fbpx

Report Windstone Fakes/Knock offs/Infringment Pls read first

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Report Windstone Fakes/Knock offs/Infringment Pls read first

Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 1,070 total)
  • Author
    Mercury Star
    Participant

Whatever they are, recasts or repaints, they are super dusty! Is it really that hard to clean them up before snapping a photo? YUCK!

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Whatever they are, recasts or repaints, they are super dusty! Is it really that hard to clean them up before snapping a photo? YUCK!

Actually, bad/rushed airbrushing and/or sealing with a spray sealant can create that look too. Or even spray-painting can do that. I’ve accidentally made this mistake in the past, though such mistakes never make it to be shown of course! I can’t tell if they are dusty or just poorly painted.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Nina
        Participant

Ok so I’m not sure about this one, I think it might be just a bad repaint. The odd thing is first time they listed it, they listed it as a test paint, which as you can tell by the paint job there is no way Windstone would have painted it. They then changed it to repaint by unknown artist but here is the thing, it gets bids, ends/sales and then is reposted. I’ve seen the same pictures on the same listing start at .99 to $400 and every time it’s listed it gets bids, then is listed over again. Now I know sometimes buyers don’t pay, but seams like they might say why it’s being relisted like 4 or 5 times. Starting to wonder if they did cast it & are just using the same photo?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200911150044?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Tara
          Participant

Of the completed listings I can see for that item they are all red(not sold) no green listings. The only previous listing still viewable that got bids has reserve not met. I’m pretty sure that the previous time this item came up here the bidder was a WS member saw the post about it not being an official paint job and withdrew the bid. At least now they’re not trying to pass it off as Melody’s paint job.

Jennifer
            Keymaster

That one has come up before in the last few months, here is a thread about it: http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/just-so-everyone-clear

Since they are not misrepresenting the item any more, they aren’t technically breaking any sort of copyright laws.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

Nina
              Participant

Of the completed listings I can see for that item they are all red(not sold) no green listings. The only previous listing still viewable that got bids has reserve not met. I’m pretty sure that the previous time this item came up here the bidder was a WS member saw the post about it not being an official paint job and withdrew the bid. At least now they’re not trying to pass it off as Melody’s paint job.

Thanks for letting me know, yeah on the Ebay app for some reason I can’t see if any item has a reserve or not, I just kept seeing it pop back up & gets bids every time. Now it makes sense LOL

Nina
                Participant

That one has come up before in the last few months, here is a thread about it: http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/just-so-everyone-clear

Since they are not misrepresenting the item any more, they aren’t technically breaking any sort of copyright laws.

True, I was just worried it might have been cast then painted, because the paint job is so bad it makes it almost not look like the original. Wish they hadn’t repainted it so badly 🙁

Lupuslunae
                  Participant

Ahh just saw these, and even using the word “Windstone” in the auction title offends me =P The hatcher looks like a rip off of the of empress pose? I know Windstone has mentioned some sort of intellectual property rights concerning the colors used in your statues? So these could also be an example of the peacock coloring. The smaller curled one looks like a scaled down mother dragon. Many of the scale patterns look like they were taken right off a Windstone sculpture, especially the back of the curled dragon that looks like the mother dragon. Regretfully, there is no information on who makes these things listed in the auction.
                    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-5-Blue-Dragon-Statues-Figurines-Windstone-Editions-Hatchlings-/221210183910?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33812788e6

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

Ahh just saw these, and even using the word “Windstone” in the auction title offends me =P The hatcher looks like a rip off of the of empress pose? I know Windstone has mentioned some sort of intellectual property rights concerning the colors used in your statues? So these could also be an example of the peacock coloring. The smaller curled one looks like a scaled down mother dragon. Many of the scale patterns look like they were taken right off a Windstone sculpture, especially the back of the curled dragon that looks like the mother dragon. Regretfully, there is no information on who makes these things listed in the auction.
                      http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-5-Blue-Dragon-Statues-Figurines-Windstone-Editions-Hatchlings-/221210183910?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33812788e6

Ah, yes. John indicated to me that the manufacturer of this particular line is a problem, but this was some years ago. I have no idea if it was ever resolved or not.

Please check out this item number on eBay: 321101747199
                      They are moulds taken from a male dragon.

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

Please check out this item number on eBay: 321101747199
                        They are moulds taken from a male dragon.

They sure are. Did someone report it to John?

I’m not sure, I just saw them on eBay randomly and this was the first place I thought to come

rock-reader
                        Participant

I don’t know if I am just ignorant but doesn’t the sculpture of the baby pegasus foal (not the hatchling) have a chain around it’s neck with a crystal in it? On ebay, item #321112179825 is a pegasus foal figure without a chain. Is this just an official version that I am am unaware of?

Adaneth
                          Participant

You’re right, pegasus foals without the chain are much rarer, but they’re out there. I have one myself. 🙂

rock-reader
                            Participant

Thank you. There are two on ebay right now. My pegasus foal has a chain so I was confused.

Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 1,070 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.