fbpx

Retired Windstones at stores – updated with more!

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Retired Windstones at stores – updated with more!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

*Sigh* Might as well go ahead and post this. I was considering getting the unicorn gargoyle for myself but the cat’s out of the bag now.

In his store (Nature’s Treasures) this afternoon the only retired piece was a lap dragon in peacock. He’s asking $165 for it. The piece is mint and he does have the box. He will do layaway and is willing to ship.

He did mention to me that he is all out of Kirin familys. After a “family group” retires he prefers to sell the pieces together. He did have one lone male kirin that he was going to call someone about after I left.

He did mention the oriental family in green (he couldn’t remember if they were dark or light) to me as well but didn’t quote a price at the time, just the desire to sell them as a family.

He also mention possibly having the mushroom ring candlelamp. His shop doesn’t have much storage space so some things are kept at a separate storage facility. That’s where the retired pieces seem to be right now. A few years ago he had a mall store, but closed it for various reasons. Stuff got stored and forgotten. He may even unearth other pieces later, there’s no telling.

The store’s contact information:
      Nature’s Treasures
      213 W. Saint Julian Street
      Savannah, Ga 31401
      (912) 234-1238

As for the other shop in Savannah, she had several retired pieces in the store. The retired pieces were:
      Rainbow Mother Dragon $142
      Emerald Hatching Dragon $58
      Sea Jewel $126
      Wizard Woodlore x2 $120

She also offers layaway and shipping. The way she does her shipping is she takes it to UPS and they bill the purchaser directly.

She also still has several copies of the Winter 2005 catalogue with the Rock Dragon on the front. She gave me a handful (she still had more) if anyone would like one.

The store’s contact information:
      A Fine Choice
      20 West State Street
      Savannah Ga 31401
      (912) 650-1845

If anyone’s interested in the current production pieces they had in their stores let me know and I can list them here as well. It was nice to see Windstones in mass quantity again. I finaly got to see some of the dragons in rainbow, ruby, gold and emerald peacock in person and I have to say I’m not too fond of any of the colors. I miss the old peacock and emerald dragons.

Lokie
      Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

He did mention the oriental family in green (he couldn’t remember if they were dark or light) to me as well but didn’t quote a price at the time, just the desire to sell them as a family.

The price for the set which includes the Oriental Sun Dragon, Original Oriental Dragon, and Young is $355.00. They are in their original boxes, never displayed, and he double boxes all his Windstones for shipping.

Maria
        Participant

$355 for all three is a steal! 😯

Jennifer
          Keymaster

pegasi1978 wrote:

*Sigh* Might as well go ahead and post this. I was considering getting the unicorn gargoyle for myself but the cat’s out of the bag now.

Cat’s out of the bag? What do you mean?

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

I think maybe it was gone? πŸ™
            I keep watching the ones on ebay…But it wasn’t me who bought that one. I am trying to save up and pay off my layaway so I can see my first Scratcher. πŸ˜•

Maria
            Participant

All those Windstones and you don’t have a Scratcher, WSC?

Pegasi1978
              Participant

Nambroth wrote:

pegasi1978 wrote:

I was hoping to not have the piece mentioned because I knew there are lots of folks looking for it and I was/am considering getting it.

Jennifer
                Keymaster

pegasi1978 wrote:

Nambroth wrote:

pegasi1978 wrote:

I was hoping to not have the piece mentioned because I knew there are lots of folks looking for it and I was/am considering getting it.

Oh I see! Well if it makes you feel any better, I would have mentioned him and the guardian dragon gargoyle if I had remembered, it was a busy weekend and I just forgot about some of them.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

it’s not problem. I was just happy to see so many Windstones again, and so many that I’ve never gotten to see in person either scupt wise or color wise. He said he would hold the Unicorn Gargolye for me through Saturday so I’m going to go see it in person and make a decision then.

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

pegasi1978 wrote:

it’s not problem. I was just happy to see so many Windstones again, and so many that I’ve never gotten to see in person either scupt wise or color wise. He said he would hold the Unicorn Gargolye for me through Saturday so I’m going to go see it in person and make a decision then.

That was nice of him! He was a really sweet man. πŸ™‚

Pegasi1978
                      Participant

Nambroth wrote:

pegasi1978 wrote:

That was nice of him! He was a really sweet man. πŸ™‚

He was and he remembered you’re visit. He is very enthusiatic about Windstones as well. He likes them, that’s why he sells them. Seems like the best kind of dealer too me.

Pegasi1978
                        Participant

Barrdwing wrote:

I talked to the guy at Nature’s Treasures this morning. He’s very nice and was quite helpful. They still have the Lap Dragon in Peacock and a Unicorn Gargoyle, and possibly another set of the Oriental Dragons in Jade (he was sure of one set, but not the second). I was really surprised about the Oriental Dragons. He said that since they were retired, the store would only sell them in “family groups” of all three–this may explain why they still had some. They also keep the original boxes, and they double-box for shipping. πŸ˜€
                          I ordered a set of the Oriental Dragons; I don’t know if they’ll be the dark jade or the more emerald shade. I think I must be stark staring bonkers, doing this so soon after a move. 😳 I get into trouble at garage sales, too: “It’s a good deal! Who cares if it’s a stuffed owl and the Encyclopedia of the World in Thirty Volumes! It’s a good deal!” πŸ™„

I talked to John today and showed him a picture with emerald vs. jade orientals and said everyone who bought the oriental families from him got the brighter emerald color. Hope that’s okay with you!

Heather
                          Participant

Cool by me! I actually prefer the lighter green Orientals over the dark jade. (Which is probably just as well, considering the jades are rare.) I sure hope they get here OK!

pegasi1978 wrote:

You just need/want parents right or do you need baby too? I’ll ask if they will accept orders over the phone and are willing ship things. If they don’t I can go back and get things and then ship them out.

If he truly hasn’t marked them up from when they retired baby kirin was $25, male kirin was $84 and mother kirin was $76. Those are the last prices listed on the pieces at Astral Castle.

Yea, let me know I want the entire KiRin family. I would love to have them!! Thank you Pegasi! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜€ You can pm me when you find out if you like. Thanks Again. πŸ˜€

Barrdwing wrote:

Cool by me! I actually prefer the lighter green Orientals over the dark jade. (Which is probably just as well, considering the jades are rare.) I sure hope they get here OK!

Me too, I have one of the ORIGINALS, I have had it since I was 13(30now UGHLOL), I wouldnt give him up for nothing hehe πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.