickstarter. Try not to stress too much.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 201 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.